Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
90 out of 120 Credits. The end is Near! (BS in LA)
I finally figure out what I'm doing with college lol. I'm going to finish my BS at Excelsior as soon as possible and then apply and get into a MBA program for a year. 

I have 84/120 credits on my transcript, plus 3 from the last half-semester that finished, plus 3 from ongoing on this semester. At the end of the semester I'll have 90. 

That leaves me with the remaining half-semester, plus the summer semester to finish in order to begin the MBA program in October. Switching from BS in Business to BS in Liberal Arts freed me up from having to take a lot of the heavier classes, and also freed up some of my previously unused credits, which moved me from 69 to 90. All those language classes I took back in the day count for something now.

Because I was on the Business track, I took all the upper level classes I was going to need for that, leaving me with the CLEPs to finish. Liberal Arts accepts those as one depth requirement, leaving me with another depth requirement to fill.

The depth I'm going to fill is with history. I have 6/9 lower level from AP US history. I need 3 more and 6 upper level classes. I'm going to do DSST Vietnam War and DSST Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union for those.

I also have to do the Capstone, Ethics, Information literacy, 6 more from the social sciences, and another random 12 units. The Capstone and one more need to be done at Excelsior next semester so that I can keep qualifying for student loans. And I need to get 15 more credits done as soon as possible so that my advisor will approve me for taking the Capstone. 

I could use some advice here on that last part. I read somewhere that I can do information literacy cheaper somewhere other than Excelsior. Ethics only has to be 2 credits. I'll probably do that at Saylor unless I find somewhere easier to do it. 

I'm double checking with advisor if the 6 credit CLEP Social Sciences test will count for me. Then that leaves another 9 units to CLEP out of. I'll probably take a 3 credit class that meets some requirements and is enjoyable before I do the Capstone.
The Institutes Insurance Ethics course if 2cr of UL, and free.

You can take Info Lit at Study.com (3cr LL), Coopersmith (2cr LL), or Davar (3cr UL)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I have heard that the Institute ethics will not count toward the ethics requirement at Excelsior, it will go to electives.

I have wondered, though, if the TEEX 2 hr Cyber Ethics, AWR 174 would count for ethics anywhere.  It is free, too.  This is what is says at ACE: 
In the lower-division baccalaureate/associate degree category, 2 semester hours in information security and the Internet, digital literacy and online ethics, or introduction to cyber ethics. Students who request a credit recommendation for TEEX-0278 cannot receive a credit recommendation for TEEX-0250. (12/18).
23 year old son: BOG AAS from Pierpont CTC Dec 2019
Myself: BS Business/French-1991, Masters of Rehabilitation Counseling-1995, Completed the Poetry in America Series from HES for 20 credits in English in May 2019.
Yeah my guidance counselor just said that Institute doesn't count. So I'm back to doing it at Saylor unless there's another option that might count it as Upper Level.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excelsior BSLA - Upper Level Credits Robinred2404 7 403 03-18-2024, 09:08 PM
Last Post: Robinred2404
  Need to know what UL credits will work for Liberal Arts degree AnyName 20 3,169 06-25-2023, 11:56 PM
Last Post: Kab
  upper level business credits at EC MCJ 10 3,066 03-22-2023, 07:52 AM
Last Post: MCJ
  Advisor said no but transferred credits anyway... frankc 5 1,095 07-23-2022, 07:30 AM
Last Post: TheVilified
  Transferring TEEX credits to Excelsior Loopsb 6 2,326 10-23-2021, 10:18 AM
Last Post: TwinMom
  EC Wants Me To Do 34 Credits Despite Having 100+ Credits Kal Di 20 4,393 07-20-2021, 04:07 PM
Last Post: studyingfortests
  CSM Course now accepted at Excelsior for 3 credits of Quantitative Reasoning CSMlearn 5 1,680 03-03-2021, 06:06 PM
Last Post: SweetsugarNL
  Accepted UL credits from SDC adegree4me 12 3,007 02-21-2021, 08:28 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Upper Level Credits/DAU Courses sava60 15 3,558 12-30-2020, 12:07 PM
Last Post: oroseeo
  UL Arts and Sciences/Applied Professional Credits mrskitty 12 2,369 08-19-2020, 11:14 PM
Last Post: mrskitty