Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
European wanting a regional accredited degree from US
Hello everyone!

I'm new to this forum. I have 3 years of university experience my home country, bachelor degrees are usually 3 year long in my country because we go to high school until we're 19. Would it be possible for an European like me to get an American degree online by transferring my transcripts to an american university and maybe study a few more subjects for a regional accredited degree ? How much would this cost me since I'm not from the US? I would appreciate any information you could give me about this topic. I don't care what university it is, as long as the degree is regionally accredited. Thanks all!
Yes, it's definitely possible. Your best bet is one of the Big 3 (TESU, COSC or EC), which are all RA schools. The cost just depends on what degree you get, and how your current credits would be utilized.

I think your first step is to get your credits evaluated by one of the services that all 3 schools accept: ECE or WES. Once that's done, you should then post your international evaluation here, and we can help you decide which degree, and which school.

Then, you apply, get an official eval from the school(s), and start doing the work that we recommend here.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Just curious, but what is your ultimate goal here? If it is graduate study in the US, you may only need the equivalent of 30 US semester credits (which doesn't necessarily have to be part of a US bachelor's degree) in addition to your previous study.
(08-21-2017, 04:13 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Yes, it's definitely possible. Your best bet is one of the Big 3 (TESU, COSC or EC), which are all RA schools. The cost just depends on what degree you get, and how your current credits would be utilized.

I think your first step is to get your credits evaluated by one of the services that all 3 schools accept: ECE or WES. Once that's done, you should then post your international evaluation here, and we can help you decide which degree, and which school.

Then, you apply, get an official eval from the school(s), and start doing the work that we recommend here.

Wow thanks for your answer! You gave me a lot of hope. I will check out ECE and WES. Let's say I were to finish all necessary credits for a bachelor degree in my country (3 year degree usually), could I then transfer all credits to one of these schoolls (TESU, COSC, EC) and get an American degree after they have checked my credits? Or would I still have to do any additional courses? I'm thinking this way might be cheaper for me, but If that is not possible then it's still alright.

(08-21-2017, 09:33 PM)Yenisei Wrote: Just curious, but what is your ultimate goal here? If it is graduate study in the US, you may only need the equivalent of 30 US semester credits (which doesn't necessarily have to be part of a US bachelor's degree) in addition to your previous study.

Good question! It's because I want to teach English abroad, which is not possible with a non-native bachelor degree! But it seems like this is looking promising......
(08-22-2017, 10:11 AM)european Wrote: Wow thanks for your answer! You gave me a lot of hope. I will check out ECE and WES. Let's say I were to finish all necessary credits for a bachelor degree in my country (3 year degree usually), could I then transfer all credits to one of these schoolls (TESU, COSC, EC) and get an American degree after they have checked my credits? Or would I still have to do any additional courses? I'm thinking this way might be cheaper for me, but If that is not possible then it's still alright.

A US degree is 4 years, and so you would need to do an additional 30cr. BUT, you could do it for a good price through one of the Big 3. Maybe $300 for credits, depending on what provider you used, and then the capstone.

Come back and post once you get your credits evaluated and we can help.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(08-22-2017, 10:11 AM)european Wrote: Wow thanks for your answer! You gave me a lot of hope. I will check out ECE and WES. Let's say I were to finish all necessary credits for a bachelor degree in my country (3 year degree usually), could I then transfer all credits to one of these schoolls (TESU, COSC, EC) and get an American degree after they have checked my credits? Or would I still have to do any additional courses? I'm thinking this way might be cheaper for me, but If that is not possible then it's still alright.

Good question! It's because I want to teach English abroad, which is not possible with a non-native bachelor degree! But it seems like this is looking promising......

You will have to complete additional credits, and will have to do a Capstone course, however those can all be done online. If your degree is not from an English speaking country, then you will also have to take the TOEFL to be admitted to a U.S. school. As an example, here is TESU's page on admission of foreign students

Apply as an International Student
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Which country are you from? I am confused why you need a US degree to teach English.
If you are in Europe, there many more universities in the UK, does it have to be a US school?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(08-22-2017, 11:24 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Which country are you from? I am confused why you need a US degree to teach English.
If you are in Europe, there many more universities in the UK, does it have to be a US school?

Yes, you are right. A degree from the UK would be fine as well. But I'm not sure if they are offering the same transfer of credits that some US universities are. Do you know anything more about universities in the UK? Could I get a degree from there instead? Would probably be easier.....
I think what the OP is saying that he or she has a degree from a country that doesn't speak English as a first language. The OP needs a degree from an English-speaking country in order to teach English. The OP might want to look at Athabasca University's 3-year general studies degree if they're still offering it. Athabasca is in Canada.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 1 user Likes sanantone's post:
  • Yenisei
(08-22-2017, 10:12 PM)sanantone Wrote: I think what the OP is saying that he or she has a degree from a country that doesn't speak English as a first language. The OP needs a degree from an English-speaking country in order to teach English. The OP might want to look at Athabasca University's 3-year general studies degree if they're still offering it. Athabasca is in Canada.

Thanks man! I will look into this university. Are bachelor degrees only 3 years in Canada? It need to be a legit bachelor degree.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help - Math Degree for Grad School Frederico.Sandoval 10 691 04-20-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New UK Bachelors Degree Online coming soon! Leedeedee 1 290 04-03-2024, 11:54 AM
  Cheapest degree in graphic design? blablablox 10 649 03-30-2024, 12:44 PM
Question How can I Study on my own pace and online like a european? justmemyself 6 424 03-25-2024, 09:14 PM
  The 100 Most Popular Accredited Online Colleges for 2024 LevelUP 2 350 03-20-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: nyvrem
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,806 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 578 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 516 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Atlantic Technological University Interesting Bachelor degree offering from Ireland durain 0 290 02-12-2024, 02:58 AM
Last Post: durain
  The First 3-Year Degree Programs Win Approval Ares 10 879 02-07-2024, 03:40 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden