Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enrolling: 10 day wait?
I noticed this in my OSS while looking for courses. Does this mean I'll fall into the next catalog? I'm OSAPP

* If your student status shows as applicant(NJAPP/OSAPP)and you register for a course you will become enrolled in the Per Credit Tuition Plan. As of the 10th day of the term, you will officially become an enrolled student at Thomas Edison State University.
Goal: Anything. Just need the paper. 
In Progress: last few 300-400 level, Am Gov
Complete: [Sophia]: CSMLearn, TEEX DI, Art History 2, English Comp 2, Sociology, Ethics, Project Management, Human Bio, US Hist2, Intro to Business, Microeconomics, Accounting, Finance, Greek Phil, Stats, Conflict Res (1CR), Visual Comm, Dev Effective Teams,  [SL]: Bus Law [ALEKS]: Intermediate Algebra [Institutes]: Ethics [CLEP]: Western Civ I [Murrray State University]: 5CR: MAT130 MAT230 4CR: GSC199 ENG105 CHE101 ITD107 PHY130/131 3CR: COM161 MAT117 ART121 HIS221 PSY180 CHN101 RGS200 CSC199 CET284 ECO230 JPN350 RES132 THD104 1CR: IDC199 MSU099

You'll be enrolled on June 10 (ish), meaning this catalog year. The new catalog doesn't start until July 1.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(05-27-2020, 12:22 AM)dfrecore Wrote: You'll be enrolled on June 10 (ish), meaning this catalog year.  The new catalog doesn't start until July 1.

Oof, I wasn't paying close enough attention. I got a text from TESU saying 5/31 was the last day to enroll and then my brain decided the new catalog was 6/1 (even though I've read several times that it's 7/1). Lol that's embarrassing.
Goal: Anything. Just need the paper. 
In Progress: last few 300-400 level, Am Gov
Complete: [Sophia]: CSMLearn, TEEX DI, Art History 2, English Comp 2, Sociology, Ethics, Project Management, Human Bio, US Hist2, Intro to Business, Microeconomics, Accounting, Finance, Greek Phil, Stats, Conflict Res (1CR), Visual Comm, Dev Effective Teams,  [SL]: Bus Law [ALEKS]: Intermediate Algebra [Institutes]: Ethics [CLEP]: Western Civ I [Murrray State University]: 5CR: MAT130 MAT230 4CR: GSC199 ENG105 CHE101 ITD107 PHY130/131 3CR: COM161 MAT117 ART121 HIS221 PSY180 CHN101 RGS200 CSC199 CET284 ECO230 JPN350 RES132 THD104 1CR: IDC199 MSU099

My daughter just applied to TESU today 5/28/20. She intends to enroll in a TECEP to lock in the catalog before the change July 1st. Since they do not get back to you for 3-6 business days to let you know if you've been accepted, will it be early enough to lock it in if she doesn't get to enroll in the TECEP until a few days into June?
(05-28-2020, 11:06 PM)walkingbyfaith Wrote: My daughter just applied to TESU today 5/28/20. She intends to enroll in a TECEP to lock in the catalog before the change July 1st. Since they do not get back to you for 3-6 business days to let you know if you've been accepted, will it be early enough to lock it in if she doesn't get to enroll in the TECEP until a few days into June?

Should be fine. It only took a couple days for them to get back to me (I think it was less than 48 hours after I applied). I then signed up for the $50 TECEP and was enrolled within about 24 hours even though it says it'll take 10 days. YMMV, but they seem to be going pretty fast right now.
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • GizmoJack, harrypotter
(05-28-2020, 11:06 PM)walkingbyfaith Wrote: My daughter just applied to TESU today 5/28/20. She intends to enroll in a TECEP to lock in the catalog before the change July 1st. Since they do not get back to you for 3-6 business days to let you know if you've been accepted, will it be early enough to lock it in if she doesn't get to enroll in the TECEP until a few days into June?

The last day to register for June 2020 is May 31. If they process the application by today, then enroll today to be sure. My app was sent on a Friday and by Monday it was accepted and I able to register and paid for a TECEP that same day. It was quicker than the 3-6 days that they give themselves. I hope you get your email back today the 29th. If you do, then register and pay for tecep for June term and it's all good. (probably needs a late fee in there) Check your email today a lot. Maybe they'll process fast like they did with mine and rachel38az

It is a separate issue about the 10th day of the term. As was said earlier in this thread, for those who register for June term, it will be the 10th day of the term before the status changes from applicant to enrolled. My application was accepted on the first day of April term and that was the day I registered. But it was too late to register for April so the tecep was in May term. I was not "enrolled status" until the 10th day of May term. That was a long wait, and a separate issue from application acceptance.

