Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ECE Human Resource Management
Is it doable with just IC? I read some posts about it but couldn't really find the answer. Please let me know. I don't have much time (test is on Wednesday) and I work full time (did I mention I have some kids and inlaws coming in as well eek: ).

Christa
BS Business - Excelsior College Summa Cum Laude
Started with 25 credits in March 2006. Tested out with CLEP, Dantes and Tecep.
ChristaKB Wrote:Is it doable with just IC? I read some posts about it but couldn't really find the answer. Please let me know. I don't have much time (test is on Wednesday) and I work full time (did I mention I have some kids and inlaws coming in as well eek: ).

Christa

Hi Christa,

I haven't taken ECE HRM exam myself (I took the DANTES version instead). However, I did a search of the forum for you, and found that at least three members have passed the ECE version of HRM using Instantcert as their study material (PriTyan, DanK, and Libartmgr). All three of those people received a grade B.

I hope that helps,
Snazzlefrag
My name is Rob

Total Credits: 142 (12 not used).
[SIZE=1]GPA: 4.0
[/SIZE]
I failed it using IC only, and I knew the material inside and out. It seems weird to me though as I didn't think it was too difficult when I was taking it. I think I may have mismarked or something as I passed 6 others. I am taking it again Thursday morning so we should find out if we passed it or not about the same time. Good Luck!
[SIZE="2"]Associates Degree, Aviation Maintenance Technology, Community College of the Air Force[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]Bachelors of Science, Liberal Studies Degree, Excelsior [/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]MBA Human Resource Management, California Coast University[/SIZE]
While snazzlefrag is eerily correct about the fact that I did pass ECE's HRM with a "B" after using InstantCert as my only study method, some clarification may be helpful. I have worked in a variety of small and large (Fortune 500) companies for quite a few years, so I probably have a fair knowledge about the subject of HRM due to my experience.

This is not to say that InstanCert was not a major factor in my passing the test; it most likely was. I just have no way of knowing what proportion of my final grade was due to InstantCert knowledge vs. experience. While I believe that InstanCert is all you will need to pass, I am not certain of it.
Thanks guys for all your wise words of wisdom. We'll put me on the list of IC only passers for HRM ECE. I passed with guess what????? a B!

Snaz, you were right on. DanK, I understand your statements. This is a very weird exam, you can know all the terms and still easily flunk because of the bad way the questions are asked (say what????). Hope you are doing better today!

Well, on to my two final exams, both TECEP, waiting for proctor approval (I guess that is a good sign, it could have been instantly refused, but it has been waiting for approval for over a week :eek: )..

IC, you rock!

(Oh, this was my first B, but I guess I'll go for the 3.99 GPA hilarious )

Christa
BS Business - Excelsior College Summa Cum Laude
Started with 25 credits in March 2006. Tested out with CLEP, Dantes and Tecep.
congrats with passing! =] good luck with your kids and in laws!!!
ChristaKB Wrote:Thanks guys for all your wise words of wisdom. We'll put me on the list of IC only passers for HRM ECE. I passed with guess what????? a B!

Well done Christa!
hilarious

We knew you could do it.
My name is Rob

Total Credits: 142 (12 not used).
[SIZE=1]GPA: 4.0
[/SIZE]
I got a C after cramming IC for only 6 hours and 3 hrs. of sleep.
steelers Wrote:I got a C after cramming IC for only 6 hours and 3 hrs. of sleep.

[SIZE="5"][COLOR="Blue"]EXCELLENT!!!
Now go take a nap - Big Grin [/COLOR][/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
steelers Wrote:I got a C after cramming IC for only 6 hours and 3 hrs. of sleep.

Wow! That's an incredible feat! Good for you!!

JoAnne Big Grin
BS - General Business - June 2007
Excelsior College

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Project Management Training: ENEB, Google or others? JPN 9 2,321 12-08-2023, 06:34 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  TECEP Operations Management colinsr 4 576 10-09-2023, 11:06 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  7 Time-Management Tips for Online College Students LevelUP 0 457 02-08-2023, 04:34 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Degree choices. BA Supply chain management vs BLS with an MIS minor Schlafen 12 994 01-31-2023, 12:06 AM
Last Post: IReallyNeedADegree
  Google Project Management: Professional Certificate midnite123 5 1,577 10-06-2022, 07:46 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Learning Management System Vle045 12 1,201 06-24-2022, 12:01 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Coming Soon: Free Diploma of HE in Tourism & Service Business Management (XAMK) sarahmac 0 951 06-23-2022, 05:58 AM
Last Post: sarahmac
  University of London offering 15% bursary for their MSc in Management programs nyvrem 5 842 05-26-2022, 01:10 PM
Last Post: freeloader
  Is it a good idea to step into cybersecurity domain after graduting from management? rishu 7 1,062 01-06-2022, 12:10 AM
  BSc Business & Management (Honors Top Up) £5,250 or less! bjcheung77 0 500 08-22-2021, 06:19 PM