Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anyone have a test out degree plan for TESU Information Techology
(05-01-2018, 10:49 AM)allvia Wrote:
(05-01-2018, 10:18 AM)SamCes Wrote: davewill, Yenisei, dfrecore, ajs1976a,

Thanks for all your replies!  ajs1976a, I'm just starting.  Originally my goal was to knock out a degree as fast as possible which lead me to the big three test-out programs.  After looking further I see with a bit more effort I can get a degree that I'm actually interested in verses checking a box for an employer.  I have future employment opportunities in the IT and Cybersecurtiy fields so if I could hammer out a degree in 6 months to a year that would perfect.

I've tested out of most of my GE.  Speed and ease are top priorities, cost is a factor too but I'm willing to spend a little more for a path that's faster and easier.  A second goal would be a Masters.  I saw the TESU Bachelor's to Master's Programs a thought that might be a faster route to a MS so was looking for a way to test out of the BS to get that out of the way for employment purposes then focus on knocking out an MS. My preference would be Cybersecurity over IT but it seems easier to cover IT courses. Looks like Excelsior also has a MS in Cybersecurity.  Would it be better to knock out ANY test-out degree Communications or Business for example and then go for MS Cybersecurity?

You can transfer many credits into WGU as well (through test-out method credits, just have to be done before enrolling), especially the GEs which again lowers the cost/time.

If you do opt for the Business degree route with one of the Big 3, then maybe the TESU BSBA-CIS could be an option - covers your Business, along with being IT based.  Many here have done that, and then went on to WGU for their masters degree. If you shared what credits you do have would allow us to better to assess where you stand and options that may fit what you already have earned.
Here's where I'm at
AP
English Composition with Essay* 6cr
Human Geography 3cr
CLEP  
Humanities 6cr

College Mathematics 6cr
Natural Sciences 6cr
Social Sciences and History 6cr
Introductory Psychology 3cr
Introduction to Educational Psychology 3cr
American Government 3cr
Spanish 6 cr
DSST
Oral Communications 3 cr
THE INSTITUTE
Ethics 2cr
Next up:
INFORMATION LITERACY - Thinking DSST World Religions 3cr
Understanding the Physical & Natural World - Thinking Uexcel Earth Science GEOx101 3cr

Thanks for all your replies!  ajs1976a, I'm just starting.  Originally my goal was to knock out a degree as fast as possible which lead me to the big three test-out programs.  After looking further I see with a bit more effort I can get a degree that I'm actually interested in verses checking a box for an employer.  I have future employment opportunities in the IT and Cybersecurtiy fields so if I could hammer out a degree in 6 months to a year that would perfect.

I've tested out of most of my GE.  Speed and ease are top priorities, cost is a factor too but I'm willing to spend a little more for a path that's faster and easier.  A second goal would be a Masters.  I saw the TESU Bachelor's to Master's Programs a thought that might be a faster route to a MS so was looking for a way to test out of the BS to get that out of the way for employment purposes then focus on knocking out an MS. My preference would be Cybersecurity over IT but it seems easier to cover IT courses. Looks like Excelsior also has a MS in Cybersecurity.  Would it be better to knock out ANY test-out degree Communications or Business for example and then go for MS Cybersecurity?

Have you looked at the cost of getting a MS from EC or TESU?  Unless you have unlimited funds, you should probably look elsewhere.

The whole "BS to MS" thing is kind of dumb.  You can do that with just about ANY degree, so there's no point in doing it through an expensive school.

Get the BA/BS that you want, and then when you're ready for a MA/MS, get that where you want.

If you want an IT degree, you REALLY should be looking at WGU.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(05-01-2018, 04:46 PM)dfrecore Wrote:

Have you looked at the cost of getting a MS from EC or TESU?  Unless you have unlimited funds, you should probably look elsewhere.

The whole "BS to MS" thing is kind of dumb.  You can do that with just about ANY degree, so there's no point in doing it through an expensive school.

Get the BA/BS that you want, and then when you're ready for a MA/MS, get that where you want.

If you want an IT degree, you REALLY should be looking at WGU.

With the limited credits you have (none are in AOS, all Gen Eds) I agree with dfrecore on this; you will get the most bang for the buck in what will likely be the least amount of time with WGU.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Many thanks to you both!  WGU wasn't even on my radar until this thread.  Checking out WGU right now...
(05-01-2018, 06:04 PM)SamCes Wrote: Many thanks to you both!  WGU wasn't even on my radar until this thread.  Checking out WGU right now...

Plus you'll earn certifications as you go along in many of the degree programs. The IT world loves its certifications.

WGU link: https://www.wgu.edu/
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • quigongene

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help - Math Degree for Grad School Frederico.Sandoval 9 584 04-03-2024, 12:21 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New UK Bachelors Degree Online coming soon! Leedeedee 1 260 04-03-2024, 11:54 AM
  Cheapest degree in graphic design? blablablox 10 599 03-30-2024, 12:44 PM
  Colleges bring back ACT/SAT after finding test-optional policies hurt minorities LevelUP 1 197 03-16-2024, 11:17 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,688 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
  So... I decided doing a UK Level 5 on Information Technology, here's why elcastor21 15 1,013 03-09-2024, 11:54 AM
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 566 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 497 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Atlantic Technological University Interesting Bachelor degree offering from Ireland durain 0 282 02-12-2024, 02:58 AM
Last Post: durain
  The First 3-Year Degree Programs Win Approval Ares 10 841 02-07-2024, 03:40 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden