Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does TESU do blanket transfers from degrees?
Long story short, I have my BSc Information Technology, but I somehow got away with not taking a natural science course or a small handful of others. Is it likely that TESU would transfer my degree in as a way to fulfill General Education requirements? I know some schools do it, just not sure about them.

I'm looking into the BACS as a way to level my math out for graduate studies and transcript the nonstandard math credits into something that my target university programs wouldn't balk at (rather than spending $6,000 getting more math classes done). If this is remarkably difficult, I might take a different route, because I don't exactly need another Bachelor's degree
Master of Business Administration, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Management & Team Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Supply Chain Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2023

BS Information Technology, Western Governors University, 2017
AAS Cybersecurity, Community College, 2017
FEMA Emergency Management Certificate, 2017
Fundraising Specialization Certificate, Berkeley/Haas, 2020

Undergraduate Credits: 165 Semester Credits
Graduate Credits: 105 ECTS (52.5 Semester Credits)
If you have a bachelor's already, TESU might do a blanket transfer and waive the GE requirements - including (IIRC) the cornerstone requirement. AFAIK, they are usually more generous with credits when transfering in a bachelor's rather than an associate's. If, for some reason, they say that you do need science classes, Sophia is a quick, easy, and inexpensive way to take a couple of those classes and fill the hole.
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • collegechick
(09-25-2020, 04:31 AM)rachel83az Wrote: If you have a bachelor's already, TESU might do a blanket transfer and waive the GE requirements - including (IIRC) the cornerstone requirement. AFAIK, they are usually more generous with credits when transfering in a bachelor's rather than an associate's. If, for some reason, they say that you do need science classes, Sophia is a quick, easy, and inexpensive way to take a couple of those classes and fill the hole.

Sophia has easy College Algebra as a way to transfer some math credits too.  It does seem like Sophia is upgrading some of their courses, and the upgrades are harder.  College Algebra is not upgraded yet.  CLEP is great for College Math.  It is 6 easy credits, and if you watch just the videos and answers the questions on Modern States you can get a voucher to take the CLEP for College Math for free.  There is also a REA book that has just the practice CLEP exams for @ $25 if you wanted more practice.
(09-25-2020, 03:30 AM)Thorne Wrote: Long story short, I have my BSc Information Technology, but I somehow got away with not taking a natural science course or a small handful of others. Is it likely that TESU would transfer my degree in as a way to fulfill General Education requirements? I know some schools do it, just not sure about them.

I'm looking into the BACS as a way to level my math out for graduate studies and transcript the nonstandard math credits into something that my target university programs wouldn't balk at (rather than spending $6,000 getting more math classes done). If this is remarkably difficult, I might take a different route, because I don't exactly need another Bachelor's degree

If you already have a bachelor's degree and are seeking a second bachelor's at TESU, all GenEd requirements are waived, including the cornerstone. So it is effectively the same as a block transfer. The only exception would be if you have any GenEd pre-requisite courses for the new degree that are not met in your old degree. For the BACS, you will need Calculus I and Discrete Math which are GenEd courses, but are included in the AoS for the BACS, so they aren't technically considered GenEd courses for the BACS at TESU.

To pursue a second degree, you only need to fulfill the degree core (major) and/or AOS requirements for the new degree program. As part of that, you will need to transfer in at least 24 new credits that were earned after the conferral of your prior bachelor's degree.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
(09-25-2020, 11:28 AM)Dorothy44 Wrote: Sophia has easy College Algebra as a way to transfer some math credits too.  It does seem like Sophia is upgrading some of their courses, and the upgrades are harder.  College Algebra is not upgraded yet.  

What does Sophia seem to be upgrading? I'm wondering because many of the courses I recently completed were definitely their original courses.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 16 2,308 3 hours ago
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 524 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 451 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 475 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 258 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,228 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 233 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 375 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 300 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 278 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27