Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ed4Credit.com has 27 new ACE approved courses
jsd Wrote:I'm kind of surprised anyone finds study.com time consuming. Tedious sure, but they shouldn't be taking more than like 5 days of moderate effort at most.

My son took about 2 weeks for each Study.com course - but 3 of the 5 he took required projects - one course required 3 essays, so it was time consuming just to submit and await grades on those.
Here Researching for my son, who has done the following:
Community College: Intro to Philosophy, Fundamentals of IT, English Comp 1
Saylor: Intro to Business, Principles of  Marketing, Corporate Communication
Shmoop: US History 2 (WGU won't accept this)
ALEKS: Int. Algebra, College Algebra
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics
Ed4Credit: Managing Information Systems
Sophia: Project Management
WGU: Bachelors in HR Management 

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice
rowan555 Wrote:My son took about 2 weeks for each Study.com course - but 3 of the 5 he took required projects - one course required 3 essays, so it was time consuming just to submit and await grades on those.

Yeah I haven't done any with projects, that would add time.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
jsd Wrote:I'm kind of surprised anyone finds study.com time consuming. Tedious sure, but they shouldn't be taking more than like 5 days of moderate effort at most.

I don't really find study.com time consuming, which is why I chose study.com over others when I can. I was more just asking if they take more or less time compared to study.com. I can usually do a study.com course in 15-20 hours which I agree is pretty good.
Does anyone know how Ed4credit compares time-wise though?
gremlinbrawler Wrote:I don't really find study.com time consuming, which is why I chose study.com over others when I can. I was more just asking if they take more or less time compared to study.com. I can usually do a study.com course in 15-20 hours which I agree is pretty good.
Does anyone know how Ed4credit compares time-wise though?

I don't know of anyone on this forum who has taken an Ed4Credit course, since they are more expensive than the other options, and don't offer much that you can't get elsewhere for less. They lowered their prices a while ago, but they are still $195, which is double the price of SL (on average) or Study.com.

My husband's company will do tuition reimbursement, but won't pay for membership or monthly fees, so SL and Study.com are out. That's where Ed4Credit might work better for him, if he doesn't want to CLEP/DSST out of courses.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
gremlinbrawler Wrote:Has anyone taken any courses from this site who can review their experience? I have searched the forums but haven't found much.
Are they as time consuming as Study.com? Does the course material match what's on the final well? Are they graded immediately?
Thanks

Hi Gemlinbrawler, Ed4Credit is one of the newest companies in this field so I don't know if anyone in this forum has taken a course from us or not yet. You can get a syllabus for each course off our website if you want to see what is involved in any course. We do use textbooks but they are all included in the cost and are embedded in the class. The only courses that have an additional cost are the science labs and then you just need to purchase the lab kit for $98 but the each lab is only $65. All the courses have module quizzes that you can take twice and a proctored final you can take once. You do get your grade automatically when you finish a test. You have to make a 70% or better on the module quizzes. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Ed4Credit Wrote:Hi Gemlinbrawler, Ed4Credit is one of the newest companies in this field so I don't know if anyone in this forum has taken a course from us or not yet. You can get a syllabus for each course off our website if you want to see what is involved in any course. We do use textbooks but they are all included in the cost and are embedded in the class. The only courses that have an additional cost are the science labs and then you just need to purchase the lab kit for $98 but the each lab is only $65. All the courses have module quizzes that you can take twice and a proctored final you can take once. You do get your grade automatically when you finish a test. You have to make a 70% or better on the module quizzes. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

I do have a question - is there any particular reason you guys are so much more expensive than your competitors? It's a bit difficult for me to justify spending $195 a course when Study.com is half that, and Straighterline is even less if several courses are completed in one month.
Here Researching for my son, who has done the following:
Community College: Intro to Philosophy, Fundamentals of IT, English Comp 1
Saylor: Intro to Business, Principles of  Marketing, Corporate Communication
Shmoop: US History 2 (WGU won't accept this)
ALEKS: Int. Algebra, College Algebra
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics
Ed4Credit: Managing Information Systems
Sophia: Project Management
WGU: Bachelors in HR Management 

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice
they were $300 before they found us complaining about it on the forum. They lowered the cost and gave an additional discount to us via DegreeForum17 coupon code, so that'll help a little.

