Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you have to be super smart to finish WGU? What can you do to eliminate any doubts
(05-23-2023, 03:46 AM)whiverem Wrote: For the computer science major I'm worried about the discrete math 2 and algorithms 2 courses, and for the IT major I'm worried about the SQL course, and for the MBA I'm worried about accounting and economics and finance courses.

It's important to note that CS, IT, and MBA are very different degrees. The knowledge, time, and effort to complete them is also different. If you're still trying to decide between CS and IT, you should do some research to understand the courses in each degree and what can be transferred to reduce the number of courses required at WGU. This is an important factor because you can't transfer after you start the degree. I recommend beginning with the following resources:

BSIT (wgu.edu)
Sophia - BSIT (wgu.edu)
Study.com - BSIT (wgu.edu)

BSCS (wgu.edu)
Sophia - BSCS (wgu.edu)
Study.com - BSCS (wgu.edu)

Also search for degree/course writeups on reddit, and join the unofficial discord: https://discord.gg/unwgu
Pierpont Community & Technical College 2022
Associate of Applied Science - Board of Governors - Area of Emphasis: Information Systems
Western Governors University 
Bachelor of Science - Cloud Computing
Charter Oak State College
Bachelor of Science - General Studies - Concentration: Information Systems Studies
Thomas Edison State University
Bachelor of Arts - Computer Science
Associate in Science in Natural Sciences and Mathematics - Mathematics
University of Maine at Presque Isle 
Bachelor of Applied Science - Minor: Project Management

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How fast (in how many days) can you realistically finish Sophia, etc. or WGU course? whiverem 32 6,822 01-19-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Tips for success at WGU (to finish in a single term) Merlin 2 5,209 01-19-2024, 02:00 AM
Last Post: nykorn
Sad Struggling to finish angellicarob 3 638 10-26-2023, 09:27 PM
Last Post: davewill
  WGU MBA Reddit - Finish in 1 term bjcheung77 26 11,960 10-31-2021, 04:00 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  average time to finish WGU - opinions wanted EducationSeeker 21 7,230 07-27-2019, 08:32 PM
Last Post: Jenniferinfl