Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does TESU typically take 25 days to review transcripts?
I'm getting impatient waiting for TESU to review my transcripts. They've received all of them since last Friday (11/11/16). Their auto response says this can take up to 25 days?! That's pretty ridiculous. Have you all had to wait this long?
Universal Life Church- PhD Philosophy in Religion (This was a funny vanity degree)
WGU- MS Management and Leadership- 2021
TESU- BALS concentration Social Science & ASNSM Computer Science- 2021
Red Rocks CC- Associates of General Studies
U of California- Project Management - 2021
Texas A&M Extension Engineering Service- Death Investigation, Information Risk Management, Disaster Recovery for Information Systems, Cyber Incident Analysis & Response, Disaster Recovery for Information Systems, Cyber Ethics, Cyber Law &White Collar Crime, Information Security for Everyone- 2016
State of Nevada- TAM & Alcohol Awareness Certification- 2015 
Allegra Learning LLC- Food, Nutrition, and Health- 2015
Dept of Homeland Security- Continuity of Operation, Protecting Your Home or Small Business from Disaster, Decision Making & Problem Solving, Effective Communication, Leadership & Influence- 2008
FAA- certified Flight attendant
25 business days. Mark your calendar, and try to put it out of your head, because it will be a long wait.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Ugh! Thanks for your response Sad
Universal Life Church- PhD Philosophy in Religion (This was a funny vanity degree)
Texas A&M Extension Engineering Service- Death Investigation, Information Risk Management, Disaster Recovery for Information Systems, Cyber Incident Analysis & Response, Disaster Recovery for Information Systems, Cyber Ethics, Cyber Law &White Collar Crime, Information Security for Everyone- 2016
Dept of Homeland Security- Continuity of Operation, Protecting Your Home or Small Business from Disaster, Decision Making & Problem Solving, Effective Communication, Leadership & Influence- 2008
If there's anything you haven't sent, or if you get anything else done soon, get them sent in. When they finally do sit down to do it, they will generally evaluate everything they have in their possession, even if it came in more recently.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
To give you a bit of hope they received my transcript on the 11/7/2016 and my evaluation is now complete on 11/14/2016. In addition check your academic evaluation on my Edison it may be half done.
Thanks for the tip. I wish I knew exactly what other classes I need, because I'm ready to hop onto Saylor.org and other platforms to knock off more credits! I wish I could be working on a class right now in the meantime.
Fortune212 Wrote:To give you a bit of hope they received my transcript on the 11/7/2016 and my evaluation is now complete on 11/14/2016. In addition check your academic evaluation on my Edison it may be half done.

That's hopeful. I just logged in again and they haven't begun my evaluation.
collegechick Wrote:That's hopeful. I just logged in again and they haven't begun my evaluation.

They normally take the full 25 business days from the day you apply to complete the eval. So, if you applied on 11/1, then even if they received your transcripts by 11/10, they still wouldn't have your eval completed until 12/6.

Keep in mind, they change the "25 business days" thing occasionally, so that could change. Did they give you a time frame?

Also, you probably won't see if they "begin" your eval, you will just see a completed eval when it's done.

Also, you could definitely start on classes that you 100% for certain need:
1) Something for the Info Lit requirement, like World Religions (DSST, SL, Study.com), A&I Lit (CLEP) or Tech Writing (DSST, TECEP, Study.com)
2) An Ethics course, the free one is good: Insurance Ethics
3) something for the Civic Engagement requirement, like American Government (CLEP, SL, Study.com) or Comparative Politics (Saylor, TECEP)
4) some UL courses you need (unless you think any of your courses will come in as UL - you had to have taken them at a 4-yr college, and they have to be considered UL at that college): Managerial/Corporate Comm (TECEP/Saylor), Business Comm (SL), Marketing Comm (TECEP), Org Behavior (DSST, SL, Study.com), Substance Abuse (DSST), Vietnam War (DSST, Study.com), Soviet Union (DSST), MIS (DSST), Abnormal Psych (TECEP, Study.com), Pathophysiology (Study.com), Microbiology (Study.com, SL), Research Methods in Psych (Study.com), Social Psychology (Study.com) - I'm sure there are more, but those are the ones off the top of my head for a BALS.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I just went through this.

Not only does it take weeks, but that's not the end. Then you need to schedule appointments with a counselor to see what they say you need to do, my first one took a week to book. I am still ironing out details. Confusedhrugs:
Angel 
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies Thomas Edison State University 2018
Cert in Emergency Management -
Three Rivers CC 2017
Cert in Basic Police Ed - Walters State CC 1996

Current Goal: new job
Working on: securing funding I don't have to pay back for a Masters.
Up Next: Toying with Masters Programs
Finished: First Degree

Older Experience with: PLA / Portfolios, RPNow, Proctor U, ACE, NCCRS, DAVAR Academy (formerly Tor), Straighterline, TESU, Ed4Credit, Study.com, The Institutes, Kaplan, ALEKS, FEMA IS, NFA IS, brick & mortar community colleges, LOTS of vocational schools...

My list of academic courses:
link

you don't *need* to have a meeting with a counselor, it's just a good idea to. If you already have everything mapped out through the forums, no need to talk to them about your plan. I never did.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,926 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,616 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,022 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,581 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,668 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,292 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,282 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,321 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,816 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore