Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Double Major UMPI to get 60 credits
(01-17-2022, 11:13 AM)acethroughcollege Wrote:
(01-13-2022, 04:20 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(01-13-2022, 04:08 PM)acethroughcollege Wrote: From the responses on this thread it looks like the best route might be the BA Accounting with the minors to get the credits.
Do I remember correctly that I should talk to them about getting a minor after enrollment?

Yes, once you're enrolled you'll talk about the minor options available with your major with your academic advisor. That's who will add them to your program and figure out which ones will work with your degree.

Again, it looks like on minor wont equal 30 credits. Am I reading that right?

Once again I said you would need MULTIPLE minors as they are only 30 credits.
(01-17-2022, 11:56 AM)ss20ts Wrote:
(01-17-2022, 11:13 AM)acethroughcollege Wrote:
(01-13-2022, 04:20 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(01-13-2022, 04:08 PM)acethroughcollege Wrote: From the responses on this thread it looks like the best route might be the BA Accounting with the minors to get the credits.
Do I remember correctly that I should talk to them about getting a minor after enrollment?

Yes, once you're enrolled you'll talk about the minor options available with your major with your academic advisor. That's who will add them to your program and figure out which ones will work with your degree.

Again, it looks like on minor wont equal 30 credits. Am I reading that right?

Once again I said you would need MULTIPLE minors as they are only 30 credits.
Ahhhhhh thank you!!!!! I missed that some how.

By the way what are your career goals? I notice you just completed another degree?
CLEP - 7 Courses, Study.com - 11 Courses, Sophia - 15 Courses, CSM Learn, INSTANTCERT - Spanish I, Coursera - Google Data Analytics Certificate.

UMPI Double major BA Accounting, BABA Project Management. 2023

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
(01-20-2022, 02:47 PM)acethroughcollege Wrote: Ahhhhhh thank you!!!!! I missed that some how.

By the way what are your career goals? I notice you just completed another degree?

I'm going into project management.
(01-20-2022, 03:32 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(01-20-2022, 02:47 PM)acethroughcollege Wrote: Ahhhhhh thank you!!!!! I missed that some how.

I'm going into project management.

What minors would go with the accounting program?
I really wanted to do the accounting major and project management program. Is that possible?
CLEP - 7 Courses, Study.com - 11 Courses, Sophia - 15 Courses, CSM Learn, INSTANTCERT - Spanish I, Coursera - Google Data Analytics Certificate.

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
(02-13-2022, 07:28 PM)acethroughcollege Wrote: What minors would go with the accounting program?
I really wanted to do the accounting major and project management program. Is that possible?

Which accounting degree? There are 3 options:

BA in Accounting
BA in Business Administration with Accounting Concentration
BLS with Accounting Minor

BLS is a piece of cake to add several minors to. If you're doing the BA in Accounting then you just ask your advisor to add whichever minors you want. With the BABA adding any minors doesn't work for most of them because you need to complete 9 credits in the minor that aren't required for the major. 

You say the accounting major and project management program but what specifically are you talking about? The BA in Accounting and the PM Minor or Concentration?
(02-14-2022, 10:23 AM)ss20ts Wrote:
(02-13-2022, 07:28 PM)acethroughcollege Wrote: What minors would go with the accounting program?

Which accounting degree? There are 3 options:

BA in Accounting
BA in Business Administration with Accounting Concentration
BLS with Accounting Minor

BLS is a piece of cake to add several minors to. If you're doing the BA in Accounting then you just ask your advisor to add whichever minors you want. With the BABA adding any minors doesn't work for most of them because you need to complete 9 credits in the minor that aren't required for the major. 

You say the accounting major and project management program but what specifically are you talking about? The BA in Accounting and the PM Minor or Concentration?
It’s the BA accounting. At what point do I add the minors? After admissions? 

Also how much longer would it take to do two majors vs. a major+minor?

I’m thinking about the BA accounting+BABA project management concentration.

(02-14-2022, 10:35 AM)acethroughcollege Wrote: It’s the BA accounting. At what point do I add the minors? After admissions? 

You add the minors once you're enrolled. You'll have a meeting with your advisor who will email you your degree audit. You let them know you want to add on minors or additional degrees. 

There's no way to say how long it will take you to complete 2 majors vs a major and a minor. We all have different experiences, knowledge, and time to work on classes. 

Have you already taken classes to transfer? If not you can easily complete 60 credits at UMPI with just the BA in Accounting.
(02-14-2022, 11:08 AM)ss20ts Wrote:
(02-14-2022, 10:35 AM)acethroughcollege Wrote: It’s the BA accounting. At what point do I add the minors? After admissions? 

You add the minors once you're enrolled. You'll have a meeting with your advisor who will email you your degree audit. You let them know you want to add on minors or additional degrees. 

There's no way to say how long it will take you to complete 2 majors vs a major and a minor. We all have different experiences, knowledge, and time to work on classes. 

Have you already taken classes to transfer? If not you can easily complete 60 credits at UMPI with just the BA in Accounting.

True but that wont give me the 150 credits for the CPA.

(02-14-2022, 04:00 PM)acethroughcollege Wrote: True but that wont give me the 150 credits for the CPA.

You can do that with additional undergrad or grad courses. It depends on your state requirements. My state requires a specific number of grad credits in that 150. Lots of folks get a master's degree to sit for the CPA exam. Something to consider because in the job market you'd be competing against them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is a philosophy minor possible at UMPI? LevelUP 8 143 04-26-2024, 11:34 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Sophia Scores and Transferring to UMPI colonelcamp 7 291 04-25-2024, 10:27 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Inquiry Regarding Equivalent Classes for Remaining UMPI Requirements hicham78h 5 276 04-24-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Math GECs Sophia/UMPI colonelcamp 3 202 04-24-2024, 10:07 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Should I contact UMPI now or wait until I finish my GEC with Sophia then contact them JusW 3 185 04-22-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: JusW
  UMPI YourPace BLS w/ Management Minor Reference Plan valentvne 6 339 04-21-2024, 10:23 PM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  minimum age for UMPI students YourPace EducationSeeker 6 312 04-20-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: EducationSeeker
  Framed UMPI Diploma joshua27 31 6,660 04-19-2024, 03:01 PM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  New considering UMPI but…. manyoptions4me 55 5,507 04-16-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  UMPI BLS MISM VS Pierport then UMPI BAS k681 11 505 04-16-2024, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Hotdogman1