Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Degree from scratch 2018 HELP
Hello,
I have myself graduated from TESU last year, with a BA Psychology and I have been on this forum before. Without the help here I’m not sure how I would have been able to do it. This time asking for someone else. I was recently approached by my husband’s niece about a degree. She’s a married, working adult with a small child (and lots of financial obligations) so doing a degree online is pretty much her only choice. She’s interested to do a business degree with HR concentration. She doesn’t have any college credits so is starting from scratch. What is the best path for her in 2018? TESU, Excelsior, COSC? Also, she wants to do it for job advancement so I suggested that she gets an associate and then proceeds with the bachelors (having an associate will help with salary increase for her). Looking forward to your replies.
Probably TESU. Especially if she could get the bachelor's within 1 year of paying the waiver for graduating with the associates to save money.

Would she get employer reimbursement?

Thanks. I don’t think she’ll get the employer reimbursement.
(09-03-2018, 12:08 PM)Ideas Wrote: Probably TESU. Especially if she could get the bachelor's within 1 year of paying the waiver for graduating with the associates to save money.

My TESU BSBA HR recommendations are as follows (cheap/easy/fast method):
Here's the homework for you and your niece-in-law.

1) Download the My Degree Plan! spreadsheet within the Beginners Guide, post #27/28.
Use the My Degree Plan! worksheet for your progress tracking purposes, the others are for example reference only.

2) Check Modern States and courses they offer, cross reference TESU's CLEP equivalency (up to 90 credits)
MS Link: https://modernstates.org/course/
TESU Link: https://www.tesu.edu/academics/catalog/c...am-program

3) Review this link for FREE courses that will go into the FREE Electives section, it's open book exams for all & not proctored.
Wiki Link: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Fr..._of_Credit

4) Color code, update your spreadsheet as you complete these courses and if you're missing a course, complete them through Saylor, StraighterLine, Study.com or whichever provider you would want to use, check the price and see which is better value.

5) Work on the courses from FREE, to ALEKS for Math, then the General Education courses, Professional Business Requirements and finally, for the Area of Study, do that last. The majority of the AOS should be done with Study.com UL Business courses.

Try to search for some older templates from dfrecore for the AOS, update your spreadsheet of what you decide and paste it here.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Here's my spreadsheet for the TESU BSBA degree - with the ASBA highlighted in yellow.  But I think it's a more expensive AA than it needs to be with the Residency Waiver - unless the raise she gets compensates for the cost of it.

COSC has a similar BSBA, but they don't have an ASBA, just a General AA if that will work.

Attached Files
.pdf   TESU BSBA5 HR.pdf (Size: 66.11 KB / Downloads: 49)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(09-03-2018, 12:08 PM)Ideas Wrote: Probably TESU. Especially if she could get the bachelor's within 1 year of paying the waiver for graduating with the associates to save money.

I am just asking/curious, have you ever heard of a case where TESU tried to get someone to pay the wavier a second time within 1 year when trying to get another degree? 

I am on the same path as the OP and I am going for both my ASBA and later, possibly, my BSBA. If I could do the BSBA within a year of paying my waiver then it would be nice to not have to pay the waiver a second time.
Currently working on:  Capstone

Eastern University - (9 of 10 Courses Completed) (27 Credits)
Master's in Data Science

Western Governors University (WGU) - Completed in 2020.
Bachelor of Science, Business - Information Technology Management

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
SOPHIA (21 courses, 57 cr) 
Study.com (18 courses, 54 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
Eastern University (9 courses, 27 cr)
Honestly, with TESU, I wouldn't take the chance. I don't think they know the policy internally, they seem to make stuff up as they go along.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • AwardTour
(09-03-2018, 05:58 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Honestly, with TESU, I wouldn't take the chance.  I don't think they know the policy internally, they seem to make stuff up as they go along.

Isn't that the truth! I am not saying this to butter you up, but you probably have put together more degree plans and know more than some of the advisors/admissions counselors at TESU. 

(if any TESU staff have read my comment above then know that I am not making fun of you! I was just giving a compliment to someone for their unpaid community service to help others).
Currently working on:  Capstone

Eastern University - (9 of 10 Courses Completed) (27 Credits)
Master's in Data Science

Western Governors University (WGU) - Completed in 2020.
Bachelor of Science, Business - Information Technology Management

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
SOPHIA (21 courses, 57 cr) 
Study.com (18 courses, 54 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
Eastern University (9 courses, 27 cr)
Thank you for your replies everyone. I will pass the information to her.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finish Degree for CFP Marks Cfp417 7 160 Yesterday, 10:04 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI BAS or PUG BSPr or other way to doctoral degree mdn 2 137 04-23-2024, 02:00 PM
Last Post: mdn
  Is Ryan Swayt's Degree hacking course worth 1k? Fuse 48 4,737 04-22-2024, 01:02 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
Information applying for OMSCS with indian online degree MJREM 5 197 04-21-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: frankc
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 37 2,552 04-21-2024, 03:12 AM
Information Newbie Needs Advice !! Quick and Easy Degree for International Student smartfion 6 213 04-20-2024, 10:57 AM
  Degree Plan Advice dm.hans32 9 624 04-18-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 58 2,084 04-18-2024, 12:31 AM
  TESU or somewhere else for IT/CS related degree? tdat314 6 254 04-17-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Degree/Planning Advice: Retired LEO Seeking BA and MA after life-altering injury Han_Shot_First_IYKYK 24 1,208 04-16-2024, 11:37 PM
Last Post: Han_Shot_First_IYKYK