Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eastern Gateway Community College
(07-06-2021, 09:39 PM)Vle045 Wrote: My husband just learned about this.  He is not currently in the union, but he *can* join.  Now that he is management, I guess it is optional.  So just out of curiosity, will they also cover a second bachelor’s degree???   It could also be a good option if our son is still not too interested in college.  I am still hoping that he will choose *some* type of degree, even if it’s some general “check the box” type degree.   (He’s only 14 so we still have time.  LOL)
They do have a bachelor's degree program, but you will have to look into the details. It involves completing your associates at Eastern gateway and then transferring to a specific Ohio college whose name I forget. During covid, it was possible to do the bachelor's degree for free, but I'm not sure if that is still the case. It might just be a tuition discount for your Junior and senior years now. Last time I checked, there were three bachelors degrees being offered: business, early childhood education, and criminal justice.
Central State is the university. https://www.unionplus.org/benefits/educa...on-program
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Vle045
It’s a great benefit for union members. My husband also did not finish his degree, but at this point, he doesn’t really seem interested in finishing it. I think he should so he can get an leg up for future promotions, but who knows. his job is high stress and third shift.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
(07-07-2021, 01:35 PM)Vle045 Wrote: It’s a great benefit for union members.  My husband also did not finish his degree, but at this point, he doesn’t really seem interested in finishing it.  I think he should so he can get an leg up for future promotions, but who knows.  his job is high stress and third shift.

A degree could mean a different job and no more third shift. My husband is finishing his bachelor's degree for a promotion at work. Once he's done, he's getting a pretty good promotion and then he'll get a trip to Disney as his graduation gift from me. He wants to go to the Star Wars park....I want to go to an air conditioned hotel room. LOL
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • Vle045
(07-07-2021, 12:04 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Central State is the university. https://www.unionplus.org/benefits/educa...on-program
it's great to see that the bachelor's degree is still free and that they have added interdisciplinary studies as a major. That should make it a good fit for people who already have random credits, enabling them to complete their associates degree more quickly before transferring to Central State.
 And if they have random UL credits, all the better! I know that Central State participates in ACE, and I believe it also participates in nccrs. Eastern gateway also participates in ACE.
Eastern Gateway accepted none of my ACE credits and I had 50 Sophia credits at the time.

On April 16th of this year, Michael Conrad specifically told me that at this time Sophia Credits were not taken there. I still have the email.
Current Degree Programs:
MA in Social Science (conc. Sociology) - GSU - May 2025
Up Next 
Ph.D in Change Leadership in Equity and Inclusion  - UCA
Finished Degrees and Certificates: 
AAS Board of Governors - Pierpont Community & Technical College  8/2021
AS Business Administration (cum laude) -  Franklin University 9/2022
Grant Writing Certificate- Fort Hays State University - 11/2022
BS Social Science (cum laude) - Franklin University 12/2022

(07-08-2021, 08:30 AM)TINASAM Wrote: Eastern Gateway accepted none of my ACE credits and I had 50 Sophia credits at the time.

On April 16th of this year, Michael Conrad specifically told me that at this time Sophia Credits were not taken there. I still have the email.

They are listed as an ACE-accepting institution. But that doesn't mean they accept all ACE credits. Maybe they have a specific prejudice against Sophia, or they focus on military-related ACE credits. This is true with many institutions. They accept some kinds of ACE but not others.
[-] The following 1 user Likes wow's post:
  • ss20ts
I have a friend who was able to have the free Sophia 1cr courses transferred to EGCC. I'll see if I can get more information form him about how they came in (I'm assuming just free elective)
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
(07-08-2021, 07:49 PM)wow Wrote:
(07-08-2021, 08:30 AM)TINASAM Wrote: Eastern Gateway accepted none of my ACE credits and I had 50 Sophia credits at the time.

They are listed as an ACE-accepting institution. But that doesn't mean they accept all ACE credits. Maybe they have a specific prejudice against Sophia, or they focus on military-related ACE credits. This is true with many institutions. They accept some kinds of ACE but not others.

The vast majority of "ACE accepting institutions" mainly just accept some military credits, AP, CLEP, and possibly DSST. Even then, it's at their discretion and may award less credits than the ACE recommendation or require higher scores.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 2 users Like MNomadic's post:
  • jch, ss20ts
(03-19-2021, 10:36 AM)TINASAM Wrote: Those that went there or are going there currently, can we share experiences? Classes you are taking, the format of the program, tips and tricks...

I'd love to read more about this specific school.

My 2 cents:
I asked questions and got almost immediate replies every time I sent an email. I love their quickness! Applied, sent transcripts (ACE and B&M school), sent over FAFSA, and same day received my school log in information with everything at my fingertips. Library at my service. Email already set up.
I'm hoping that I can squeeze into the next session but if not, I'm prepared and ready for Summer session.

Anyhow, thoughts from people who have been through their program??

Hi Tinasam,
Can you explain how the courses are organized? Tests, quizzes, papers, projects, proctored, etc? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
[-] The following 1 user Likes acamp's post:
  • Vle045

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which college was recently disavowed? pluggingalong 5 322 04-01-2024, 06:58 PM
Last Post: Dnightowl
  Czech College Courses for 50+ in the US eriehiker 2 332 01-19-2024, 01:16 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  South Texas College CBE Construction, HVACR, & Electrician Technology Jonathan Whatley 2 429 12-09-2023, 05:25 AM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  College Mascots ItsNeverTheLionsYear 17 1,047 11-14-2023, 07:12 PM
Last Post: ItsNeverTheLionsYear
  Nichols College BS in Business Administration karehiro 25 3,416 04-02-2023, 02:27 PM
Last Post: JPN
  Snow College accelerated AS - review/help IReallyNeedADegree 43 3,174 03-21-2023, 08:58 AM
Last Post: Cofffeee
  What is the best college/option for me? ZKL111 20 2,195 03-17-2023, 02:23 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Age 55 and older discounts for online college? pluggingalong 4 843 03-06-2023, 12:58 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  South Texas College gams007 3 1,895 09-29-2022, 11:47 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Garden City Community College - $150/cr, books included rachel83az 1 664 08-25-2022, 08:17 PM
Last Post: dfrecore