Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easiest/Fastest SDC and SL Courses List?
I keep seeing mentions of SDC and SL courses that people have knocked out in a few days or less.

One of my purposes in getting a degree is simply to learn more about various topics, so I'm not going to select a bunch of irrelevant elective courses just because they are fast and easy. However, if choosing between one communication or business course and another, this info could be one important factor.

Is there a list anywhere of which SDC and SL courses people view as the easiest? Maybe broken down by LL and UL?

Or, if not, is there a way to start such a list and make it a sticky (if other users agree on its usefulness)?

Thanks.
Working towards:
  • BS Entrepreneurship @ Franklin U or BA Human Relations & Business @ Amberton U
Exams/Courses Taken (99 Credits)
  • CLEP (36) - English Comp, Natural Science, College Math, Principles of Mgmt, Intro Marketing, Intro Sociology, Analyzing & Interpreting Lit, Intro to Educational Psychology, Human Growth & Dev 
  • DSST (12) - Principles of Supervision, Intro to Business, Human Resources Mgmt, Organizational Behavior
  • Sophia Learning (51) - Developing Effective Teams, Student Success, Essentials of Managing Conflict, Conflict Resolution, Intro to Ethics, Visual Communication, Intro to Psychology, Public Speaking, Intro to Info Tech, Accounting, Statistics, Algebra, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Communication at Work, Principles of Finance, Business Law, US History 1&2
  • Study.com - Coming soon...
The shortest/quickest stand alone courses on SDC that I know of are:

Library science 101: information literacy
History 108: history of the Vietnam war
Communications 120: presentation skills in the workplace

Take note that probably the vast majority of courses on SDC and SL are doable within 1 week if someone dedicates sufficient time and applies themselves and some courses(especially on SDC) build off of each other, shortening if you take them sequentially or come in with prior knowledge.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 1 user Likes MNomadic's post:
  • SCYankee
Thanks for the insight. I had heard of the library skills course.

"probably the vast majority of courses on SDC and SL are doable within 1 week if someone dedicates sufficient time..."

How much time, on average?  
Working towards:
  • BS Entrepreneurship @ Franklin U or BA Human Relations & Business @ Amberton U
  • CLEP (36) - English Comp, Natural Science, College Math, Principles of Mgmt, Intro Marketing, Intro Sociology, Analyzing & Interpreting Lit, Intro to Educational Psychology, Human Growth & Dev 
  • DSST (12) - Principles of Supervision, Intro to Business, Human Resources Mgmt, Organizational Behavior
  • Sophia Learning (51) - Developing Effective Teams, Student Success, Essentials of Managing Conflict, Conflict Resolution, Intro to Ethics, Visual Communication, Intro to Psychology, Public Speaking, Intro to Info Tech, Accounting, Statistics, Algebra, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Communication at Work, Principles of Finance, Business Law, US History 1&2
I found World Religion, Civ I and II to all three be pretty quick to get through. I did all three in about a 3 day span but would have been quicker if I could have dedicated more time to them.
BALS Social Sciences - TESU 2020
ASNSM Computer Science - TESU 2020
[-] The following 1 user Likes darthweezy's post:
  • SCYankee
(06-20-2019, 12:20 AM)SCYankee Wrote: Thanks for the insight. I had heard of the library skills course.

"probably the vast majority of courses on SDC and SL are doable within 1 week if someone dedicates sufficient time..."

How much time, on average?  

I couldn't say an average. *Some* people can complete *some* of the easier courses within a day or 2. Other courses will take some people longer. I would probably say most of the easier ones that don't have papers and projects should be doable in 40-60 hours but many people will be able to move significantly faster, especially if they have prior knowledge or are a fast reader/learner.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
(06-20-2019, 01:09 PM)darthweezy Wrote: I found World Religion, Civ I and II to all three be pretty quick to get through.  I did all three in about a 3 day span but would have been quicker if I could have dedicated more time to them.

So that means you only did these three SDC courses that month, right? Because you can only complete up to three per month?

@MNomadic

40-60 hours? Okay, I guess I'd have to grab a month at some point soon, just to try out a couple courses and see what kind of work they translate into for me.

Thanks.
Working towards:
(06-20-2019, 03:33 PM)SCYankee Wrote:
(06-20-2019, 01:09 PM)darthweezy Wrote: I found World Religion, Civ I and II to all three be pretty quick to get through.  I did all three in about a 3 day span but would have been quicker if I could have dedicated more time to them.

So that means you only did these three SDC courses that month, right? Because you can only complete up to three per month?

@MNomadic

40-60 hours? Okay, I guess I'd have to grab a month at some point soon, just to try out a couple courses and see what kind of work they translate into for me.

Thanks.

I only did those three because those were the ones I was wanting at the time.  I'm not aware of a rule that says you can only do three courses in one month.  Unless something has changed I believe you can do as many as you want in a month.  I did read where some people have said recently that Study.com has a rule of only 5 courses (final exam actually) in one month.
BALS Social Sciences - TESU 2020
ASNSM Computer Science - TESU 2020
StraighterLine courses (Mainly Business) have open book final exams, some of their other courses have open book finals as well. Each of these can be done in 1 day if you put the effort into it. Link: https://www.straighterline.com/how-it-wo...g-details/

For Study.com, the recommended 3 above are fast, and there are other UL courses that can be done pretty quickly as well. Example, if you're going to do the History 108, do the corresponding History 308 UL. I would skim through the courses that you have interest in, view the amount of lessons, and assignments. Some courses you are familiar with will also go fast. I have completed UL courses in 1 day and took the final right after, then did the assignments.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I found I was able to get through StraighterLine courses much faster than Study.com. Study.com is tedious (for me) with all the quizzes. I think StraighterLine is more forward and as BJ mentions, they have a lot of open book finals which helped me a lot. I was able to get through 2-3 classes each weekend using SL but I spent the weekend doing them.
Amberton University, MS Human Relations & Business
Started June 2022

TESU BALS completed March 2020
Study.com (24) StraighterLine (33) Sophia (10) SHU and GCU (26) TEEX (6) Coopersmith (12) CSMLearn (3) TESU (6)
[-] The following 1 user Likes suzycupcake's post:
  • SCYankee
I thought SL was torturously slow and never ended up finishing either of the courses I started.

For Study.com, you are now limited to 5 final exams a month.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • Muldoon, SCYankee

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 7 385 03-23-2024, 03:16 AM
Last Post: Kab
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,746 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 7 6,801 03-16-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,400 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 6 547 03-03-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
Photo TADA Tier List of Certificates LevelUP 13 2,049 02-23-2024, 10:05 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 969 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
Thumbs Up Sophia Review: Finished 6 Courses in 1 Week Ares 11 1,812 02-11-2024, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  Equivalents for Old SNHU Gen Ed Courses Spalmer 6 537 02-11-2024, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Spalmer
  SeeMore courses other than CSM (or: has anyone transferred a non-ACE/NCCRS course?) vaticidalprophet 5 309 01-24-2024, 01:58 PM