Thread Rating:
  • 24 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average
ENEB Master Thread
(11-17-2019, 10:34 PM)sanantone Wrote: Other countries don't accredit their schools like the U.S. does. I don't think there's another higher education system that depends on private accreditation organizations that are authorized by the country's department of education. Other countries typically grant a university degree-granting status directly.

This exactly, a lot of Americans fundamentally don't understand how the system works in Europe, not that there's any reason they should.  It's very normal in Europe for "colleges" (often privately owned and for profit) which are completely unaccredited by government to affiliate with universities which have government designated degree granting powers.  The college offers the program, the university grants the degree.  Anyone that's saying this is a scam because ENEB isn't accredited, don't know they're asking the wrong question.   That doesn't mean it's definitely not a scam, but the questions that should be asked are:
1) Is Universidad Isabel I authorised to grant degrees in Spain and therefore recognised internationally? and 
2) Do they have an ongoing agreement with ENEB to grant degrees based on their program?
Achieved
BSBA - GM: TESU
BSc(Hons) Politics: University of Plymouth
GradCert in Computing: London Metropolitan University
Prince2 Certified
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt

In Progress
Certificate in Technology Leadership: Cornell University (free through employer)

Planned
Master in Public Administration: Marconi University
Certificate in Accounting: Cornell University
(11-18-2019, 07:39 AM)Leedeedee Wrote: 1) Is Universidad Isabel I authorised to grant degrees in Spain and therefore recognised internationally?  and 
2) Do they have an ongoing agreement with ENEB to grant degrees based on their program?

These things have already been discussed in this thread.
CPA (WA), CFA Level III Candidate

Currently pursuing: ALM, Data Science - Harvard University, Cambridge, MA (12/48, on hold for CFA/life commitments)
MBA, Finance/Accounting - Indiana University, Bloomington, IN, 2015
BSBA, General Management - Thomas Edison State College, Trenton, NJ, 2012

This school...

https://barcelona.euruni.edu/

is not this...

https://eneb.com/
(11-18-2019, 10:59 AM)eriehiker Wrote: This school...

https://barcelona.euruni.edu/

is not this...

https://eneb.com/

My mistake. Neither is a recognized school. I don't know how I would feel about having an unrecognized school mentioned on my diploma. That would be like having Straighterline on my TESU diploma and listed at the top of my transcript.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 1 user Likes sanantone's post:
  • jsd
@Yanji i'm not sure this one is totally clear:
1) Is Universidad Isabel I authorised to grant degrees in Spain and therefore recognised internationally?

As far as I can gather, we only know Isabel is a university, not if it's actually recognized internationally should you need to use this master as credential. And there are much more readers on this forum than "contributors", I think we should be careful about promoting this groupon, I for one do not want to encourage schools that swing on the grey line of accreditations, and I would edit the first post to say Unaccredited degree if it is the case.
WGU MS ITM, 2021.
TESU BACS, 2020.
TESU BSBA, 2018.
TESU ASNSM in Computer Science, 2018.
----
UPenn MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing, see story here).
NAU MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing)
----
[-] The following 2 users Like posabsolute's post:
  • jsd, Leedeedee
Good news though is that if you use this degree in Africa, they are less likely to be as skeptical as people here were.

Bachelor of Science: Liberal Arts from Excelsior
Completion by Dec 2019

AP: US History(6), Spanish Language (8), Spanish Literature (9), Macroeconomics (3) - 26/120
1 Year of UC education (21) - 47/120
Misc community college Italian(10), Spanish (10) - (28) - 75/120
CLEP: College Algebra(3) - 78/120
Davar Info Lit (3) - 81/120
Uexcel Bus Ethics (3) - 84/120
ACTFL OPI Portuguese (9ll) - 93/120
ACTFL WPT Spanish (1UL) - 94/120 (lol I got a total of 28 spanish credits on my transcript)
EXcelsior Courses all UL: Bus 425(3), Bus 435(3), Bus 351(3), Bus 480(3), His 353(3), His 350(3), Pol 353(3) - 115/120

In progress:
Study.com - Eng 303(3UL), His 306(3UL)
Excelsior: Liberal Arts Capstone

PM Me for Current Study.com referral codes.

I'm still not entirely convinced, but this helps:

http://srv.aneca.es/ListadoTitulos/en/node/1191835579

https://www.educacion.gob.es/ruct/estudi...l=estudios

Universidad Isabel I programs appear to be recognized by ANECA and the ministry of science.
[-] The following 2 users Like Zed's post:
  • collegecareerstudent, Leedeedee
(11-18-2019, 12:25 PM)posabsolute Wrote: @Yanji i'm not sure this one is totally clear:
1) Is Universidad Isabel I authorised to grant degrees in Spain and therefore recognised internationally?

As far as I can gather, we only know Isabel is a university, not if it's actually recognized internationally should you need to use this master as credential. And there are much more readers on this forum than "contributors", I think we should be careful about promoting this groupon, I for one do not want to encourage schools that swing on the grey line of accreditations, and I would edit the first post to say Unaccredited degree if it is the case.

They are listed on the accreditation databases of the governments of Castile and Leon and Spain. They have been in serious disputes with the local accreditor (ACSUCYL) over their practices and had accreditation for one of their programs yanked due to over-enrollment without sufficient faculty to teach students. This is one of the reasons I originally said they are accredited, but questionable. Also, many of the degree subjects ENEB purports to offer are not listed as accredited degrees or subjects on the government databases. Again, covered in my first post in this thread.
CPA (WA), CFA Level III Candidate

Currently pursuing: ALM, Data Science - Harvard University, Cambridge, MA (12/48, on hold for CFA/life commitments)
MBA, Finance/Accounting - Indiana University, Bloomington, IN, 2015
BSBA, General Management - Thomas Edison State College, Trenton, NJ, 2012

Thanks for the recap, that makes “sense” I guess

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
WGU MS ITM, 2021.
TESU BACS, 2020.
TESU BSBA, 2018.
TESU ASNSM in Computer Science, 2018.
----
UPenn MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing, see story here).
NAU MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing)
----
Lots of opportunity cost in time for a degree that would look quite weird in your record of accomplishments. For example, if I look at the resume of someone who went to University of Phoenix, I don't particularly judge the school that they went to. What stands out to me, is that the person put in the time investment to get a degree from there. It just seems like something that a person with a low IQ would do.

But in this case I don't know. It's only $300, and it's a Masters program. It could maybe be used for the better from people who are not sure of what it is that they are seeing. If I'm not familiar with the school, I would just assume that the program is from some random European university. It's a tough decision to go forward with it, because of the time investment, but who knows? It could be used for a promotion of some sorts if you play it right because Universidad Isabel I doesn't sound too bad unless you check up on it and do research?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stoic's post:
  • eriehiker

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ENEB for FIS Lorvey 0 87 8 hours ago
Last Post: Lorvey
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 279 Yesterday, 11:03 PM
Last Post: armado
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB, Walden, etc) ashkir 24 21,076 Yesterday, 01:03 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Has anyone tried recognizing ENEB/UC1 or UoPeople degrees in Australia? ecdw94 4 313 03-25-2024, 09:06 PM
  ENEB - exams MCDL 108 13,008 03-21-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: Wowbagger
  Recognition of Execute Master Lorvey 10 484 03-19-2024, 02:31 AM
  Master of Public Administration BSBRose21 9 1,513 03-18-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Leedeedee
  Cheapest/Easiest Master's? Hellenic, WGU, UMPi? mohelena02 19 1,615 03-18-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  South College Developing CBE Master's in Criminal Justice Jonathan Whatley 2 199 03-18-2024, 03:29 AM
  Troy University Master's - $250/credit for military PreLawCoastie 11 546 03-11-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Duneranger