Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Displaying badges on LinkedIn - aka… How much is too much???
(07-02-2021, 12:27 PM)Maniac Craniac Wrote: I use the "courses" section to list professional development that I don't feel was substantial enough to add to my "education" section. I still have the same problem, though. I went certificate crazy last year and have a bunch of credentials that overcrowd my education section. I think LinkedIn needs a Professional Development section where we can add such noncredit, but substantial, certs that don't fit well in other sections.

Also, I don't look at LinkedIn as I would a resume. On a resume, I'd pick the few things that are most relevant and help me to come off as most well rounded and ready for the job. On LinkedIn, I try to give the most complete picture possible.

I have toyed with creating a link to Credly and a link to Saylor certificates and have them each as a single entry rather than course by course, but that didn’t seem right either.  For now, I am trying out just having my credly link as my “website” since i don’t really have a website.  But I am not sure about that either.  I do think a lot of mine is fluff.  Especially the ones I did during the early months of Covid when a lot of stuff was free.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
(07-02-2021, 12:39 PM)Vle045 Wrote: I have toyed with creating a link to Credly and a link to Saylor certificates and have them each as a single entry rather than course by course, but that didn’t seem right either.  For now, I am trying out just having my credly link as my “website” since i don’t really have a website.  But I am not sure about that either.  I do think a lot of mine is fluff.  Especially the ones I did during the early months of Covid when a lot of stuff was free.

You can hide some of the Credly badges. (But I think that you can't auto-accept if you are selectively hiding badges.)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coursera, Udemy & LinkedIn Learning ss20ts 6 1,971 06-12-2023, 11:51 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  LTI and Credly Badges before 2015 vetvso 4 481 11-17-2022, 11:13 AM
Last Post: vetvso
  College credit for LinkedIn Learning "Learning Paths" sanantone 6 1,932 08-19-2022, 01:46 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket
  Is there a way to share a “profile” of badges earned on Badgr? Vle045 6 1,571 04-09-2022, 03:04 PM
Last Post: carrythenothing
  Best 11 Guidelines to Make the Most Out of Your LinkedIn Profile LevelUP 0 459 03-13-2022, 01:21 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
Thumbs Up How do you list certificates on Resume and LinkedIn? Vle045 2 672 05-04-2021, 04:05 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Interesting Article on LinkedIn about the Online Course Revolution FuschiaFleur 7 800 03-12-2013, 03:07 PM
Last Post: Daithi