Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excelsior Eval, Anyone want to try and make sense of this?

.pdf   excelsior eval.pdf (Size: 60.66 KB / Downloads: 58)

I just got my evaluation from Excelsior but looking at it I still don't know how many classes I would need. Its not super important because I've pretty much settled on WGU but figured that I would post my evaluation here so everyone could see how certain classes came in. Compared to the WGU evaluation the Excelsior one is considerably more difficult to decipher, at least it was for me. 

Since the evaluation I have added three classes to my ACE transcript: 

History of the Vietnam War - SDC
Intro to Nutrition - SL
The Strategic Management Process - Degree Plan Works
It looks like you really have several of the more difficult courses done already, except for the capstone.

*Humanities (4) You could use modern states for the free clep A&I Lit exam to fulfill this
*Social sciences/History (3.33) You would only need 0.33 credit here after your SDC Vietnam war course is applied.. so I guess a free modern states/ Clep exam would work.
*Math (3) One math course
*Statistics (3) One statistics course
*Business data analysis (3) excelsior has a Uexcel exam for quantitative analysis, if they will still accept it for this requirement
*Remaining arts and sciences (13.98) You would need 4-5 courses/ exams depending on whether they were 3 or 4 credits. You could use clep/dsst
*Information literacy (1) Davar academy’s information literacy exam should be accepted for this
*Additional business credit (8.33) 3 business courses/exams.. You need 12 UL business credits to meet the UL requirement so these would all need to be UL (plus the capstone would also count toward the UL requirement)
*Capstone (3) Required from excelsior

Oops I forgot about your nutrition and strategic management process courses.. for my excelsior evaluation, I *think* nutrition was placed in general electives.
Strategic management process looks like it would work as a business elective, but it’s lower level.

These worked as UL business electives when I was a student at excelsior last year, but I would definitely double check with advising first before paying for or taking them:
Study.com Advanced operations management
Dsst management info systems
Dsst money and banking
TECEP financial institutions and markets
TECEP security analysis & portfolio management
Davar Multinational business finance
Davar corporate finance

So over all you would only need to take 13-14 courses/exams, depending on whether some of them are worth 3 or 4 credits, plus the business capstone from Excelsior.
(11-28-2018, 09:02 AM)JoshDosMil Wrote: I just got my evaluation from Excelsior but looking at it I still don't know how many classes I would need. Its not super important because I've pretty much settled on WGU but figured that I would post my evaluation here so everyone could see how certain classes came in. Compared to the WGU evaluation the Excelsior one is considerably more difficult to decipher, at least it was for me. 

Since the evaluation I have added three classes to my ACE transcript: 

History of the Vietnam War - SDC
Intro to Nutrition - SL
The Strategic Management Process - Degree Plan Works

Your excelsior degree plan looks completely different than mine, as far as overall format.  Mine is just as confusing. . .
BSNS - Excelsior College - 2019

AASIO - Cochise College - 2012

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excelsior BSLA - Upper Level Credits Robinred2404 7 408 03-18-2024, 09:08 PM
Last Post: Robinred2404
  Has excelsior accepted CSM math recently? CM1999 6 938 01-11-2024, 10:16 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  So disappointed in Excelsior. Should I bail or suck it up for the last class? profstudent 22 5,585 12-06-2023, 02:03 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  New Change to Enrollment at Excelsior U. -- Not Good milah1 12 1,648 10-20-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: frankc
  Excelsior University BS in Liberal Arts Upper Credit Transfer Options Niketay 13 2,318 07-05-2023, 10:22 AM
  Excelsior University to Ivey League ----> RichestLiberalArtsMajor 5 1,338 06-06-2023, 09:32 AM
Last Post: IReallyNeedADegree
  OTmina - Excelsior Degree Plan OTmina 28 4,077 05-16-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: OTmina
  Excelsior Capstone Risa 6 1,738 04-30-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: new2this
  Finally Graduating from Excelsior University new2this 4 1,256 04-29-2023, 12:46 AM
  English Comp Excelsior Sophia joer 17 5,313 04-14-2023, 10:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az