Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dillema
Tasman,

This cannot even be close to correct. I would be willing to bet you the majority of members on this forum are < 20 years old. Adults who have been in their field awhile tend to braindump old english, poetry, etc.; the only exception being if it's a hobby. I personally am studying with whatever I can for this exam. I'll look more into the threads about it soon Smile.

motarded
Tasman is correct. A&I Lit is not about content; it is all about comprehension, which you should not have to study for. You can either do it, or you can't. If you cannot comprehend the English language, then you probably could not get to within two quarters of completing a Bachelors. Take a Petersons practice test today, before further disagreement, and you will understand what multiple people are telling you. The Petersons test is about cognitive ability, and as such in my view, the test could not possibly have materially changed in years.

On the other hand, Humanities, Social Sciences, etc. are all about content, that apparently us old farts can spew forth with ease, in which case study is certainly recommended. That is the difference. Good luck to you and congrats on finishing up your degree.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Started on 03/09/2012 (on break from 2/2013 - 5/2015)
Goal: TESC BSBA - CIS or Gen. Mgmt.

Earned so far: 61/120 credits
ALEKS - College Algebra
ALEKS - Intermediate Algebra
ALEKS - Intro to Stats
ALEKS - Business Stats
CLEP - A&I Literature - 66
CLEP - College Comp w/ essay - 58
CLEP - Principles of Management - 67
CLEP - Principles of Marketing - 70
CLEP - Intro. Business Law - 64
DSST - Human Resource Management - 62
DSST - Principles of Supervision - 460
DSST - Intro to Computing - 463
DSST - Management Information Systems - 461
DSST - Intro to Business - 453
DSST - Business Ethics and Society - 444
DSST - Ethics in America - 458
DSST - Cybersecurity - 458
TECEP - Network Technology
TEEX - Cyber Security for Everyone, Cyber Security for Business Professionals
FEMA - Prof. Dev. Certificate (Now worthless)

Other:
ISC2 CISSP
southsidej Wrote:Take a Petersons practice test today, before further disagreement, and you will understand what multiple people are telling you. The Petersons test is about cognitive ability, and as such in my view, the test could not possibly have materially changed in years.

Exactly.

My kids, my sister-in-law, and I have all easily passed A&I with no preparation whatsoever.
63 CLEP Sociology
75 CLEP U.S. History II
63 CLEP College Algebra
70 CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature
68 DSST Technical Writing
72 CLEP U.S. History I
77 CLEP College Mathematics
470 DSST Statistics
53 CLEP College Composition
73 CLEP Biology
54 CLEP Chemistry
77 CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications
motarded Wrote:Tasman,

This cannot even be close to correct. I would be willing to bet you the majority of members on this forum are < 20 years old. Adults who have been in their field awhile tend to braindump old english, poetry, etc.; the only exception being if it's a hobby. I personally am studying with whatever I can for this exam. I'll look more into the threads about it soon Smile.

motarded

I can assure you that the majority of people on this forum are adult learners/non-traditional students (over the age of 25). Most people here attend the Big 3, which are purposed to serve non-traditional students.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
My kids were right out of high school when they passed A&I. My sister-in-law and I were not.
63 CLEP Sociology
75 CLEP U.S. History II
63 CLEP College Algebra
70 CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature
68 DSST Technical Writing
72 CLEP U.S. History I
77 CLEP College Mathematics
470 DSST Statistics
53 CLEP College Composition
73 CLEP Biology
54 CLEP Chemistry
77 CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications
motarded Wrote:I took the peterson test #1 and got a 45 my first try with only 35 minutes on the clock. If memory serves I have a hour and a half for the real thing right?

Outstanding! Yes, 80 questions, 90 minutes.