My guess is that they're trying to recuperate the huge amount ACE charges to review courses, and their competitors have the benefit of being around longer than they have been, and so have made that initial investment back.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
rowan555 Wrote:I do have a question - is there any particular reason you guys are so much more expensive than your competitors? It's a bit difficult for me to justify spending $195 a course when Study.com is half that, and Straighterline is even less if several courses are completed in one month.

Hi All, there are a number of factors in our pricing.

1) We are a small mom & pop company. My husband and I own Ed4Credit. Study and SL have deeper pockets and financial backing that we don't have. Maybe someday we can be one of the big boys too. LOL Wink

2) For a company that doesn't currently offer subscriptions, we are one of the cheapest (i.e. Sophia, Propero, etc.). If you are planning to take a number of courses per month, you will be better off with Study or SL, but if you don't have the time for that, our courses come out better. If you take one course with SL ($99 + $49 + Textbook) and/or you take longer than a month to do the class, we are cheaper. The same goes for Study if you only take one class per month, they are $199 per month. If you only have time to complete one course per month Ed4Credit is the answer. BTW... when you sign up for one of our courses you have up to 120 days (4 months) to get it complete (just in case "life" happens).

So with that alll said, we are cheaper if you are only taking one course per month or if you want longer to finish a class. It's all in your perspective! LOL Big Grin
Ed4Credit Wrote:Hi All, there are a number of factors in our pricing.

1) We are a small mom & pop company. My husband and I own Ed4Credit. Study and SL have deeper pockets and financial backing that we don't have. Maybe someday we can be one of the big boys too. LOL Wink

2) For a company that doesn't currently offer subscriptions, we are one of the cheapest (i.e. Sophia, Propero, etc.). If you are planning to take a number of courses per month, you will be better off with Study or SL, but if you don't have the time for that, our courses come out better. If you take one course with SL ($99 + $49 + Textbook) and/or you take longer than a month to do the class, we are cheaper. The same goes for Study if you only take one class per month, they are $199 per month. If you only have time to complete one course per month Ed4Credit is the answer. BTW... when you sign up for one of our courses you have up to 120 days (4 months) to get it complete (just in case "life" happens).

So with that alll said, we are cheaper if you are only taking one course per month or if you want longer to finish a class. It's all in your perspective! LOL Big Grin

just wanted to say thank you for coming on here an answering all our questions. Great working getting all those courses approved and for picking up on the need for a lab course (yours are cheaper and I will add one to my list).

Hopefully you will continue to grow and provide us with even more options in the future. It's perfectly understandable that you have fulfilled the staple classes first and hopefully you will be able to provide some additional harder to find ones in the future
Ed4Credit Wrote:Hi All, there are a number of factors in our pricing.

This company sounds like they might become one of our favorites! I would definitely consider taking some courses from them since we've been having so much trouble with study.com. The prices are slightly higher depending on how many courses you are taking but it really depends on your circumstances. I'm personally really focused on finishing my degree fast right now because in a way time is money for me. I really don't want to start working full time again until I finish my degree so the faster I do that the faster I can start making more money. Not everyone is in the same boat as me but it really depends on the person and I think there are many people that might use them despite the price. And like they said, hopefully they're one of the big boys someday and can lower their prices even more. Their customer service looks promising based on their answers on the forums.
I'll definitely consider them especially for those upper level courses.

Also I don't know if you guys are big enough to be able to do this but if you were able to work with TESU to make a transfer page like study.com that would be super awesome.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,301 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 884 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 8 690 04-08-2024, 11:32 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,462 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,817 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,032 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
Thumbs Up Sophia Review: Finished 6 Courses in 1 Week Ares 11 2,037 02-11-2024, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  Equivalents for Old SNHU Gen Ed Courses Spalmer 6 575 02-11-2024, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Spalmer
  3 Additional Google Certificates Approved for ACE Credit MNomadic 8 1,046 02-02-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: lynnii2
  SeeMore courses other than CSM (or: has anyone transferred a non-ACE/NCCRS course?) vaticidalprophet 5 328 01-24-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77