Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eastern University
(10-15-2021, 02:06 AM)AwardTour Wrote:
(10-14-2021, 10:52 PM)nnahh Wrote: Any updates on DTSC-670-80Fnds Machine Learning Models and DTSC-600 Information Visualization

I am considering taking these both at the same time starting next week. Can anyone comment on the load/number of assignments? Are a lot of outside resources needed?

I'm just finishing up Principles Python Programming, which is course 5 in the program. I thought it was extremely well put together. Although we had a lot of assignments, they were much better organized and submitted in CodeGrade a lot easier than my prior experience. I also did not need any outside resources which were great for me. 

I would love to hear other's perspectives and progress. 

I am taking Principles of Python Programming next as my second course starting next week. The Eastern University Data Science Discord server is probably your best bet for info. It is a student run Discord server so it is not officially run by Eastern University. However, in Brightspace inside of the "Master's in Data Science Program" under "My Courses" you should find the table of contents under the "contents" tab. There is an FAQ that is a google doc titled "DTSC FAQ". That document will provide you with info on how to join the Discord server. When you join there will be specific channels for both of the classes you mentioned.  

Sometime tomorrow I will try to see if there is any info already there for the questions you have asked.

Thank you so much for pointing that out!
(10-16-2021, 02:54 PM)nnahh Wrote:
(10-15-2021, 02:06 AM)AwardTour Wrote:
(10-14-2021, 10:52 PM)nnahh Wrote: Any updates on DTSC-670-80Fnds Machine Learning Models and DTSC-600 Information Visualization

I am considering taking these both at the same time starting next week. Can anyone comment on the load/number of assignments? Are a lot of outside resources needed?

I'm just finishing up Principles Python Programming, which is course 5 in the program. I thought it was extremely well put together. Although we had a lot of assignments, they were much better organized and submitted in CodeGrade a lot easier than my prior experience. I also did not need any outside resources which were great for me. 

I would love to hear other's perspectives and progress. 

I am taking Principles of Python Programming next as my second course starting next week. The Eastern University Data Science Discord server is probably your best bet for info. It is a student run Discord server so it is not officially run by Eastern University. However, in Brightspace inside of the "Master's in Data Science Program" under "My Courses" you should find the table of contents under the "contents" tab. There is an FAQ that is a google doc titled "DTSC FAQ". That document will provide you with info on how to join the Discord server. When you join there will be specific channels for both of the classes you mentioned.  

Sometime tomorrow I will try to see if there is any info already there for the questions you have asked.

Thank you so much for pointing that out!
In-terms of outside resources, both classes use textbooks. These are actually listed as "required textbooks" in the FAQ.

For DTSC-600 there are 2 books:
Information Dashboard Design by Stephen Few. 2nd Edition. Publisher: Analytics Press; Second Edition

Storytelling with Data: A Data Visualization Guide for Business Professionals. Publisher : Wiley; 1st Edition

For DTSC-670 just 1 book is required:
Geron’s Hands-on Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn, Keras, & TensorFlow, ISBN 9781492032649

There are no free resource alternatives listed. These books are required.
Currently working on:  Capstone

Eastern University - (9 of 10 Courses Completed) (27 Credits)
Master's in Data Science

Western Governors University (WGU) - Completed in 2020.
Bachelor of Science, Business - Information Technology Management

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
SOPHIA (21 courses, 57 cr) 
Study.com (18 courses, 54 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
Eastern University (9 courses, 27 cr)
Hi Guys,

I will be starting the Eastern program in January. Just curious, can I take two classes while working full-time? How doable is that? I want to finish the program and earn the degree as fast as I can.

Thank you!
(10-21-2021, 06:44 PM)09iyvesty Wrote: Hi Guys,

I will be starting the Eastern program in January. Just curious, can I take two classes while working full-time? How doable is that? I want to finish the program and earn the degree as fast as I can.

Thank you!
It is completely doable depending on how much free time you have from work. I took two classes per term starting this January and I'm finishing up this December. Two classes per term was pretty manageable for me because I was working from home. Working from home basically saved 3 hours out of my day in commute and prep time.

My job had us return to the office in August so I had to drop one of my classes because it was getting to be too much work. So I took one class in the summer 2 term and one class in the fall 1 term.

I'm taking the capstone in the ethics course this time to finish up the program. I had such a good time with it that I'm strongly considering starting their NBA program next year. The cost of these programs is within my budget for my company's tuition reimbursement program.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mcjon77's post:
  • 09iyvesty
(10-21-2021, 07:00 PM)mcjon77 Wrote:

Thank you!
It is completely doable depending on how much free time you have from work. I took two classes per term starting this January and I'm finishing up this December. Two classes per term was pretty manageable for me because I was working from home. Working from home basically saved 3 hours out of my day in commute and prep time.

My job had us return to the office in August so I had to drop one of my classes because it was getting to be too much work. So I took one class in the summer 2 term and one class in the fall 1 term.

I'm taking the capstone in the ethics course this time to finish up the program. I had such a good time with it that I'm strongly considering starting their NBA program next year. The cost of these programs is within my budget for my company's tuition reimbursement program.
Awesome! Thanks for the quick reply!!

Thank you!

Hi I am interested in Eastern’s MBA program.  Did you go for it?  I am curious to hear about it.  I’m curious about workload (hrs per week) and how it’s formatted if it is all self paced (assignments, tests, papers).  Thanks!
(12-02-2022, 11:20 AM)AnonStudent Wrote:

Thank you!

Hi I am interested in Eastern’s MBA program.  Did you go for it?  I am curious to hear about it.  I’m curious about workload (hrs per week) and how it’s formatted if it is all self paced (assignments, tests, papers).  Thanks!
I did sign up for the MBA program, however I wound up dropping out before completing a single class. After graduating with the MS in data science in December of last year I wound up leaving my previous company and took a new position as a data scientist at another company. 

The company compensation and benefits are outstanding, however they don't provide tuition reimbursement. My previous company did provide tuition reimbursement making the degree almost free.

Since this degree would have been my third master's degree and would provide no career benefits, I couldn't justify spending $10,000 cash out of my own money for it no matter how fun it looked.
MS, Data Science, Eastern University
ALM, Information Technology, Harvard University
AB, Government, Georgetown University
Hello everyone, I'm interested in the MBA program at Eastern. Has anyone done the MBA with the business analytics concentration? How is the lifeflex, or whatever they call it, regarding accelerating (or the opposite)?

I'm debating between doing it or a state school for around the same price range ($12k). I know the MBA itself at Eastern is $9900, but the concentration is about $11.5k. I would get state grants if I went to Lamar.edu or any UT/TAM university, but it all basically evens out in the end. I'm also looking at micromaster's/MOOC degrees to see which one would be cheaper/easier to get enrolled in.

Thanks for any advice.
TCC - AAS in Information Technology 2015
TCC - AAS in IT, Website Management 2015
Coursera - IBM Cybersecurity Analyst Certificate, April 2023
TESU - Bachelor of Arts in Computer Science (114 out of 120 credit hours)
Eastern University or A-State or UT - Austin - Something Artificial Intelligence related most likely
(12-04-2022, 12:36 PM)Randyb100 Wrote: Hello everyone, I'm interested in the MBA program at Eastern. Has anyone done the MBA with the business analytics concentration? How is the lifeflex, or whatever they call it, regarding accelerating (or the opposite)?

I'm debating between doing it or a state school for around the same price range ($12k). I know the MBA itself at Eastern is $9900, but the concentration is about $11.5k. I would get state grants if I went to Lamar.edu or any UT/TAM university, but it all basically evens out in the end. I'm also looking at micromaster's/MOOC degrees to see which one would be cheaper/easier to get enrolled in.

Thanks for any advice.
I can’t speak to the program, but I’m also in Texas and a family friend used to be a professor at Lamar.  How is the MBA program?
Forgive me if this is stated in the thread , I haven’t read it in it’s entirety. Does anyone know the maximum time frame for the degree completion ? I can’t seem to find it anywhere on their website.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MBA from Hellenic American University (HAU) allvia 113 16,727 4 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Gardner-Webb University: 10-12 month online MBA? PaperAssistant 7 314 04-18-2024, 10:33 PM
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 9 765 04-18-2024, 11:46 AM
Last Post: MichiganMax
  MBA Student @ Eastern University – AMA klone 22 1,994 04-15-2024, 08:20 PM
Last Post: klone
  Opinions on Master's International University of Divinity isaachunter 19 6,217 04-14-2024, 07:55 AM
Last Post: isaachunter
  Fitchburg State University - MBA in Finance Spaceghost 7 514 04-06-2024, 01:04 PM
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 33 7,371 04-04-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: collegecareerstudent
  Apollos University - from show clause to closure details bjcheung77 4 379 03-28-2024, 12:40 AM
  Robert Cavelier University Journey armstrongsubero 26 1,747 03-19-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  Troy University Master's - $250/credit for military PreLawCoastie 11 707 03-11-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Duneranger