Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 11 Upgrade Requirements!
Just checked that next month, October 5 2021 should be the release date for Windows 11... there are new features and requirements for an upgrade.  Mostly newer systems would be fine and should update without a hitch, unless you're using some processors that may not be on the supported list...  I looked at the hardware requirements and NONE of my computers processors are on the list!  My computers however weren't on the Windows 10 list either,  and it didn't have much requirements compared to now...  

Processor: Windows Processor Requirements | Microsoft Docs
Windows 11 Specs: Windows 11 Specs and System Requirements | Microsoft
Windows Editions: Compare Windows 11 Home vs Pro Versions | Microsoft

I wonder if I should upgrade or not... I was able to upgrade my old Dell Laptop that was on a Core 2 Duo to Windows 10, still runs pretty well... I will leave older systems like that alone, but will update my Acer Laptop and newer Dell Laptop.  I had a little peek at Windows 11 and the previews look promising, I am thinking of upgrading the systems that can and leaving the ones that can't alone...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
You could make a hard drive partition and install Windows 11 only on the partition.  Change your boot sequence to the new partition and see if you like it.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
Initial reports are Windows 11 works well with newer Intel chipsets, but not so well with AMD Ryzen CPU's. Users are reporting their computers are running up to 20% slower. Both of my PC's are rocking Ryzen chips so I will wait to see how this plays out.  MS is aware of the problem and is desperately trying to come up with a patch before this thing blows up in their faces.

Also I heard that when upgrading to Windows 11, it's more that just an upgrade...you have to enter a lot of personal info. Microsoft is notorious for wanting way too much info anyway (that they probably sell). Is there anybody here who recently updated that can confirm this rumor?
WGU MBA 2022
WGU BSBA IT Management 2021
I'm done with school for a while. Time to go make some $ now!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - $25 bjcheung77 0 396 11-11-2023, 01:37 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Windows 11 Home Upgrade - Pretty Good bjcheung77 3 881 03-06-2022, 06:05 PM
Last Post: jsd
  The Fastest Way to Upgrade Your Lifestyle (In Uncertain Times) Kal Di 6 834 02-03-2022, 06:08 PM
Last Post: Kal Di
  Macrium Reflect 7 freebie (and paid version with free upgrade to 8) bjcheung77 0 932 04-16-2021, 08:29 PM
  Today's the last day to get your WINDOWS 10 upgrade FREE! Get it by Midnight! bjcheung77 2 975 07-29-2016, 07:35 PM
  To Upgrade or not? traveler 10 1,823 07-09-2016, 12:54 PM
Last Post: traveler
  Windows 10 Free Prloko 3 1,034 09-17-2015, 04:35 PM
Last Post: Exfactor
  What licensing and education requirements exist in opening an adoption agency? soliloquy 2 1,097 08-13-2015, 08:49 AM
Last Post: AngelaP