Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
English comp 2 Sophia/study.com/olivia/tel?
Im wondering what the easiest / nicest way is to get English comp 2.
I have read some bad reviews about Sophia.

What about Study.com / Olivia/Tel?

No clep/dsst of tecep for me.

My target school is COSC.
COMPLETED

ASU: Human Origins (3)
Sophia: Developing Effective Teams (1) Student Success (1)  The Ess. of Managing Conflict (1) Art History 1 (3) US History 1(3) Religions (3) Environmental science (3) Ancient Greek Philosophers (3) English Comp 1 (3) 
Visual communications (3) Art History 2 (3) Introduction to psychology (3) Introduction to Ethics (3) US History 2 (3) Human Biology (3) 
Communication at Work (3) Conflict resolution(3)

The institute: Ethics 312 (3)
Shmoop: Holocaust Literature (3) American National Government (3) Introduction to Drama (3)

IN PROGRESS
Sophia:    
COSC does accept the TECEPs for English Comp: https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/curre...20pdf2.pdf I assume that you don't want to deal with the hassle of "applying" to TESU just to take the exams, but I leave this information for anyone who might stumble on this thread in the future.

Personally, I would suggest ONU. Cheap, seems to be about the same work as SDC (as far as assignments go), and you don't pay extra if you're not able to finish during the month. TEL, while almost as cheap, has TWO proctored exams to take. Plus, at least as many assignments as SDC/ONU.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Thank you! I don't want to take a tecep because I don't like the "exam" style.

I need some courses from study.com anyway so that's why Im consider it.
COMPLETED

ASU: Human Origins (3)
Sophia: Developing Effective Teams (1) Student Success (1)  The Ess. of Managing Conflict (1) Art History 1 (3) US History 1(3) Religions (3) Environmental science (3) Ancient Greek Philosophers (3) English Comp 1 (3) 
Visual communications (3) Art History 2 (3) Introduction to psychology (3) Introduction to Ethics (3) US History 2 (3) Human Biology (3) 
Communication at Work (3) Conflict resolution(3)

The institute: Ethics 312 (3)
Shmoop: Holocaust Literature (3) American National Government (3) Introduction to Drama (3)

IN PROGRESS
Sophia:    
English Comp I at Study.com is literally like the entire TESU Liberal Arts Capstone.  English Comp II is similar.  The positive thing about Study.com is they do grade fast.  I think they let you turn in multiple assignments at the same time. 

Sophia, I would actually recommend, (yes I said that and haven't lost my mind...yet), for WGU students if they accept the English composition foundation course.

For the English Composition I, II at Sophia the problem comes with waiting times for grading and the number of assignments.

Weigh the options and make a choice.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
A bigger issue at Sophia than grading times is the seemingly arbitrary nature of grading. Several people here have reported doing things one way, getting points knocked off, then doing it the recommended way on the next assignment and STILL getting points knocked off. Because it wasn't done the same way as the first assignment. That would drive me mad. Personally, I'd rather deal with something a little longer and/or that costs a bit more but with grading that is more fair.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • LevelUP
I would avoid Eng Comp 2 at Sophia at all costs. It takes a VERY long time. I started it and dropped it. I had used up the first 60 days we had to complete a course and was at the end of my first extension and still waiting for assignments to be graded. It was taking 12-15 days at that point for each assignment to be graded. You couldn't submit the next assignment until the first one came back graded. The grading was HORRIBLE! Horrible doesn't even begin to describe. The comments were over things that weren't part of the assignment or rubric and made no sense. I ended up dropping it and completing the course at UMPI in 3 days. There are 6-7 papers you have to write for the class on Sophia. I would definitely go elsewhere even a local community college will be less work and may take less time.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • ISKBizz15
(10-21-2021, 05:15 AM)rachel83az Wrote: COSC does accept the TECEPs for English Comp: https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/curre...20pdf2.pdf I assume that you don't want to deal with the hassle of "applying" to TESU just to take the exams, but I leave this information for anyone who might stumble on this thread in the future.

Personally, I would suggest ONU. Cheap, seems to be about the same work as SDC (as far as assignments go), and you don't pay extra if you're not able to finish during the month. TEL, while almost as cheap, has TWO proctored exams to take. Plus, at least as many assignments as SDC/ONU.

Good morning! I am trying to find the ONU english comp 2 class you mentioned but cannot find it. Do you have a link by chance? Thank you!
(09-27-2022, 08:32 AM)bseegz Wrote:
(10-21-2021, 05:15 AM)rachel83az Wrote: COSC does accept the TECEPs for English Comp: https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/curre...20pdf2.pdf I assume that you don't want to deal with the hassle of "applying" to TESU just to take the exams, but I leave this information for anyone who might stumble on this thread in the future.

Good morning! I am trying to find the ONU english comp 2 class you mentioned but cannot find it. Do you have a link by chance? Thank you!

Unfortunately, ONU decided to discontinue that program.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
(10-21-2021, 10:28 AM)ss20ts Wrote: I would avoid Eng Comp 2 at Sophia at all costs. It takes a VERY long time. I started it and dropped it. I had used up the first 60 days we had to complete a course and was at the end of my first extension and still waiting for assignments to be graded. It was taking 12-15 days at that point for each assignment to be graded. You couldn't submit the next assignment until the first one came back graded. The grading was HORRIBLE! Horrible doesn't even begin to describe. The comments were over things that weren't part of the assignment or rubric and made no sense. I ended up dropping it and completing the course at UMPI in 3 days. There are 6-7 papers you have to write for the class on Sophia. I would definitely go elsewhere even a local community college will be less work and may take less time.

how was your experience at UMPI?
(04-13-2023, 03:54 PM)kevlarfit Wrote: how was your experience at UMPI?

Start here:
https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-UMPI

More here:
https://www.google.com/search?q=ss20ts+u...eforum.net

Let us know if you have any questions.  Big Grin
Pierpont Community & Technical College 2022
Associate of Applied Science - Board of Governors - Area of Emphasis: Information Systems
Western Governors University 
Bachelor of Science - Cloud Computing
Charter Oak State College
Bachelor of Science - General Studies - Concentration: Information Systems Studies
Thomas Edison State University
Bachelor of Arts - Computer Science
Associate in Science in Natural Sciences and Mathematics - Mathematics
University of Maine at Presque Isle 
Bachelor of Applied Science - Minor: Project Management

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 6 852 1 hour ago
Last Post: hsufeng
  Study.com charged me another month without my consent Livia_Drusila 4 94 1 hour ago
Last Post: hsufeng
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 118 61,698 4 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Sophia Human Biology lab tdat314 1 95 Yesterday, 06:31 PM
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 473 04-18-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,410 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Is it possible to submit a blank page to Sophia histourism 11 373 04-16-2024, 08:56 AM
  Does Sophia track what sites you've visited? Chickenfat2024 10 723 04-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 986 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia.org while attending UMPI your pace - history major Atwygon 4 253 04-08-2024, 05:06 PM