Bit of encouragement, I hope? even if you end up in the next catalog, you'll make this work.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

(05-29-2020, 06:39 AM)P226mem Wrote:

The last day to register for June 2020 is May 31.  If they process the application by today, then enroll today to be sure.  My app was sent on a Friday and by Monday it was accepted and I able to register and paid for a TECEP that same day.  It was quicker than the 3-6 days that they give themselves.  I hope you get your email back today the 29th.  If you do, then register and pay for tecep for June term and it's all good. (probably needs a late fee in there)  Check your email today a lot. Maybe they'll process fast like they did with mine and rachel38az

It is a separate issue about the 10th day of the term. As was said earlier in this thread, for those who register for June term, it will be the 10th day of the term before the status changes from applicant to enrolled.  My application was accepted on the first day of April term and that was the day I registered.  But it was too late to register for April so the tecep was in May term.   I was not "enrolled status" until the 10th day of May term.  That was a long wait, and a separate issue from application acceptance.

Bit of encouragement, I hope? even if you end up in the next catalog, you'll make this work.
Thanks for your help. They just sent her acceptance email this morning, and I could only choose to register for a tecep in July 2020. So we didn't make it on to the current catalog which was my intention, but I am happy to be able to add her classes to her eval as she takes them.

Another question...when I enrolled her in the tecep it didn't let me pay for it. Amount owed was nothing, and it still says she's registered for it (start date July 6th) Is this normal? Do they not charge you until the month it begins?
(06-01-2020, 02:08 PM)walkingbyfaith Wrote: Thanks for your help. They just sent her acceptance email this morning, and I could only choose to register for a tecep in July 2020. So we didn't make it on to the current catalog which was my intention, but I am happy to be able to add her classes to her eval as she takes them.

Another question...when I enrolled her in the tecep it didn't let me pay for it. Amount owed was nothing, and it still says she's registered for it (start date July 6th) Is this normal? Do they not charge you until the month it begins?

I'm sorry they didn't get the acceptance in time for june term late registration. She'll still get 2 evals until the 10th day of July term then able to add as you go. While I was waiting for that 10th day of term to get more than 2 evals done, advisor did let me get pre approved for some courses for upper level. That's a little different thing.

I remember having a lot of trouble finding the way to pay for tecep when I enrolled. I finally got out of firefox browser and did it again in chrome and payment stuff showed right up . I think I had to "drop" the tecep first and then re-enroll it under other browser to get to pay. But yes, I had a glitch like that too. PS: I know on the tesu website it says there's an issue with chrome and to try firefox, but for me, it was the other way around.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

[-] The following 1 user Likes P226mem's post:
  • rachel83az
(06-01-2020, 04:00 PM)P226mem Wrote:
(06-01-2020, 02:08 PM)walkingbyfaith Wrote: Thanks for your help. They just sent her acceptance email this morning, and I could only choose to register for a tecep in July 2020. So we didn't make it on to the current catalog which was my intention, but I am happy to be able to add her classes to her eval as she takes them.

I'm sorry they didn't get the acceptance in time for june term late registration.   She'll still get 2 evals until the 10th day of July term then able to add as you go.  While I was waiting for that 10th day of term to get more than 2 evals done, advisor did let me get pre approved for some courses for upper level.  That's a little different thing.

I remember having a lot of trouble finding the way to pay for tecep when I enrolled.  I finally got out of firefox browser and did it again in chrome and payment stuff showed right up . I think I had to "drop" the tecep first and then re-enroll it under other browser to get to pay.  But yes, I had a glitch like that too.  PS: I know on the tesu website it says there's an issue with chrome and to try firefox, but for me, it was the other way around.
Just a little update...I didn't get signed up and paid for the tecep until a week into June. I thought that we missed the cut off for the old catalog since the only option for a tecep was July, however I just checked her student profile and it says she is in the 2019A-2020 catalog. Thanks everyone for your help and advice!
awesome update! for long time on this forum those ahead of us said apply and enroll to be able to lock in catalog. then very recently (last week?) one of them said it would work out like it did for you with locking in. yeah! good news.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Second Bachelor's at TESU--Enrolling with BS and MS PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 9 1,149 06-21-2021, 09:10 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Enrolling for March 1st SOS110 Dorothy44 8 992 01-30-2021, 03:07 AM
Last Post: Dorothy44
  Finally enrolling at TESU jamshid666 7 1,652 09-25-2019, 08:36 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Enrolling to TESU BrighterFuture88 6 1,223 09-12-2019, 10:00 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Considering Re-Enrolling to TESU sabatinova 10 2,141 06-20-2019, 10:34 PM
Last Post: sabatinova