Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do I need to schedule a SDC exam??
Do I need to schedule a Study.com exam like I do for Straighterline exams? It seemed like I could just start it whenever I wanted.
Also, is there a way to see your grade? I would like to know how many I need to get correct in the final to pass.
Nope! They have on-demand exams and they use software that records you as you're taking the exam for someone to review afterwards. I received my grade immediately since the exam I took (Database Management) was multiple choice, but it wasn't official until they supposedly reviewed the recording, which only took a few days.
BS in Data Science & Analytics and BA in Computer Science and Mathematics at TESU (June 2019 to June 2020)
In-progress:
MS in Cybersecurity at NYU (January 2021 to December 2022?)
MCIT in Information Security and Assurance at NAU (September 2020 to March 2021)
Not having to schedule an exam is one of the best features of Study.com (imo). At the start they tell you what grade you need to pass the course. At the end of the exam they will tell you what you scored 'x out of y'. You just need to do the math to figure out the % (grade). - https://www.wikihow.com/Calculate-a-Test-Grade
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 2 users Like allvia's post:
  • AwardTour, Muldoon
Do you fail if the dog barks?
(08-05-2019, 12:45 PM)SweetsugarNL Wrote: Do you fail if the dog barks?

This right here is my concern.  I leave the dogs out in the hallway, but if the slightest bang or noise from somebody walking outside occurs, they will bark.  Is it better to find a public area that may have a private room in this scenario if dogs barking randomly can cause failing?
TESU September 2020 Graduate
Bachelor of Arts  in Liberal Studies with a concentration in Social Sciences

Sophia (3); Institutes (3); TEEX (21); CSM (3); CLEP (12); SL (45); InstantCert (6)Study (21) TESU (6)
(08-05-2019, 12:45 PM)SweetsugarNL Wrote: Do you fail if the dog barks?

No.   But you need to just let them bark - no shouting at them to 'be quiet', no getting up to check what all the fuss is about.  The proctors are aware that there could be some external noises; like dogs parking, passing conversation in the hall outside, a loud TV muffled in the background from time to time. This is why having the audio working (you can't take the exam without the mic test passing) is important to the exam process; if there is a noise they can tell what it is - there is a difference between someone giving you answers through a closed door, than a loud high-speed chase scene coming from the TV in the room next door.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Exactly what allvia typed. I've done testing in the bathroom before, as I had no other rooms to test in. I removed everything on the counter/sink and placed it into the bath tub. Then did an ID, scan of the room, photo of myself, and went on with the exams. They review the footage and also the screen capture to make sure there's no funky business going on...

Nothing ever happened, even though there were sounds coming from all directions and including an accidental flush. They'll flag the system if they see anything out of the ordinary though, I've never had a flag on my account yet and I've tested in that room a few times already with Study.com... For ProctorU, it's a different story, been flagged three times or more, but fixed after a call in.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Why you are flagged at proctoru?
Maybe i put a cable internet connection to upstair and find there a good place.
The dog is always downstairs.
I’ve been wondering about this too. My office is open. I have a filing cabinet and closed cupboards but the halls don’t have doors. If everyone is gone, will it be okay? Or do I literally need to find an empty small room with closed doors? Are large pictures on the walls okay?
PU is stupid, they flag you for minor stuff. I got flagged by PU because of technical issues. What I mean by that is for example, my internet had issues one day while I was doing an exam, it lost out a few minutes of internet access and I had to reconnect and continue where I left off.

The proctor even mentioned to me that he'll flag it and all I do is to call in to have StraighterLine release that flag as my course didn't show I completed the course and had a message - contact SL for grade. It's a waste of time, I just call in and ask, what's my grade for the course and they just tell you - your course was flagged because of technical issues and they'll just release that flag to show me my grade.

In regards to all proctoring, RPNOW and PROCTORU, you can have an empty hallway, it won't really matter as long as there are NO "writings" or postings on your wall and no one can be in the same room. I also was flagged once as my daughter and son both were crying and came into the kitchen when I was doing an exam at midnight. They couldn't sleep and I had to brush them off... otherwise, again, I had to call and explain, easy peasy and it was resolved.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Brick MAT150 - Straighterline - Final Exam riteshvpandya 2 239 02-26-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: riteshvpandya
  Is the Introduction to Religion REL 101 proctored exam at Straighterline open book? Breaachh 2 261 02-16-2024, 10:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Did my first ever final exam on Study.com. Realized Google Chrome was still minimized Tyranova 2 757 08-13-2023, 07:32 PM
Last Post: Tyranova
  study.com Final Exam Review Leo Wu 4 693 05-30-2023, 04:43 PM
Last Post: origamishuttle
  Anyone recently take the Study.com stats 101 final exam? oh.golly.molly 1 781 05-02-2023, 02:17 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  exam timer mombie 3 527 03-08-2023, 11:37 AM
  Study.com 5 Exam Limit??? joshua27 15 1,548 02-23-2023, 11:17 AM
Last Post: BrianFallon
  When do you have to take your Straighterline exam? loops77 3 681 01-25-2023, 04:39 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Study.com Failed Exam BSBRose21 3 1,944 01-14-2023, 03:49 PM
  SDC - English 205: English Composition II - Can I take final exam first? Titan_s 4 909 12-10-2022, 11:38 AM
Last Post: Sb2013