Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warning - Criminal Justice DSST not transferring to TESC anymore
Quick update and good news! After listening to the Registrar's office at TESC, I finally decided to call the DSST people last week and asked them to please update my score report to show six credits. I told them that their website said it was worth six credits, and told them I could send them screenshots to prove it. The rep I spoke to assured me they would fix it and call me back. I hadn't heard anything, so I called back today and the rep told me they had fixed the error and are sending out updated score reports by the end of this week! Phew! Hopefully anyone taking Criminal Justice in the future won't have any trouble. And hey, now I get three extra credits I wasn't expecting! :hurray:
This is great news thanks for the update!!

Not suprised to find it was actually prometrics error. How dumb to update their webiste and factsheet to 6 credits, but issue a transcript with 3.

Will you stop back once TESC has applied the credits to your student account to confirm the new exam course equivalency? I'm guessing AOJ102/AOJ103. What a nice surprise for current / future students to have another six credit exam that falls under social sciences.

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
Wow, the only 6-credit DSST, huh? Cool
BA History 2014 - TESC

The Lord is my shepherd. Psalm 23

"I'm going on an adventure!' ~AUJ
"It is our fight." ~DoS
"I am not alone." ~BotFA
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that's given to us." ~FotR
"There is still hope." ~TTT
"Courage..." "This day, we fight!" ~RotK

CLEP: A&I Lit 74 ~ Am Lit 73 ~ Eng Lit 72 ~ Humanities 75 ~ College Math 77 ~ Western Civ I 63 ~ Western Civ II 69 ~ Natural Sci 64 ~ US History I 76 ~ US History II 69 ~ Sociology 68 ~ Am Gov 69 ~ Social Sci & Hist 71 ~ College Comp 61 ~ Marketing 70 ~ Management 66 ~ Psychology 67

DSST: Supervision 453 ~ Tech Writing 61 ~ Computing 427 ~ Middle East 65 ~ Soviet Union 65 ~ Vietnam War 74 ~[COLOR="#0099cc"] Civil War 68

[/COLOR]Other: College+ Biblical Social Justice B ~ ECE World Conflicts Since 1900 A

TESC courses: Capstone A ~ Leaders in History A ~ Photography 101 A- ~ Games People Play A ~ International Relations A- ~ Mass Communications I A

$5 off IC - 59690
My hair jewelry business
Hold up- the DSST website AND ACE have both been updated to reflect this exam as 6 credits! It's a go!
http://getcollegecredit.com/testprep
I recently took the DSST in Criminal Justice in April. My evaluation just updated and it looks like TESC is using the current recommendation from ACE to award 6 credits. My evaluation is for BA CJ. It transferred in as AOJ 102 with 6 s.h. credits. Since there was an overage for the justice administration section, I need 3 less elective credits. I also took Intro to Law Enforcement transferred as AOJ 101 in March which also satisfies the Justice Administration requirement. It looks like TESC considers the two tests to be duplicates, they only accepted one test towards my program.

Area of Study (15SH must be at the 300/400 level)
Semester Hours Completed: 6.00
GPA Achieved/Needed: none / 2.000
Complete all 6 subrequirements:
A: Pblc Plcy & Crm Jst (Not Started)
> Complete one course in Public Policy and Criminal Justice.
_____________________________________________________________________ 3 credits

B: Criminal Law (Not Started)
> Complete one course in Criminal Law.

C: Justice Adminstratn (Completed)
> Complete one course in Justice Administration.
Src Course # Title S.H. Grd TESC # Notes
1.. AOJ-102... Intro to Criminal Justice 6.00 CR AOJ-102 *NEW *NE

D: Crmnl Bhvr & Vctmlgy (Not Started)
> Complete one course in Criminal Behavior and Victimology.

E: Research Methods (Not Started)
> Complete one course in Research Methods.

F: Criminal Just Elect (Not Started)
> Complete 15 Semester Hours (SH) of Criminal Justice
> theory courses.
> **At least 15 of the 30 credits required within the entire
> Area of Study must be at the 300/400 level.**
Semester Hours Completed: 0.00
Group 1 (Not Started)
Group 2 (Not Started)
!! Exception
Credit overage in Group C;
9 credits needed here
TESC AAS CJ, December 2015
Working on TESU BA CJ/PSY March 2018

TECEP: Marriage and Family, Abnormal Psy, Intro to Soc, Psy of Women, Public Relations, Computer Concepts and Applications, Liberal Arts Math
ECE: Cultural Diversity, Juvenile Delinquency, Workplace Communications, Business Information Systems
DSST: Criminal Justice, Principles of Supervision, Substance Abuse
PF: Principles of Loss Prevention, White Collar Crime, Criminal Law
Propero: Victimology, Criminology, Intro to Homeland Security, Juvenile Justice, Criminal Justice Ethics
The Institutes: Ethics Course
AP: American History
FHSU: Justice in the Information Age
NOCTI Business Solutions: Protective Services, Security and Protective Services
Schmoop: Drugs in Lit

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU received my DSST transcript - do I need to do anything? Kelly Green 8 2,298 08-29-2018, 12:02 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
Question Can I send CLEP/DSST scores for 2 Bachelor Degrees? elenlushk 3 1,811 08-16-2018, 11:07 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Criminal Justice Associates? Mab81 5 1,743 08-13-2018, 04:21 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  DSST credit on TESU Individual Learning Account (Credit Bank)? Kelly Green 6 1,999 08-11-2018, 01:11 PM
Last Post: jsd
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,618 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  DSST Management Information Systems and CLEP Business Information systems vetvso 10 2,559 06-06-2018, 08:41 PM
  TESU and Study.com CJ305: Juvenile Justice badooble 9 2,620 05-06-2018, 03:32 PM
  Criminal Justice at Charter Oak fingerscrossedx2 2 1,328 02-10-2018, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
Question Psych electives for TESC Psych degree KatePsychology 4 1,442 02-08-2018, 11:08 AM
Last Post: jsd
  Help with Academic Eval TESC jayboy 8 2,182 02-01-2018, 02:46 PM
Last Post: davewill