Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
European International University
Any one has any idea of European International University?
I understand that not everyone thinks accreditation is a big deal.  Maybe they think accreditors are shady or unnecessary or whatever.  I think there's value  from a quality control perspective in having a regulatory body keeping an eye on universities.  This school is entirely unaccredited.  They say they are "incorporated" in France and my response is "So What?"  I could probably create a school and incorporate it by the end of the week.  It means nothing.  In this day and age there are better choices easily available.  If you tell us what you're looking for then I'll bet that someone could hit that nail right on the head.
[-] The following 2 users Like Alpha's post:
  • basu888, carrythenothing
Further to that, they claim or mention they have RA equivalency which doesn't seem correct either. Moreover, they list a partnership with an unaccredited California Metropolitan U, which also has the same .ac top level domain. Too many red flags, I wouldn't even bother looking them up...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
The University claims that Validential is awarding them full US equivalence & it is ASIC accredited as PREMIER INSTITUTION. They are also a candidate for ACBSP accreditation. The price is too good to be true
Note: EIU is not recognized by France, they just operate an office there. The main office actually is in Thailand... so they're technically not fully recognized by the government of France. I would not really recommend them until they at least get ADDITIONAL accreditation such as ACBSP or more... Some European Union countries such as Germany will NOT recognize this degree unless it has a "partnership" with a German authorized university, tread with caution...

(09-20-2022, 12:22 PM)basu888 Wrote: The University claims that Validential is awarding them full US equivalence & it is ASIC accredited as PREMIER INSTITUTION. They are also a candidate for ACBSP accreditation. The price is too good to be true
The DBA is 20,000 euros, right around $20,000 US.  For a highly questionable degree, that isn’t exactly too good to be true, it’s too much to charge.  Hard pass. South College DBA, Old Dominion PhD in Public Administration and Policy, VUL DHA, William Howard Taft DBA, all superior options, just to name a few, and all under $30k.
Master of Accountancy (taxation concentration), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress. 
Master of Business Administration (financial planning specialization), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress.

BA, UMPI.  Accounting major; Business Administration major/Management & Leadership concentration.  Awarded Dec. 2021.

In-person/B&M: BA (history, archaeology)
In-person/B&M: MA (American history)

Sophia: 15 courses (42hrs)
Actually, they have a 75% scholarship and a few months ago (before I dug into their details more), I was offered that for 5K Euro.  However, I didn't take it as I don't consider it a deal yet, not until they get fully accredited by ACBSP and maybe even more.  Anyways, they have 4 Doctorate/PhD degrees (DBA, DMan, EdD, PsyD) with two options to get the degree - Research/Thesis or Publication.  What I don't really like is, they "sell" a Professional Doctorate for $10K Euro and an Honorary DBA for $50K Euro.

[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • basu888
What is professional Doctorate?
(09-22-2022, 12:17 PM)basu888 Wrote: What is professional Doctorate?

This Wikipedia explains it clearly: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_do...doctorates

The long and short is this: Doctorates are either Research/Academic-based or Professional-practice-based degrees. The latter doesn't usually require an "original research dissertation", but rather competency in the field at the "highest academic level" of practice. 

So for example, any practicum based Medicine (M.D., OD, DDS, Doctor of Chiropractic, Doctor of Health Sciences, etc.,) are mostly skills based (12 years of OJT/In Filed Training alongside the academic university courses), practicum based and are usually licensed by a set of state and national exams, in order to practice. In most cases one must also have clinical hours of "real-world" experience under a seasoned licensed practitioner or organization to also qualify to practice...as in the Doctor of Psychology or Doctor of Social Work or Doctor of Counseling or Doctor of Physical Therapy...these examples dealing with both physical and mental health practice.
Completed

Doctor of Healthcare Administration, Virginia University of Lynchburg
MBA, Universidad Isabel I / ENEB, 2022
Master in Business & Corporate Communication, Universidad Isabel I / ENEB, 2022
DiMAP, Diploma in Modern Applied Psychology, Academy of Modern Applied Psychology

In Progress

Master of Arts in Spiritual Formation, Regent University - School of Divinity
Master's in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I / ENEB 
Master's in Human Resources Management, Universidad Isabel I / ENEB
Master's in Big Data & Business Intelligence, Universidad Isabel I / ENEB
Master's in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I / ENEB
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies, TESU or Excelsior University 

[-] The following 2 users Like michaeladsmith2's post:
  • basu888, datby98
ACBSP provides programmatic accreditation, and while it is valuable for business programs, that would still mean the program lacks institutional accreditation, in which case you're still dealing with an unaccredited school and would have an unaccredited degree (not taking into account the possible results of a foreign credential evaluation which may deem it equivalent to an accredited degree). ACBSP has also accredited some stinkers, so keep that in mind.

Regarding that and Validential or any other evaluator, as we've learned, some (maybe more) U.S. evaluators base their equivalency decisions on what the foreign program offers versus a domestic program rather than on the accreditation status of the foreign program in its own home country, so that's how a degree from an unaccredited school in one country can be deemed equivalent to U.S. RA through evaluation.

I'm not against unaccredited schools. Every school had to start unaccredited, but this one has one big red flag to start: they claim to be "institutionally accredited by ASIC" but ASIC is not an institutional accreditor, at least not a recognized one. Their authorized function in the UK is for immigration purposes, not institutional accreditation. Usually, when a school uses ASIC as their accreditor, it's either a scam or an operation run by people who have no idea what they're doing.

Then there is pricing. The price for the Doctorate is ridiculous for an unaccredited foreign school. 20,000 Euros? No, thanks. Shouldn't be more than 5 or 6,000 Euros and even that's pushing it. Even the Professional Doctorate for 9,999 is too much imho. Their Master's degrees are 1,500 which is actually a reasonable price for an unaccredited program.

I'd wait for unpaid reports on its quality before even thinking about it, I wouldn't deal with any of their Doctorates either so it would have to be a different and less expensive program before I'd even consider the school.
[-] The following 1 user Likes eLearner's post:
  • basu888

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Virginia University of Lynchburg Accreditation on Warning Jonathan Whatley 22 2,366 03-20-2024, 07:56 PM
Last Post: Dr_Chirp
  DBA from Prague University of Economics and Business, 15k Euro durain 6 804 03-17-2024, 12:07 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Golden Gate University or Apollos DBA? kb24bi8 39 3,825 02-22-2024, 10:34 PM
Last Post: quanticmba
  Philosophy PhD by Thesis ~ USD $20K from Staffordshire University UK MFG 2 386 01-26-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: Imbanewbie
  Westcliff University DBA - RA, ACBSP for $16.5k armado 4 526 01-18-2024, 10:34 PM
Last Post: armado
  International Business Academy of Scandinavia DBA adrian052 4 518 01-10-2024, 05:48 AM
Last Post: Harry101
  Spain Inter-University Doctoral Programme in Business & Management durain 3 756 11-14-2023, 03:49 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Texila American University - $7800 online PhD (multiple fields) Kalas 9 1,469 11-07-2023, 05:33 PM
Last Post: cacoleman1983
  Open University of Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv? kb24bi8 21 2,557 10-31-2023, 10:12 AM
Last Post: Harry101
  Mississippi State University online PhD in Computer Science ifomonay 22 5,154 10-16-2023, 10:18 AM
Last Post: jkenigson