Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EU Business Degree Courses
Can anyone tell me for certain what EU will accept. I have read many conflicting things, so I'm just trying to find confirmation on courses for their Business Degree. 
  • Will they accept Intro to Ethics from Sophia or does it need to be a Business Ethics course (e.g. Business 108: Business Ethics from Study)?
  • Will they accept Composition II or does it need to be a Business Writing course (e.g. Coopersmith Eng 102: Business Writing)?
[-] The following 1 user Likes NBM123's post:
  • MrsVee
(09-12-2022, 12:10 PM)NBM123 Wrote: Can anyone tell me for certain what EU will accept. I have read many conflicting things, so I'm just trying to find confirmation on courses for their Business Degree. 
  • Will they accept Intro to Ethics from Sophia or does it need to be a Business Ethics course (e.g. Business 108: Business Ethics from Study)?
  • Will they accept Composition II or does it need to be a Business Writing course (e.g. Coopersmith Eng 102: Business Writing)?
  • You would have to talk to your EU advisor to get an official OK for what will transfer.

But in my experience, I transferred in Study.com Bus 318 Management Ethics to fulfill my ethics req.

It was fairly straightforward and worked well for me and my degree plan. I vaguely remember them saying that an intro ethics would not count for me, but that may be because I only needed UL credits.

The EU/Study.com transfer list seems to work really well, I have picked off of that and used it to great effect so far. I am still waiting for it to be officially transferred though, SDC emails transcripts quickly, but its taking awhile for the paper copy to get to EU.
    How Sophia's courses transfer to EU:

https://excelsior.sophia.org/#courses

How Study's courses transfer to EU:

https://study.com/college/school/excelsior-college.html
    [-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
      • SCYankee
    The Sophia page isn't 100% accurate because they DO have different requirements for different degrees. It seems that, for business, specific Business Ethics is required. Other students have mentioned this.
    In progress:
    TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
    Pierpont - AAS BOG
    Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
    ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
    Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
    And furthermore, the only "person or team" who has a final say is the Advisor or Registrar at the school you're planning to graduate from, even though many people on DegreeForum is "certain" of a few things, the Advisor places your courses into a preplanned approval in the academic evaluation, when graduation time comes, the Registrar does their final audits for graduation. Email your advisor for the final break down on acceptance of any courses remaining...
    In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
    Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
    Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
    Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
    ~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
    Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
    They wont me speak to an advisor until i sign up for a course. Not ready to do that just yet

Possibly Related Threads...
    Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
      Bachelors of Science in Business BigJohn1975 8 252 03-26-2024, 01:41 PM
    Last Post: rachel83az
      Transfer 113 to BS in Business (General Business Concentration) mcvjones 3 268 03-15-2024, 03:15 AM
    Last Post: rachel83az
      Degree Planning Advice For Research (Upper Level) Credit Dnightowl 4 507 01-30-2024, 10:46 PM
    Last Post: bjcheung77
      Working towards BPS Business GameSlinger 17 2,062 08-09-2023, 12:05 AM
    Last Post: GameSlinger
      Need to know what UL credits will work for Liberal Arts degree AnyName 20 3,170 06-25-2023, 11:56 PM
    Last Post: Kab
      OTmina - Excelsior Degree Plan OTmina 28 4,074 05-16-2023, 04:20 PM
    Last Post: OTmina
      upper level business credits at EC MCJ 10 3,066 03-22-2023, 07:52 AM
    Last Post: MCJ
      Excelsior University BS in Business - General/Need Help NewStudent101 5 1,425 03-10-2023, 07:10 PM
      Excelsior BS Criminal Justice degree plan new2this 4 814 03-01-2023, 01:32 PM
      Would not accept any Sophia courses BigJohn1975 4 1,362 02-21-2023, 01:04 PM
    Last Post: dfrecore