Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RA that accepts NA?
(08-30-2022, 01:53 PM)davewill Wrote:
(08-30-2022, 01:25 PM)Insert Name Wrote:
(08-30-2022, 12:53 PM)jsd Wrote: How many NA credits are you talking about? What courses? It might sting a bit, but depending on your answer it might be worth it to abandon them. But if it's a considerable amount of relevant courses, that might change things
A full medical assistant program. They were transcripted as hours instead of credits, so not sure what the conversation would be (if they are accepted at all), but it’s 720 course hours plus 180 externship hours.

Without them, still at 47 RA credits and 37 ACE, so the sting isn’t that bad if they can’t be used. It’s just if they could be used it may help with area of study credits. 

Basically just thinking, with taking a pause to focus prImarily on CSET exams, it’s a good time to evaluate the long shots, just in case.

Did you earn any certifications in the course of that? It's possible that the cert could be worth credit even if the individual courses are not accepted for transfer.
I don’t think so. The only thing they ever gave was a transcript. TBH, it was an ACISC school, so I have a feeling they will never go anywhere. I’ll see what I can find out about certs. Maybe they did give something that I’ve never noticed.
Old Salt w/ New Papers
Pierpont: AAS BOG BUSINESS FOCUS 8/5/22
Excelsior: BS NUCLEAR ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY 10/21/22
The SNHU admissions guy told me to send my UoPeople transcript because "you won´t believe what have we taken in the past".

But maybe he didn´t give me an accurate information?
SUNY Empire might
but it looks like it goes by an individual evaluation

IPLA = Individualized Prior Learning Assessment

NEEDS IPLA FOR CREDIT AWARD
• Nonregionally accredited institutions or institutions
without accreditation
• Documents with Continuing Education Units
(CEUs)
• Learning experiences for which a student would
need to seek individualized Prior Learning
Assessment

see page 45
https://www.esc.edu/media/academic-affai...earch=ccrs

https://www.esc.edu/media/academic-affai...3-2014.pdf
[-] The following 1 user Likes bluebooger's post:
  • vintage_jacket
(08-30-2022, 05:06 PM)bluebooger Wrote: SUNY Empire might
but it looks like it goes by an individual evaluation

IPLA = Individualized Prior Learning Assessment

NEEDS IPLA FOR CREDIT AWARD
• Nonregionally accredited institutions or institutions
without accreditation
• Documents with Continuing Education Units
(CEUs)
• Learning experiences for which a student would
need to seek individualized Prior Learning
Assessment

see page 45
https://www.esc.edu/media/academic-affai...earch=ccrs

https://www.esc.edu/media/academic-affai...3-2014.pdf
Interesting that you mention them. SUNY Empire seems to be a lot more Alt friendly than I would have expected.
Old Salt w/ New Papers
The problem with your credits isn't really that they're NA (I mean, yes that matters) - but EU was probably stingy because those are all free electives. Depending on your degree that you want to get, there's only so much space for LL Free Electives. So I'm guessing that's the main issue.

So, how many credits did EU give you, and where did they put them all? As "E" for Elective?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(08-30-2022, 08:46 PM)dfrecore Wrote: The problem with your credits isn't really that they're NA (I mean, yes that matters) - but EU was probably stingy because those are all free electives.  Depending on your degree that you want to get, there's only so much space for LL Free Electives.  So I'm guessing that's the main issue.

So, how many credits did EU give you, and where did they put them all?  As "E" for Elective?
They claimed the NAs were certificate level, and they gave zero for them. They also pushed RAs and ACE below the line without filling free electives.
Old Salt w/ New Papers

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DEAC acquires Excelsior & UMPI accepts NA credits! bjcheung77 10 2,056 05-03-2022, 12:25 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  East Central (OK) Accepts 90 credits transfer for Bachelors bjcheung77 2 756 04-05-2022, 12:46 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  COSC no longer accepts FEMA IS NoStudentNoCry 4 1,236 06-23-2020, 01:54 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Local community/state college only accepts 15 credits of CLEP...is this typical? S.Tesla 5 1,625 05-23-2019, 06:51 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  CCs that accepts out of country international students? celerius 40 5,329 12-10-2018, 07:13 AM
Last Post: nyvrem
  University of the People now accepts Ace credits Notgodot 9 2,600 07-03-2017, 06:50 AM
Last Post: clep3705
  University of the People accepts transfer credits now! (Also a quick question) Brownie82 7 3,188 06-08-2017, 10:53 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  anyone know if wgu accepts teex and aleks credits? yb1 2 766 07-17-2015, 06:13 PM
Last Post: dmjacobsen
  current FEMA acceptance -- who accepts and how ? bluebooger 4 804 05-13-2015, 10:51 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Patten accepts NA degrees for RA MBA program ? koenigtv 0 437 08-16-2014, 03:47 PM
Last Post: koenigtv