Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Defense Language Inst credits from TESC anyone?
Hi Everyone: I'm just checking to see if anyone has submitted their Defense Language Institute transcript directly to TESC for credits without any problems.

I'm trying to get them to accept the Foreign Service Institute(FSI) transcript but they keep telling me that it has to be ACE approved.

This contradicts their blurb below which says that "persons who have been employed by the U.S. government and have served in the foreign service often can present records of language proficiency as assessed by FSI." The same goes for DLI. I think "assessed by FSI" are the key words here.

Appreciate your feedback. Thanks a lot for taking the time to response!!

---------------------------------------------
Excerpts from TESC College Catalog"Ways to Earn Undergraduate Credits"

Defense Language Institute (DLI)
The Defense Language Institute (DLI) administers a series of Defense Language Proficiency Tests (DLPT), which support its extensive foreign language instruction programs for active duty military personnel. Persons who served in the military may present records of language proficiency as assessed by DLI. The examinations, which test listening, reading and speaking skills, are scored on the basis of the level of proficiency achieved in each of the three areas. A variable range of credits may be earned, depending on the combination of scores received. Students should request that transcripts be sent to the Office of the Registrar by writing to: Commandant, DLIFLG, Attn. Academic Records (transcripts), Presidio of Monterey, Monterey, CA 93944-5006 or by calling (831) 242-5825; DLIFLC.edu - Home.

Foreign Service Institute (FSI)
The Foreign Service Institute (FSI) Foreign Service Institute mission and Transition Center programs, classes, and workshops. administers a series of oral proficiency language assessment examinations to test the oral language proficiency of prospective U.S. Department of State employees who will be stationed abroad. Persons who have been employed by the U.S. government and have served in the foreign service often can present records of language proficiency as assessed by FSI. Although many languages are assessed by the FSI, only the French and Spanish examinations have been evaluated in terms of college credit recommendations.
Passed so far:
CLEP:
A&I Lit - 6 credits
Freshman Comp-6 credits
Eng Comp w/Essay-6 credits
Sociology-3 credits
Principle of Mgmt-3 credits
French - 12 credits
Human Growth & Dev- 3 credits
Humanities-6 credits

DSST:
Principle of Supervision- 3 credits
Env & Humanity - 3 credits
Intro to Computing - 3 credits

FEMA/FCC: 16 credits
UMUC-22 credits
NVCC -17
ACE - 23 credits
Aleks - Beginning Algebra
Aleks-Intermediate Algebra
ACTFL Chinese -6 credits

All done - Graduating in Oct from TESC -BA in Humanities!!

Grad School: MS Human Resource Mgmt-2012
no. But I would like to you know were you successful in getting credits for DLPTs. I have one DLPT and one OPI and definitely will want to to get credit out of those.
please let me know how do you request DLI to send those transcripts to TESC.
I'm trying to get my BA in Foreign Language from TESC and just submitted my request for evaluation about two weeks ago. I will keep you guys updated if they give me credit for my transcript from DLI and for the dlpt scores.

Anusua: Go to the dli website (DLIFLC.edu - Home) and fill out the form there and send it in to the registrar's office. They will then send the transcript to TESC.
Just an update, TESC gave me credit for all 45 credits from DLI and applied most of it to my Area of study.:hurray:
anusua Wrote:no. But I would like to you know were you successful in getting credits for DLPTs. I have one DLPT and one OPI and definitely will want to to get credit out of those.
please let me know how do you request DLI to send those transcripts to TESC.

I emailed a military advisor at TESC. Maria Marte, mmarte@tesc.edu, she sent me the form required to send the request for the DLPT transcripts. Send her an email and request it. I will post once I go through all my emails and find it.
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Excelsior College - DONE[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]AAS-[SIZE="1"]2009[/SIZE], BSLS-[SIZE="1"]2010[/SIZE] [/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="2"]Thomas Edison State College - DONE[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]BA in History[/SIZE]-[SIZE="1"]2011[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE="2"]Texas A&M University Central Texas[/SIZE]
Master of Arts in History - 18/36 SH

CLEPs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Spanish, Freshman Comp, English Comp w/ Essay, Social Science & Hist, Info Sys & Comp App, Intro Sociology, Prin of Mngmt, American Gov , US History I, US History II, Western Civ I, Western Civ II[/SIZE][/SIZE]
DSSTs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Civil War & Reconstruction, Rise & Fall of Soviet Union, History of Vietnam War, Intro Modern Middle East, Western Europe Since 1945, Drug and Alcohol, Here's to Your Hlth, Intro To Comp, Prin of Sup, Technical Writing, Prin of Physical Science I[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Quote: There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. "Mr. Garrison"[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU transcript audit says 13 required credits through TESU? Rteurowise 8 2,118 09-05-2018, 01:43 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU "Overflow" Credits mysonx3 5 2,292 08-31-2018, 01:24 AM
Last Post: Merlin
  Charter Oak (COSC) maximum credits from one source nosey561 1 1,701 08-30-2018, 10:39 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.com College Credits UnbreakablyDetermined 2 1,858 08-27-2018, 05:44 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Credits Giantzebra 5 1,618 07-23-2018, 12:50 AM
  Second Bachelor BALS with concentration with the 24 new credits rule posabsolute 1 1,386 07-22-2018, 11:30 PM
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,675 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  EC now accepting FEMA credits Exfactor 6 2,818 06-29-2018, 10:32 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Please Review My Credits & Help Me Choose a Degree Plan warriortaupou 4 1,430 05-17-2018, 11:38 PM
Last Post: warriortaupou
  Upper Level Credits at Excelsior - via ACE? Silly_Me 27 10,739 05-16-2018, 05:10 PM
Last Post: scout2family