Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enrolling in first and only TESU course
I was accepted to TESU months ago and am finally ready to register for the capstone and I just saw that late registration goes until tomorrow for the class starting monday.  I went to my OSS and selected search and register for a course, and when I search for the capstone course, it gives me an error message.  Do I need to do anything special before I take my one & only class at TESU?
[-] The following 1 user Likes bingbangboom's post:
  • Life Long Learning
No, there's nothing you need to do besides register. Probably the website is just glitching. I was able to search successfully.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
You might need to be enrolled in the BSBA program. You probably chose that when you enrolled.

(08-26-2017, 04:46 PM)davewill Wrote: No, there's nothing you need to do besides register. Probably the website is just glitching. I was able to search successfully.

It has been happening for over a week.  I called their tech support and they said the site was fine, and I'd have to talk to an advisor to enroll.  Problem is, the class starts Mon and They only work M-F.

(08-26-2017, 05:13 PM)Ideas Wrote: You might need to be enrolled in the BSBA program. You probably chose that when you enrolled.

I am doing the BALS.   Can I do anything in my OSS to let me enroll in this class?
Hey, just wondering, what's the error you are getting if any? Send a screenshot if you do get one...
I tried adding a BSBA Capstone Course and it worked. Let me add a BALS Capstone and see if it does the same...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(08-26-2017, 04:46 PM)davewill Wrote: No, there's nothing you need to do besides register. Probably the website is just glitching. I was able to search successfully.

Also, in OSS when I am NOT logged in I can search and find the class I need, but when I log in and search it says "No classes meeting the search criteria have been found."  So, it seems to me, something is not set up in my account to let me be able to register for a class.  

Am I accepted, but not yet enrolled?  Is that even a thing I have to do?

(08-26-2017, 08:53 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hey, just wondering, what's the error you are getting if any?  Send a screenshot if you do get one...
I tried adding a BSBA Capstone Course and it worked.  Let me add a BALS Capstone and see if it does the same...

Hello, this is the error  No classes meeting the search criteria have been found.

I have never registered for a class before, is there something I need to do or set up before I can register?
(08-26-2017, 08:56 PM)bingbangboom Wrote:
  I'm having the same issue :Sad for the BSLA capstone.. It says registration not allowed tech support couldnt help me im worried ill miss out
Also, in OSS when I am NOT logged in I can search and find the class I need, but when I log in and search it says "No classes meeting the search criteria have been found."  So, it seems to me, something is not set up in my account to let me be able to register for a class.  

Am I accepted, but not yet enrolled?  Is that even a thing I have to do?

(08-26-2017, 08:53 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hey, just wondering, what's the error you are getting if any?  Send a screenshot if you do get one...
I tried adding a BSBA Capstone Course and it worked.  Let me add a BALS Capstone and see if it does the same...

Hello, this is the error  No classes meeting the search criteria have been found.

I have never registered for a class before, is there something I need to do or set up before I can register?

I also noticed the course says closed so im wondering if we will not be able to register since all of them are full
Friend... There's nothing wrong with their system.
It's your search criteria, clear all the fields and enter in the following in the search.

Term: October 2017 (You're too late for Sept, has been filled for both BSBA Capstone and BALS Capstone)
Subject: Select Liberal Arts (Leave the last 3 blank)
Academic Level: Undergraduate
Instructors name: Leave blank

Do a search, Voila!! you will have a few courses come up for Liberal Arts, the last ones are the capstone!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(08-26-2017, 09:11 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Friend... There's nothing wrong with their system.
It's your search criteria, clear all the fields and enter in the following in the search.

Term: October 2017 (You're too late for Sept, has been filled for both BSBA Capstone and BALS Capstone)
Subject: Select Liberal Arts (Leave the last 3 blank)
Academic Level: Undergraduate
Instructors name: Leave blank

Do a search, Voila!! you will have a few courses come up for Liberal Arts, the last ones are the capstone!

This is exactly what I have done for the past week or so.  Still get the error.  But I guess it doesn't really matter anyway, since the Sept class is full.  The classes appear for me when I am not signed into OSS.  When I am signed in, I get the error evertime I search for the classes using the exact way you stated.
Does not sound like a user friendly system to me. Enrolling should be the super easy part. Passing harder!

I have taken a single college class that was easy to enroll into. A few were harder to enroll in one course even at the CC college level.

It does vary by school. Call TESU and have them walk you thru it?
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,977 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,659 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,104 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,643 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,732 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,342 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,592 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,323 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,374 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,859 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore