Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethics course from The Institutes, where to get another credit
I'm considering doing the Institute's free ethics course before it expires, but it is only 2 credits. Based on posts I've seen from people on here, I get the feeling that the two credit Institutes course fills the ethics requirement at TESU.

- Does it completely fulfill TESu's requirement or will I need to pick up a third credit somehow?
- If I need a third credit, what are some options?
(07-25-2018, 04:59 AM)jeffreymb Wrote: I'm considering doing the Institute's free ethics course before it expires, but it is only 2 credits. Based on posts I've seen from people on here, I get the feeling that the two credit Institutes course fills the ethics requirement at TESU.

- Does it completely fulfill TESu's requirement or will I need to pick up a third credit somehow?

It fills the requirement enough to check that box on the degree completion, but you still need to make up the 1 credit in your Gen Ed electives. Which can be done by replacing a 3 credit course with a 4 credit one (like adding a lab maybe). Or just bite the bullet and add an extra GE elective course to end up at 62 credits in your GenEd area. Personally, I'd rather end up taking an extra GE elective in a subject area I'm actually interested in any way.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • Johmford
(07-25-2018, 04:59 AM)jeffreymb Wrote: I'm considering doing the Institute's free ethics course before it expires, but it is only 2 credits. Based on posts I've seen from people on here, I get the feeling that the two credit Institutes course fills the ethics requirement at TESU.

The easiest and lowest cost (as it is FREE) to make up that lost credit is through the Sophia 1 credit course(s).  One works for the BSBA, the other covers the others - I forget which covers which area, they are both free and quick and easy so I personally just took them both.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(07-25-2018, 06:21 AM)allvia Wrote:

The easiest and lowest cost (as it is FREE) to make up that lost credit is through the Sophia 1 credit course(s).  One works for the BSBA, the other covers the others - I forget which covers which area, they are both free and quick and easy so I personally just took them both.

Heh, I spaced on those two. But yeah, Developing Effective Teams comes into TESU as HRM-299, which is either BSBA or free elective, while Essentials of Managing Conflict comes into TESU as SOS-240, which is a Social Science GE as well as fit into the BSBA. I think they might both fit into the BSOL as well, but I'm not certain about that.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
Thanks for the quick response! I just finished the exam on the second attempt with a 78%!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 312 Yesterday, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  3 Additional Google Certificates Approved for ACE Credit MNomadic 8 1,044 02-02-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: lynnii2
  Sophia Credit Transfer StudyKing21 1 559 01-19-2024, 12:57 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free credit course website for non-American Pinko64 3 707 11-04-2023, 05:51 PM
  Does Clovis Community College accept Sophia credit? eliment 7 850 10-29-2023, 07:45 PM
  Sophia - New Business Ethics Course lumina 14 3,128 10-25-2023, 06:39 AM
Last Post: Sherwood
  Study.com: Upcoming Changes to Credit-Granting Courses inf 28 3,837 09-19-2023, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Send Saylor credit to credly vetvso 4 1,561 09-09-2023, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  TADA credit NapoleonInRags 16 1,944 05-05-2023, 11:11 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  PHI-400 Managerial Ethics (Equivalency Only) mog538 0 336 02-22-2023, 09:16 PM
Last Post: mog538