I would also recommend you keep something in mind. Peterson tests are, for the most part, more difficult than the actual test. There are exceptions to that rule of course, but I took A&I Lit 4 months ago, and I found the Petersons to be harder than the CLEP. Also, remember to play the elimination game when you aren't positive of an answer right off of the bat. You can usually eliminate all but two answers right away, increasing your odds of guessing correctly.

You'll do fine. Good luck!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Started on 03/09/2012 (on break from 2/2013 - 5/2015)
Goal: TESC BSBA - CIS or Gen. Mgmt.

Earned so far: 61/120 credits
ALEKS - College Algebra
ALEKS - Intermediate Algebra
ALEKS - Intro to Stats
ALEKS - Business Stats
CLEP - A&I Literature - 66
CLEP - College Comp w/ essay - 58
CLEP - Principles of Management - 67
CLEP - Principles of Marketing - 70
CLEP - Intro. Business Law - 64
DSST - Human Resource Management - 62
DSST - Principles of Supervision - 460
DSST - Intro to Computing - 463
DSST - Management Information Systems - 461
DSST - Intro to Business - 453
DSST - Business Ethics and Society - 444
DSST - Ethics in America - 458
DSST - Cybersecurity - 458
TECEP - Network Technology
TEEX - Cyber Security for Everyone, Cyber Security for Business Professionals
FEMA - Prof. Dev. Certificate (Now worthless)

Other:
ISC2 CISSP
southsidej Wrote:Outstanding! Yes, 80 questions, 90 minutes.

I would also recommend you keep something in mind. Peterson tests are, for the most part, more difficult than the actual test. There are exceptions to that rule of course, but I took A&I Lit 4 months ago, and I found the Petersons to be harder than the CLEP. Also, remember to play the elimination game when you aren't positive of an answer right off of the bat. You can usually eliminate all but two answers right away, increasing your odds of guessing correctly.

You'll do fine. Good luck!

I'll report back to this thread when I pass it Smile. I think i'm going to schedule it for Friday. Running through speedy prep currently on top of other things.

Appreciate the help/feedback Smile.

motarded
motarded Wrote:Tasman,

motarded

Well I'm twice that age
Set yourself goals, not limitations
Is it just me, or was motarded extremely rude for a newcomer, demanding information and declaring people as "wrong" and making uninformed sweeping statements about CLEP/this forum. I dare say I wouldn'tve been as patient as the above repliers, you guys really are nice. Motarded, it's too bad you couldn't take a 6 credit CLEP on manners and etiquette.
Goal - BA Mathematics Major at TESC
Plan: International AP Calculus Teacher

COMPLETED: [B]123/B]
B&M (Philosophy, Psychology, Calculus I/II, Physics I/II, Discrete Structures I/II, Comp Sci, Astronomy, Ethics)*42 credits
Athabasca (Nutrition, Globalization)*6 credits
ALEKS (Stats, Precalculus)*6 credits
CLEPS (College Math 73, A&I Lit 73, French 63, Social Sciences and History 59, American Lit 57, English Lit 59)*42 credits
TECEP (English Composition I, II)*6 credits
TESC Courses (MAT 270 Discrete Math A, MAT 321 Linear Algebra B, MAT 331 Calculus III B+, MAT 332 Calculus IV B-,
MAT 361 College Geometry B+, MAT 401 Mathematical Logic B, LIB-495 Capstone B)*21 credits
DSST (MIS, Intro to Computing)*6 credits*(not using)
It did seem a bit rude, but remember it's hard to relay tone in text, so he may have not meant it as rude as it sounded. I know I am sometimes accused of the same thing.

OE800_85 Wrote:Is it just me, or was motarded extremely rude for a newcomer, demanding information and declaring people as "wrong" and making uninformed sweeping statements about CLEP/this forum. I dare say I wouldn'tve been as patient as the above repliers, you guys really are nice. Motarded, it's too bad you couldn't take a 6 credit CLEP on manners and etiquette.
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dillema with Financial Aid & Paying Excelsior fees...& Now the Depth Requirement too 0 467 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: