Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do grades from transfer credits matter?
I am looking at the transcript from the college where I earned my Associate degree.

At the end, under Core Curriculum, it lists things like this:

ENGL1301   TB
ENGL1302   TC
SPAN1411   TA
GEOL1404   A
BIOL1406    A
etc.

I have an "Insitutional GPA" listed. Obviously that does not include the "T" grades above.

So, just some basic questions here.

Say you need 6 hours of natural science for a certain bachelor degree. You've earned 12 that you choose from to transfer in. A no-grade ACE for 3, and RA's of A, B, C. Would you ask that they place the "A" for 3 hrs, and the ACE for the other 3? Or would you want the "B" to show up instead? How does ACE show up on your transcripts? "TP' (pass) or "TX", "TC" (credit), "TE" (earned)?  Smile  I earned my Associate degree before doing alt-credit, so I don't know.

Does this vary a good bit from school to school? Is it unusual to ask for a certain arrangement of transfers when it's just about grades vs. meeting requirements?

I thought of sending in ACE transcript first, getting those placed, then sending the RA transcripts later.
College (146): RA (134), NA (12)
ACE-recommended (105): Sophia (53), Study (28), Google (12), TEEX (10), Institutes (2)
ECTS (69): ENEB (65), LUT (2), XAMK (2)
IN PROGRESS:

Certificate- Google Data Analytics
Bachelor- Cybersecurity Technology (105/120) /
 Organizational Leadership (99/120)
Certification- CompTIA A+
DONE:
Certificate- Google IT Support

Associates- Business Administration /  BoG (History)
Undergrad certificate- Computer Networking
MBA
(10-11-2020, 04:55 PM)StoicJ Wrote: Say you need 6 hours of natural science for a certain bachelor degree. You've earned 12 that you choose from to transfer in. A no-grade ACE for 3, and RA's of A, B, C. Would you ask that they place the "A" for 3 hrs, and the ACE for the other 3? Or would you want the "B" to show up instead? How does ACE show up on your transcripts? "TP' (pass) or "TX", "TC" (credit), "TE" (earned)?  Smile  I earned my Associate degree before doing alt-credit, so I don't know.

Does this vary a good bit from school to school? Is it unusual to ask for a certain arrangement of transfers when it's just about grades vs. meeting requirements?

I thought of sending in ACE transcript first, getting those placed, then sending the RA transcripts later.

Like many things in academia, the answer is "it depends." It really depends on why you want the grades to show on your transcript. Transfer credits won't apply to your institutional GPA and your transfer GPA will be calculated by your destination school based on looking at all your transcripts. So they may not care which ones you transferred to your current school. If you need to show a transcript to prove an overall GPA for something (maybe for work reimbursement or professional certification-related, etc.) then maybe it would matter, but outside of that, I don't see where it would matter.

As for ACE courses on your official transcript, they will most likely appear as a PASS (TP or TC) and won't be counted as part of your overall transfer GPA. There is a small chance that if you're attending a partner school for SL or SDC, they may show up with letter grades along with requirement met (as they do at WGU and COSC), but that only matters if you send the courses directly to the destination school rather than filter grades out via ACE transcripts.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,725 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  If I transfer OTHM Diploma into US University, will they be counted as RA credits? lucillegyl 7 587 02-15-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: lucillegyl
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 436 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  No ACE credits on ACTFL exam? Aikuroa 12 1,195 01-09-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Salvaging FEMA credits CaughtInTheRye12 6 474 12-28-2023, 11:57 PM
Last Post: CaughtInTheRye12
Question Extension Schools for Credit Transfer Tobutz 4 655 12-13-2023, 03:21 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  MyWay Transfer Update: Non-degree awarding course provider bjcheung77 10 1,715 11-15-2023, 12:30 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  Recommendations For 18 LL or 9 UL Social Science Credits harrypotter 3 381 11-08-2023, 07:27 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Cheapest way to complete CS prerequisites (RA Credits)? therightstuff 18 1,789 11-01-2023, 02:13 AM
Last Post: therightstuff
Information 3 credits in quantitative reasoning for $39 (ACE) MNomadic 92 18,523 10-30-2023, 04:02 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy