Thread Rating:
  • 25 Vote(s) - 3.88 Average
ENEB Master Thread
(05-15-2021, 06:48 PM)sanantone Wrote:
(05-15-2021, 06:01 PM)Thorne Wrote:
(05-15-2021, 03:17 PM)cacoleman1983 Wrote: That is a similar message to what i received from Foundation for International Services.  They don't want to answer your question without a pre-evaluation but since I came with a lot of research on Master propio as well as other evaluations received from different evaluation companies, IEE gave me the likelihood of it being evaluated as a Graduate Certificate.  Ironically,   every evaluation that comes out less than a Masters is considered accredited but once it is evaluated as a Masters it is non-accredited or unrecognized.  In theory, this is likely why they are offering MCA Business School validation so that they can attempt to top off ENEB as an accredited Masters since state-authorized school degrees are considered official and the certification of their courses through Isabel I cannot grant an official Masters.   If some of the evaluators accept validation degrees, it is essentially possible that they could equate it to a accredited Masters or something practically equivalent with a halfhearted explanation like "Masters degree from a non-accredited institution authorized to award degrees with recommendation of transferable credits due to certification by a regionally accredited school."

I'm curious when they'll set up a validation agreement with a DEAC school in the US for a $500 or so fee per program. Expensive, sure, but many of the DEAC schools would love to get easy money and only need to validate a program

We don't have that type of system in the U.S.

Regionally accredited SNHU does something very similar to this right now with their partnership with Kepler: https://www.kepler.org/
BS, Information Systems concentration, Charter Oak State College
MA in Educational Technology Leadership, George Washington University
18 doctoral level semester-hours in Business Administration, Baker College
In progress: EdD in Educational Leadership, Manhattanville College

More at https://stevefoerster.com
[-] The following 1 user Likes SteveFoerster's post:
  • Thorne
(05-20-2021, 10:55 AM)SteveFoerster Wrote:
(05-15-2021, 06:48 PM)sanantone Wrote:
(05-15-2021, 06:01 PM)Thorne Wrote:
(05-15-2021, 03:17 PM)cacoleman1983 Wrote: That is a similar message to what i received from Foundation for International Services.  They don't want to answer your question without a pre-evaluation but since I came with a lot of research on Master propio as well as other evaluations received from different evaluation companies, IEE gave me the likelihood of it being evaluated as a Graduate Certificate.  Ironically,   every evaluation that comes out less than a Masters is considered accredited but once it is evaluated as a Masters it is non-accredited or unrecognized.  In theory, this is likely why they are offering MCA Business School validation so that they can attempt to top off ENEB as an accredited Masters since state-authorized school degrees are considered official and the certification of their courses through Isabel I cannot grant an official Masters.   If some of the evaluators accept validation degrees, it is essentially possible that they could equate it to a accredited Masters or something practically equivalent with a halfhearted explanation like "Masters degree from a non-accredited institution authorized to award degrees with recommendation of transferable credits due to certification by a regionally accredited school."

I'm curious when they'll set up a validation agreement with a DEAC school in the US for a $500 or so fee per program. Expensive, sure, but many of the DEAC schools would love to get easy money and only need to validate a program

We don't have that type of system in the U.S.

Regionally accredited SNHU does something very similar to this right now with their partnership with Kepler: https://www.kepler.org/
These students are taking SNHU courses and earning SNHU degrees. Kepler is just offering additional support services.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
I've distilled the contents of this thread down to a single wiki page so that people don't have to wade through 75 pages of this stuff: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/ENEB

Please let me know if there is anything that needs to be corrected, expanded upon, or that I missed.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 5 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • cacoleman1983, collegecareerstudent, DeanLewis, eLearner, ROYISAGIRL
I was going to make a joke asking how you managed to distill the back and forth arguing into a single wiki page, but I couldn't come up with the right premise. Smile
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
[-] The following 1 user Likes Flelm's post:
  • rachel83az
(06-14-2021, 10:32 AM)Flelm Wrote: I was going to make a joke asking how you managed to distill the back and forth arguing into a single wiki page, but I couldn't come up with the right premise. Smile

I actually did try to fairly portray the back-and-forth as much as I could! There have been some legitimate concerns raised about why ENEB is possibly a poor choice and I included those concerns so that people would be able to decide for themselves whether or not it's worth the time/money to invest in ENEB or if they'd be better off going elsewhere.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
I actually just impulse-bought this because there's a 20% off coupon code right now. I'm treating this as a graduate-level certificate that I might be able to transfer into Walden.
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
[-] The following 3 users Like Flelm's post:
  • collegecareerstudent, rachel83az, Vle045
(06-14-2021, 10:55 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(06-14-2021, 10:32 AM)Flelm Wrote: I was going to make a joke asking how you managed to distill the back and forth arguing into a single wiki page, but I couldn't come up with the right premise. Smile

I actually did try to fairly portray the back-and-forth as much as I could! There have been some legitimate concerns raised about why ENEB is possibly a poor choice and I included those concerns so that people would be able to decide for themselves whether or not it's worth the time/money to invest in ENEB or if they'd be better off going elsewhere.

I doubt Amberton would accept these credits for any of their degrees, including the MA Professional Development.  They are generous with the 12 graduate credits, but they are very particular about them meeting their criteria for acceptance.  Amberton will only accept 3 credit courses (4 courses x 3 graduate credits = 12). If you have any 4 credit graduate courses (such as a science w/lab) you'd be out of luck.  I also believe they only expect RA credits for transfer.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(06-14-2021, 12:07 PM)allvia Wrote:
(06-14-2021, 10:55 AM)rachel83az Wrote:

I doubt Amberton would accept these credits for any of their degrees, including the MA Professional Development.  They are generous with the 12 graduate credits, but they are very particular about them meeting their criteria for acceptance.  Amberton will only accept 3 credit courses (4 courses x 3 graduate credits = 12). If you have any 4 credit graduate courses (such as a science w/lab) you'd be out of luck.  I also believe they only expect RA credits for transfer.

That's a shame! But I suppose it's to be expected. Graduate credits don't transfer well in general.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
When you're done, how are you going to list it on your resume?

ENEB?

or

University Isabel I de Castilla?

or alternate....

I'm on the fence on taking these classes but if I decide to, I'm leaning on listing it as University Isabel I de Castilla. Since you get two degrees, one from ENEB and one from Isabel, I figure that will be fine but I'd like some feedback to what others are planning to do in this situation.
Current Degree Programs:
MA in Social Science (conc. Sociology) - GSU - May 2025
Up Next 
Ph.D in Change Leadership in Equity and Inclusion  - UCA
Finished Degrees and Certificates: 
AAS Board of Governors - Pierpont Community & Technical College  8/2021
AS Business Administration (cum laude) -  Franklin University 9/2022
Grant Writing Certificate- Fort Hays State University - 11/2022
BS Social Science (cum laude) - Franklin University 12/2022

(06-14-2021, 02:48 PM)TINASAM Wrote: When you're done, how are you going to list it on your resume?

ENEB?

or

University Isabel I de Castilla?

or alternate....

I'm on the fence on taking these classes but if I decide to, I'm leaning on listing it as University Isabel I de Castilla. Since you get two degrees, one from ENEB and one from Isabel, I figure that will be fine but I'd like some feedback to what others are planning to do in this situation.
Because of the dual award, I find it acceptable to list one or the other. I have also seen some list them both in a single line. It's important to note that ECE evaluated it as an Isabel credential and that was based on Isabel's issuance of it's own signed, dated, and official seal stamped degree document.
[-] The following 1 user Likes eLearner's post:
  • TINASAM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  American College of Education - Master's ashkir 6 350 04-26-2024, 01:39 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB, Walden, etc) ashkir 31 25,817 04-25-2024, 08:38 AM
Last Post: ashkir
  Help with ENEB David1477 6 492 04-23-2024, 03:01 PM
Last Post: hsufeng
  Has anyone tried recognizing ENEB/UC1 or UoPeople degrees in Australia? ecdw94 11 1,151 04-23-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: hsufeng
  ENEB to UK top up masters possible? Atoshi 1 214 04-23-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Master degrees hicham78h 1 316 04-23-2024, 02:11 AM
  ENEB FOR € 30 bjcheung77 33 2,444 04-20-2024, 05:20 PM
  ENEB - exams MCDL 118 15,669 04-15-2024, 01:19 AM
Last Post: karehiro
  Opinions on Master's International University of Divinity isaachunter 19 6,284 04-14-2024, 07:55 AM
Last Post: isaachunter
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 33 7,490 04-04-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: collegecareerstudent