Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EC Final Cost
First of all, my apologies for starting a topic on something that has been talked about before and that is very basic for everyone, but as an international student there are things that I just don't understand because education system in my country is so different.

My original plan was to made the COSC BSBA but due to COSC recent changes i decide to move to EC.

EC is more expensive than COSC, and until a month ago I didn't care about paying more.

Now things changes, COVID, in one hand, drastically affect my business, i'm out of business up to 2021, and I don't know what will happen in 2021. In the other hand i can't go out of my country, my second source of income was abroad.

I am living off my savings and things are going well, but I can no longer spend the same way as before.

I advanced a lot thanks to Sophia, I look closer to my BSBA, but it is not clear to me how much I should pay once I have my full credits.

EC shows two options, the course option and the multi-source option

Course option request 12 credits with them so i think the mult-source option is cheaper

Then i must pay:

Admission Application Fee - 50$
Enrollment Fee - 1095$
Tuition - 7 credits * 510 per credit = 3570$
Student Service Annual Fee - 495$ per year (??)
Technology Fee - 20$ per credit and per exam (??)
Graduation Fee - 495$
Certificate Program - 0$

5725$ total??

The Student Service Annual Fee is "$495 x number of years of enrollment after the first year" i need to pay it if i enroll and finish in one term??

Technology fee is "$20 per course credit and per exam", this apply to the courses i complete with them?? or for all the courses i transfer?

Thanks in advance for your replies and feedback.
BSBA: 70% completed (84 credits of 120)
You are correct in that you would only pay the Student Service Annual Fee after the first year.
The tech fee applies to courses you take from them so: 7 cr (Info Lit, Cornerstone, Capstone) x $20
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homeschool College Guidance Counselor Mom to twin 18 yo boys

CsmLearn
Study: US History, Pres Skills, Enviro Sci, Ethics America, Intro CJ, Meteorology, Forensic Sci, Criminology
Sophia: Psych, Visual Comms, Sociology, Eff Teams, Mng Conflict,  Anc Greek, Art History 1, Intro to IT,
Intro to Bus, Engl Comp 1&2, Religion, Conflict Reso, College Algebra, US History 2
TEEX: Death Invest
Coopersmith: Stress Mgmt, Therapeutic, Drugs & Society, Sport & Exercise, Psych of Motivation, Pos Psych, Career Coun
Community College: Comp Info Syst, A+ Hardware, A+ Op Syst, Linux Op Syst, Networks, Switching & Routing, Networking, IT Security
Computer Certs: Comp Tia A+

Planning for (2) Bachelors: BSLS 

[-] The following 1 user Likes TwinMom's post:
  • cecilgambe7
(07-12-2020, 06:00 PM)TwinMom Wrote: You are correct in that you would only pay the Student Service Annual Fee after the first year.
The tech fee applies to courses you take from them so: 7 cr (Info Lit, Cornerstone, Capstone) x $20

Thank you for your reply, so based on it i will spend: 5350$

Confused

Plus study.com fee for remaing credits. I think it is a fair price, but at the worst moment.

Sadly i will reconsider COSC where everything is more complicated but also cheaper, i will not discard any choise now.
There is no way to get a cheaper tuition?
If you think 5k for a BS degree is expensive go to a B&M University.
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

[-] The following 1 user Likes Life Long Learning's post:
  • ss20ts
(07-14-2020, 12:43 AM)Kab Wrote: There is no way to get a cheaper tuition?

COSC is about 3K but now with the weird new requests you will spend more money, time and also energy by getting the non-ACE 30 credits...
Brandman/COSC is most likely the cheapest RA degree provider unless you can get it free with tuition assistance/reimbursement. There are programs out there that do offer tuition to employees - for me, I don't have the luxury yet... Brandman is competency based, COSC is test-out-able. If cost is an issue and Nationally Accreditation is an option for you, you may want to go with some of the schools that have DEAC accreditation (Ashworth/Penn Foster), they pretty much cost the same as Brandman/COSC.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • cecilgambe7
Thanks for the input.
I will hoard more EC credits and then I will keep an eye on Ex, COSC & Brandman. NA is not an option for me at the moment (unless is extremely cheap). I was hoping that existed a way to reduce tuition at EX....
(07-14-2020, 09:45 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Brandman/COSC is most likely the cheapest RA degree provider unless you can get it free with tuition assistance/reimbursement.  There are programs out there that do offer tuition to employees - for me, I don't have the luxury yet...  Brandman is competency based, COSC is test-out-able.   If cost is an issue and Nationally Accreditation is an option for you, you may want to go with some of the schools that have DEAC accreditation (Ashworth/Penn Foster), they pretty much cost the same as Brandman/COSC.

Everything was OK with COSC up to the moment they implement the 30 non-ACE credits rule, now they complicated everything a lot, specially for international students. I will see the way to fit the 30 credits in order to made it cheaper, if not i will pay for EC.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cecilgambe7's post:
  • FastTrackDegree
(07-14-2020, 05:14 PM)cecilgambe7 Wrote:
(07-14-2020, 09:45 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Brandman/COSC is most likely the cheapest RA degree provider unless you can get it free with tuition assistance/reimbursement.  There are programs out there that do offer tuition to employees - for me, I don't have the luxury yet...  Brandman is competency based, COSC is test-out-able.   If cost is an issue and Nationally Accreditation is an option for you, you may want to go with some of the schools that have DEAC accreditation (Ashworth/Penn Foster), they pretty much cost the same as Brandman/COSC.

Everything was OK with COSC up to the moment they implement the 30 non-ACE credits rule, now they complicated everything a lot, specially for international students. I will see the way to fit the 30 credits in order to made it cheaper, if not i will pay for EC.

I agree with you.
Do you think that for international students could be possible to make credits (or study) in another country and then bring this into COSC?
I understand that the NO ACE rule for 30 credits is to try to promote their own courses but is quite a barrier to jump.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kab's post:
  • cecilgambe7

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EU Degree Cost? NBM123 14 2,262 11-28-2022, 10:08 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC vs Excelsior cost homeschoolmom1 28 5,841 10-05-2019, 04:46 PM
Last Post: sanantone