Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
English Comp I - Study.com and Davar final exam timing?
I'm trying to find a way to get through English Comp I without a pressured final exam, ie, having to write quickly.

Do the Davar or Study.com proctored exams make you write an essay? Or is it like a quiz multiple choice format?

Or does anyone else know a way for English Comp I and II that it's just about writing and not writing within a time limit for the exam?

Not my favorite topic so I appreciate the help in finding the least stressful path.
The finals for Study.com are 100 multiple choice questions. You have about 2-2.5 hours to finish the 100 questions. You will do your writing assignments separate from the exam and turn them in for grading whenever you finish them. You can take as many days or weeks as you need and follow the grading rubic they give so you can work your assignment to what they want.
ndelcollo Wrote:The finals for Study.com are 100 multiple choice questions. You have about 2-2.5 hours to finish the 100 questions. You will do your writing assignments separate from the exam and turn them in for grading whenever you finish them. You can take as many days or weeks as you need and follow the grading rubic they give so you can work your assignment to what they want.

That's great - it looks like Study.com would be the answer for me then. What is the best way to study for the 100 multiple choice questions? Is it Instantcert? Or should I use the study.com website?
CollegeKid Wrote:That's great - it looks like Study.com would be the answer for me then. What is the best way to study for the 100 multiple choice questions? Is it Instantcert? Or should I use the study.com website?

I don't think InstantCert has anything for Study.com but maybe it does. The way I do it is to do all the mandatory quizzes and then take the optional chapter test after each chapter. Once I finish every chapter I just study the chapter tests until I am getting in the 90s on the 50 question practice exam. That method hasn't failed me yet. If you do well on the quizzes, you only need a 55% on the final to pass the course. Also, if you turn in your assignments and get them graded before the exam you can basically pass the course only needing a 10% or 20% on the final. The courses with assignments have a total of 300 available points. If you get 100% on all of your quizzes within the first three attempts, you will receive 100 points out of the necessary 210 to pass the course. The assignments are also worth 100 total points so if you score around 90 on the assignments you then have 190 out of the necessary 210 to pass. You then only need a 20% on the final to score a 70% for the course and get your credit. You can also resubmit your assignments after they are graded so follow the tips they give you in the grade to improve your score even more if you need to. You can resubmit after you take the final if you don't score enough on the final to pass the course. Remember, the Study.com courses are only Credit/No Credit scoring so you only need a 70%...scoring in the 90s makes no difference on the transcript.
Wow - that's super helpful - thank you! I'll try it out and let you know how it goes.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question How can I Study on my own pace and online like a european? justmemyself 6 386 03-25-2024, 09:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How to Study Deetzin 3 258 03-12-2024, 02:43 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Study.com --- courses midnite123 9 733 02-24-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: EE-AE-Engineer
  No ACE credits on ACTFL exam? Aikuroa 12 1,253 01-09-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Major Study: Unproctored Online Exams Provide Meaningful Assessment Jonathan Whatley 0 369 11-16-2023, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Study.com for World History TECEP bannerfield 4 1,109 09-27-2023, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Question about BYU Independent Study Amberlinjeanne 4 1,322 09-05-2023, 06:47 PM
  BIO-208 TECEP exam yellowshehulk 2 950 04-30-2023, 05:46 PM
Last Post: WHOASIS1
  77 Online credit courses in English from Germany - from €16/ECTS FrHaseKopf 19 6,746 04-22-2023, 01:27 AM
  No study.com any more, and take crash course on coppersmith? qiaoyiren 10 2,324 04-12-2023, 09:59 AM
Last Post: rachel83az