Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on TESU BA Psychology plan - no prior credits
I've been a lurker for awhile researching this forum and the wiki, and using the information I've found I think I've come up with a plan I can make work for a BA in Psychology from TESU. So when anyone has a few free minutes, I'd really appreciate any feedback. Thank you!
.xlsx   Less than 1 minute ago">BA-Psych-TESU-Plan.xlsx (Size: 48.9 KB / Downloads: 20)
The plans workable, but I'm not sure why you're using a single Straighterline course, it's a waste of a membership!
My suggestion is to take at least 5 courses a month at Straighterline, replace some Davar courses with the ones at Straighterline.
I think Davar at $70+$15/RPNow proctoring exam is a great price, but not as cheap as Saylor courses. I would take SL/Study.com over them.
For a monthly subscription of Study.com you can take 2 courses/month at $199/month, each extra course is $70.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Are CSU Global courses somewhat expensive?

I think people generally like them quite a bit, but there's probably cheaper options.

Very Davar and Study.com heavy! Make sure you get the Guiardian Scholarship if possible for Study.com, and if you're ready to test out already Davar has a $99 for the month for all you can take exams in June. (plus proctoring fees per exam, cheapest options $15//each)
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
CSU-Global is $250 for 3 credits.

If you don't hate math, you can get 3-9+ math credits at ALEKS for $20. Not $20 each, but $20 total.

You may want to add a UExcel (instead of Coopersmith or maybe others), but I'm not sure if they are UL.

bjcheung77 Wrote:The plans workable, but I'm not sure why you're using a single Straighterline course, it's a waste of a membership!
My suggestion is to take at least 5 courses a month at Straighterline, replace some Davar courses with the ones at Straighterline.
I think Davar at $70+$15/RPNow proctoring exam is a great price, but not as cheap as Saylor courses. I would take SL/Study.com over them.
For a monthly subscription of Study.com you can take 2 courses/month at $199/month, each extra course is $70.

Thank you for the suggestions! Based on various threads here giving feedback on both I think I will like Study.com's format better than Straighterline, but I do have an alternate version that has a lot more from Straighterline. Also, if I get the Study.com scholarship (fingers crossed!) that will make it pretty cheap.

I've read some criticism of Saylor, so I'm not too sure about that, but what I've found about Davar is pretty positive. Especially with the offer they've giving in June.
jsd Wrote:Are CSU Global courses somewhat expensive?

I think people generally like them quite a bit, but there's probably cheaper options.

Very Davar and Study.com heavy! Make sure you get the Guiardian Scholarship if possible for Study.com, and if you're ready to test out already Davar has a $99 for the month for all you can take exams in June. (plus proctoring fees per exam, cheapest options $15//each)

The CSU Global courses are $250/course, but they have several options I couldn't find at Study/SL/etc, mainly the HR courses. I'm kind of aiming for a semi-HR degree without doing a BSBA since I've been reading that TESU has made that harder/more expensive lately. I applied for the Guardian scholarship, but haven't heard back yet. I got the email from Davar, so I want to see how many I can knock out in their time frame.
I don't hate math, but it's not my strong suit :ack:
Also, I read that ALEKS may/may not continue to be good for ACE credit? Or is my information out-of-date?

I wasn't sure about UExcel either, and Coopersmith isn't much more at $150/course.
JustMeof3 Wrote:I don't hate math, but it's not my strong suit :ack:
Also, I read that ALEKS may/may not continue to be good for ACE credit? Or is my information out-of-date?

I wasn't sure about UExcel either, and Coopersmith isn't much more at $150/course.

ALEKS is currently good through the end of June. They may get renewed after that, or they may change.

Oh, $150 is good Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 4,022 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,687 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,175 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,693 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,754 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,375 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,622 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,348 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,406 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,886 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore