Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
English Comp 2 exam option? CLEP's closed
Looking for an option for English Comp 2 exam. Sophia is super time intensive - not only the essays which are not too terrible but the "submit 2.1 and get the grade which can take up to 14 biz days before submitting 3.1 and then wait another 14 biz days for the grade before submitting 3.2....." etc.    Not ideal for a bit of a rush credit. 

Any suggestions for a exam with a testing center that is open or a proctored online option?  Even an online course is OK but needs to be done and graded by June 30.

TECEP at TESU could be an option - anyone with some insight as to specific prep needed other than English Comp?

ASU was an option for English Comp 1 but they do not have EC 2.

APU is not an option as She is already taking 3 classes so they won't let her add one more plus she missed the May start to be done by June 30.

Still searching for any CLEP testing centers ANYWHERE in the US that she could go to to simply take the dang English Comp exam.

Thoughts?

Thanks!!!
TECEP was easy.

ASU does have EC2, but it won't be finished by the time you need it.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(05-05-2020, 11:24 PM)dfrecore Wrote: TECEP was easy.

Right.. ASU has it for the Fall. 

I saw that you reported that TECEP was on the easy side. The online study guide looked like crazy talk. This is for my college daughter who is sharp enough in English Comp. I took the CLEP Eng Comp with little prep and did just fine but I am a grown adult and can talk/write myself out of anything.  Is there an essay or short answers?  Does she need to brush up on a lot of citations, thesis statements, rhetoric etc?   Would you say prepping for the CLEP would be a good way for her to prep for the TECEP ?   Thanks for any scoop.
(05-05-2020, 11:29 PM)yokopilar Wrote:
(05-05-2020, 11:24 PM)dfrecore Wrote: TECEP was easy.

Right.. ASU has it for the Fall. 

I saw that you reported that TECEP was on the easy side. The online study guide looked like crazy talk. This is for my college daughter who is sharp enough in English Comp. I took the CLEP Eng Comp with little prep and did just fine but I am a grown adult and can talk/write myself out of anything.  Is there an essay or short answers?  Does she need to brush up on a lot of citations, thesis statements, rhetoric etc?   Would you say prepping for the CLEP would be a good way for her to prep for the TECEP ?   Thanks for any scoop.

I didn't take the CLEP so don't know how they compare.  I also don't know your daughter's skills so I can't say how she would fare.

But I think it was probably WAY easier than the CLEP.  The format sucks (it's a TECEP thing) but the content was easy.

It's been a while, so I can't remember exactly.  But it was Multiple Choice, Short Answer and Essay.

The one thing I will say - there's a point where you need to create a Thesis statement (although I don't think they call it that), and then you go to the next section; and then they ask you to use the same thesis but flesh it out and make it a short essay.  BUT, you can't go back to see what you wrote!  It's maddening.  So, each time you write a paragraph-length thing, I'd say to copy it (CTRL-C) and then paste it into the next section.  Or not if you don't need it.

One more thing - the word count is frustrating.  You have to do a word count, but you have to count the words yourself.  Again, maddening.  Why they require a certain number of words but don't have a word counter is ridiculous.

Other than that, it was an easy pass.  For $150, I think it's worth a shot.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Thanks for the info... I did hear that same thing about the not so test taker friendly format of the exam. NOT asking too many questions- but did you make your own thesis stmt and your own essay topic or did they give you one to write about? If you recall or if anyone else has insight. Of to call TECEP to see how to arrange this. I finished my BA years ago with TESU and this group so it is nice to go "home" for this one course with college daughter who is in a bind. Be well.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation How many colleges and universities have closed since 2016? Ares 0 117 03-25-2024, 11:02 PM
Last Post: Ares
  No ACE credits on ACTFL exam? Aikuroa 12 1,196 01-09-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 475 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Open or closed? rachel83az 4 431 07-28-2023, 02:22 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  BIO-208 TECEP exam yellowshehulk 2 940 04-30-2023, 05:46 PM
Last Post: WHOASIS1
  77 Online credit courses in English from Germany - from €16/ECTS FrHaseKopf 19 6,563 04-22-2023, 01:27 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SPECIFIC EXAM FEEDBACK SECTION….. ShotoJuku 1 660 04-01-2023, 10:19 PM
Last Post: katsoulis
  RA math option? Insert Name 7 935 02-20-2023, 09:02 PM
Last Post: Insert Name
  Comp 2 umpi yourpace Mike Williams 3 678 01-01-2023, 09:57 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Saudi Scholarship: No funding for English studies bjcheung77 2 758 12-13-2022, 08:43 AM
Last Post: Fewind