Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ed4Credit.com has 27 new ACE approved courses
ndelcollo Wrote:I don't see the big deal. They said they are in the process of changing the grading system, so just wait to sign up if you want to take a course. I would say that they realize the system is not the best right now which is why they are making changes. Is it really that unreasonable for a new company to need to make some changes during their startup process? How many changes has Study.com recently made to make their product better? We should be happy that Ed4Credit is making these changes and coming here and communicating with us, not tearing them down even more on here.

Hello ndelcollo, Thanks for the support. Yes, this is why we are on this discussion thread.
dfrecore Wrote:I have a friend that is interested in taking courses, and he has no college credits. He is brand new, and might struggle a little bit with a quiz here or there. So, with the possibility that he might get a bad grade on a single quiz and fail the course, there is no way he should sign up for an Ed4Credit course because of this grading system, especially with the higher cost of the courses.

jsd - I get that you think that this is not a high bar, but this is not a bar that is set for any other course than I can think of, including a course at a B&M school! You should be allowed to fail a single quiz and still pass a class if you do ok on the rest of the quizzes, midterm and final.

Hello dfrecore, As we move forward, we want to both understand the consumer and stay within what ACE is requiring of us. As I mentioned, you will need to make a 50% on the final exam and a 70% overall in our courses to pass. I hope this clarifies our course layout.
cookderosa Wrote:Were you contracted by them to write their rubric? LOL

Seriously, no college has such a ridiculous grading scheme, which means that no one working for ed4credit has any experience teaching or taking college level course work. That alone should be cause for concern.

Hello cookderosa, My husband and I taught at Park University both in person and online for many years. As I have mentioned, we are getting it straightened out and you will need to pass the final exam with a 50% and the course with a 70%.
jsd Wrote:You can fail EVERY quiz once and still pass this course.

Hello jsd, Thanks for your support. As you know, we just finding our way in this new areana.
I really do appreciate that Ed4Credit and Study.com are supportive of the community. Our ability/access to information and education these days is amazing
The Ed4Credit course Geo 205 transferred in for me as GOG-292, Intro to Geographic Info. Systems.

It is 2 credits.

https://ed4credit.com/geo-205-geographic...on-systems

I completed the class when it was on sale for half off.
[-] The following 1 user Likes eriehiker's post:
  • Ed4Credit

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,320 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 889 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 8 690 04-08-2024, 11:32 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,489 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,839 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,032 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
Thumbs Up Sophia Review: Finished 6 Courses in 1 Week Ares 11 2,037 02-11-2024, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  Equivalents for Old SNHU Gen Ed Courses Spalmer 6 575 02-11-2024, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Spalmer
  3 Additional Google Certificates Approved for ACE Credit MNomadic 8 1,056 02-02-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: lynnii2
  SeeMore courses other than CSM (or: has anyone transferred a non-ACE/NCCRS course?) vaticidalprophet 5 328 01-24-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77