Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Degree Award question
COSC/TESC---Are degrees awarded upon completion of coursework or do you have to apply to graduate and then wait until the next graduation ceremony?
For TESC you have to apply and wait for the next conferral which is quarterly in March, June, September and December. The commencement ceremony is held annually in September.
BA in Natural Sciences/Mathematics, 2013 - TESC - Arnold Fletcher Award
AAS in Applied Computer Studies, 2013 - TESC
116 B&M Credits
32 FEMA Credits
9 ALEKS Credits - Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Trigonometry
9 Straighterline Credits - Business Communication, Microeconomics, English Composition II
6 TESC Credits - Global Environmental Change
3 DSST Credits - Environment and Humanity
AlbaTiVo Wrote:For TESC you have to apply and wait for the next conferral which is quarterly in March, June, September and December. The commencement ceremony is held annually in September.

This really sucks too, take my predicament for example. I finish my last class for my BS on July 27, but since I missed the July 1 date to have all my classes done I have to wait until December to graduate instead of graduating in September. It was the same with my AS degree. I finished my last class the end of January and I don't graduate until June.
2014 MBA Management & Strategy - WGU
2013 BS
Nuclear Energy Engineering Technology - TESC
[SIZE=2]
2013 AS
Nuclear Engineering Technology - TESC

[/SIZE]
Someone stated a few of weeks ago that TESC agreed to them filing by the first of the following month; in your case 8/1, to still hit the September graduation. It may be worth asking.
BA in Natural Sciences/Mathematics, 2013 - TESC - Arnold Fletcher Award
AAS in Applied Computer Studies, 2013 - TESC
116 B&M Credits
32 FEMA Credits
9 ALEKS Credits - Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Trigonometry
9 Straighterline Credits - Business Communication, Microeconomics, English Composition II
6 TESC Credits - Global Environmental Change
3 DSST Credits - Environment and Humanity
AlbaTiVo Wrote:Someone stated a few of weeks ago that TESC agreed to them filing by the first of the following month; in your case 8/1, to still hit the September graduation. It may be worth asking.

This is good to know, I will look into this.
2013 BS
[SIZE=2]
2013 AS

[/SIZE]
July 2nd I put in my paperwork to graduate in September with a big note stating my intentions to possibly graduate then and that this last class I am in is done on July 27. No complaints from TESC yet and they charged my credit card the $280 grad fee pretty quickly I might add...
2013 BS
[SIZE=2]
2013 AS

[/SIZE]
Remember just because they took your money doesn't mean that they have approved your graduation date. They will review if you have completed the requirements for graduation, if you have not, you will automatically be reevaluated for the next graduation date (December). You will receive 2 letters in the mail when they have confirmed your graduation date. I am waiting for mine now (submitted 10 JUN 13) and have no requirements remaining, but I will not publish an "I'm Done" until I have the letters in hand.
Degrees:
Associate: Pikes Peak Community College - Associate of General Studies 2012
Bachelors: Thomas Edison State College - BSBA (General Management) 2013 ~ Arnold Fletcher Award Recipient
Link to Degree Plan
MBA: Patten University - Master of Business Administration - Information Technology 2017
Charter Oak confers 3 times per year, with a commencement ceremony once per year. You have to apply to graduate a minimum of 3 months before you're projected conferral date.
[COLOR="#0000FF"] B.S. - COSC (December, 2013) :hurray:
20-Community College Courses (2004-2006)
80-Semester Hours at Western Governors University (2010-2012)
15-Charter Oak State College (2013)
12-CLEP
3-DSST
6-FEMA
If I can do it, ANYONE can do it![/COLOR]
dposborne Wrote:This really sucks too, take my predicament for example. I finish my last class for my BS on July 27, but since I missed the July 1 date to have all my classes done I have to wait until December to graduate instead of graduating in September. It was the same with my AS degree. I finished my last class the end of January and I don't graduate until June.

When I finished my degree through TESC back in 2010 they sent me a letter that I could use for employers which stated I had finished my degree and that it would be officially awarded in September. If you need this I'd ask them about it.
BA in History, TESC, Graduated September 2010
MA in History, American Public University, currently pursuing
Virginia teaching license, currently pursuing

Check out Degree Forum Wiki for more information on putting together your own degree plan!

My BA History degree plan.
IrishJohn Wrote:When I finished my degree through TESC back in 2010 they sent me a letter that I could use for employers which stated I had finished my degree and that it would be officially awarded in September. If you need this I'd ask them about it.

COSC offers this as well.
[COLOR="#0000FF"] B.S. - COSC (December, 2013) :hurray:
20-Community College Courses (2004-2006)
80-Semester Hours at Western Governors University (2010-2012)
15-Charter Oak State College (2013)
12-CLEP
3-DSST
6-FEMA
If I can do it, ANYONE can do it![/COLOR]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,679 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,229 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,875 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Courses/Exams at a Cheaper Price and TESU Admissions Question UnbreakablyDetermined 12 4,472 09-09-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Help with figuring out TESU History Degree plan AJay5595 10 3,364 09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: BAngieB
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,685 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 4,900 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,786 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  Has anyone been overlooked for a degree Crt 21 5,035 08-29-2018, 12:06 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Advice on Choosing a Degree Program UnbreakablyDetermined 3 1,971 08-26-2018, 08:06 PM