Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ENC-102 TECEP
Good Evening, 

I am going to take the ENC-102 TECEP. I know you are allowed to use a writers handbook during the test and I have an older version of Hodges and Harbrace but MLA has changed since then. The test description lists recomended handbooks and says you can use the during the test.  The most convenient option listed is: Pudue Online Writing Lab. West Lafayette, IN: Purdue University, but this is online, so how would I be able to use it during the test?
They should allow you to open up a tab to use the online resource.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Midnightsky7
I used a very old Hodges book when I took the test - there was barely anything on there that required "new" MLA info. I don't think I ever looked at the book when I took the exam - it was pretty easy.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Midnightsky7
Midnightsky7 Wrote:Good Evening, 

I am going to take the ENC-102 TECEP. I know you are allowed to use a writers handbook during the test and I have an older version of Hodges and Harbrace but MLA has changed since then. The test description lists recomended handbooks and says you can use the during the test.  The most convenient option listed is: Pudue Online Writing Lab. West Lafayette, IN: Purdue University, but this is online, so how would I be able to use it during the test?

rachel83az Wrote:They should allow you to open up a tab to use the online resource.

Technically, you should be able to. I've had many exams with ProctorU, only one time I had to tell the proctor it was an open book exam and was rejected. It didn't matter to me as I rarely use the provided texts, I prepare for the exam enough that I really don't need it, but it's a good resource. You should be fine, if you get the Proctor to allow you to use it.

Having said that, you should always begin with the exam on ProctorU verifying with the Proctor that this is an open book exam. Sometimes they just go by the way they think is correct, as they may have had an exam earlier that was proctored without open book option. Sometimes they go through it without reading the instructions, I had one ask for my passport!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Midnightsky7
I emailed the test admin and they stated that I won’t be allowed to use it because it isn’t an online book. If thats the case, I honestly don’t understand why they have listed it as a recommended handbook that can be used during the exam in the test description. The could have listed it in the recommended study resources but they didn’t, I don’t see how thats my fault.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Technical Writing TECEP - My Experience PreLawCoastie 2 620 03-14-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: PreLawCoastie
  Public Speaking TECEP PreLawCoastie 0 167 02-27-2024, 07:23 AM
Last Post: PreLawCoastie
  TECEP FIN-3210 Security Analysis & Portfolio Management fmsoa 2 439 01-18-2024, 04:42 PM
Last Post: CFPhopeful
  TECEP Admissions/Rate my sanity PreLawCoastie 10 925 01-11-2024, 06:05 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Abnormal Psychology TECEP is now available on InstantCert! sgloer 0 270 01-04-2024, 12:27 PM
Last Post: sgloer
  Managerial Comm TECEP saraholson 7 1,590 12-15-2023, 01:23 PM
Last Post: Dosada
  TECEP Federal Income Taxation Kones 9 869 12-13-2023, 09:23 PM
Last Post: Kones
  Help - how to register for TECEP exam? Carnation 4 339 11-23-2023, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Carnation
  Learning in the Digital Age TECEP Avidreader 0 220 11-22-2023, 11:53 AM
Last Post: Avidreader
  TECEP Marketing Communications Avidreader 2 376 11-14-2023, 12:55 PM
Last Post: Avidreader