Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excelsior Students
[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Navy"]Being an Excelsior College student getting ready to graduate (May, 2006) I came across an interesting thread on the college website that can be found in the Electronic Peer Network under the "student union." The thread is actually entitled "default topic" and currently addresses the quality (or lack thereof) of the Excelsior College Diploma.

From what I've read, many former, recent, and soon to be graduates are upset and disappointed about the look, style, and feel of the diploma and would like to see it changed to a more professional look. I agree.

So, if any fellow Excelsior alumni out there would like to see a change for the better too, log onto the Excelsior website today and contribute to the thread. Hope to see you at commencement in July![/COLOR][/SIZE]
[COLOR="Navy"]
ShotoJuku Wrote:[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Blue"]Being an Excelsior College student getting ready to graduate (May, 2006) I came across an interesting thread on the college website that can be found in the Electronic Peer Network under the "student union." The thread is actually entitled "default topic" and currently addresses the quality (or lack thereof) of the Excelsior College Diploma.

From what I've read, many former, recent, and soon to be graduates are upset and disappointed about the look, style, and feel of the diploma and would like to see it changed to a more professional look. I agree.

So, if any fellow Excelsior alumni out there would like to see a change for the better too, log onto the Excelsior website today and contribute to the thread. Hope to see you at commencement in July![/COLOR][/SIZE]

Just wondering if anyone posted anything yet to the EC site?[/COLOR]
I did. This is my post:

I for one TOTALLY agree. I have been involved with Excelsior since they were Regents College. Due to personal reasons, I had stopped studying for a few years and then re-enrolled. At that time they were changing the name to Excelsior, which I thought was, in my opinion a substandard name. The Regents college diploma had "State University od New York" printed on top of it and it looked very professional, something that you would be proud to hang on your wall. The name and reference to Regents college was much more professional than a name like Excelsior. In any event, I for one hope they change the diploma to look somewhat professional.
ShotoJuku Wrote:[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Blue"]Being an Excelsior College student getting ready to graduate (May, 2006) I came across an interesting thread on the college website that can be found in the Electronic Peer Network under the "student union." The thread is actually entitled "default topic" and currently addresses the quality (or lack thereof) of the Excelsior College Diploma.

I contributed to that thread several weeks ago after reading your post and wondered whether anything had been resolved?
Crystal King
BS Liberal Studies 3.87
Preparing for GRE
Goal Master Library Science 2009

Ambition is the Path to success,
Persistence is the vehicle you arrive in.
beckysharp Wrote:I contributed to that thread several weeks ago after reading your post and wondered whether anything had been resolved?

[SIZE="4"]Good question. I hope to find out sooner than later - hopefully when I walk the stage in July........[/SIZE]Rolleyes
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
ShotoJuku Wrote:[SIZE="4"]Good question. I hope to find out sooner than later - hopefully when I walk the stage in July........[/SIZE]Rolleyes

You WILL conquer that "Evil Beastie" called College Math and become a GRADUATE!!!!

Great work Brian. I know we'll all miss you around here.
Crystal King
BS Liberal Studies 3.87
Preparing for GRE
Goal Master Library Science 2009

Ambition is the Path to success,
Persistence is the vehicle you arrive in.
Let us know what it looks like. What does your GPA look like so far?
Houston, Texas
B.S. - Liberal Arts, Excelsior College
Casey1300 Wrote:Let us know what it looks like. What does your GPA look like so far?

[SIZE="3"]Sent you a PM.[/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
Hmm, would it be wrong to simply create your own diploma that looks how you want it to look? You already have the degree...and the piece of paper is just for looks anyway, right? =) lol

I suppose it all depends on where you're displaying that...in a custumer-oriented field it might be uncomfortable having strangers point out your homemade diploma...but if you work in a cube with people you know and such, it might be fun =)
[SIZE="1"]CLEPS:
[COLOR="green"]Social Sciences and History
College Math
English Composition (no essay) [/COLOR]

DANTES:
[COLOR="green"]World Religions
Civil War and Reconstruction
Drug & Alcohol Abuse
Management Information Systems [/COLOR]

Excelsior:
[COLOR="Green"]Organizational Behavior
Ethics: Theory and Practice
World Conflicts since 1900
World Population [/COLOR][/SIZE]

All done! 42 credits by exam
What does the current diploma look like? Can anyone send a link to a picture- if one is available? Might inspire others to join in the fight!
-Need 6 more credits for Excelsior College BS in General Business
-Tested out of 46 credits to date
Credits to finish:
Operations Mgmt-CSU-Pueblo MGMT 311
Business Policy- CSU Pueblo MGMT 485 or TESC exam???

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Down Perpetual Students burbuja0512 36 4,410 03-27-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Homeschooled Students? Stacie 8 1,063 08-25-2022, 03:25 AM
Last Post: MitchellHolst
  Teacher Has Personalized Handshakes With His Students danivalero 1 523 07-02-2022, 10:15 AM
Last Post: millaterns2
  Malcolm Nance: Excelsior BA to Cable News Star to Fighting for Ukraine Jonathan Whatley 9 875 05-01-2022, 09:56 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Storage Space Solutions - Students bjcheung77 2 1,050 01-16-2022, 01:46 AM
  Fake Harvard Students Alpha 0 590 11-02-2021, 05:22 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  ACE NAMES ST. NICHOLAS BURRUS AND EDWIN DUARTE JR. 2020 STUDENTS OF THE YEAR ashkir 7 1,181 05-21-2021, 03:38 PM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL
  Stimulus Payments & College Students Alpha 5 1,362 03-31-2021, 12:41 PM
Last Post: videogamesrock
  Obituary for former Excelsior English adjunct Sparklette 0 628 07-12-2020, 08:53 AM
Last Post: Sparklette
  Excelsior Graduate earns Master's degree. Oh yeah, she's 14 MNomadic 7 1,639 06-17-2020, 02:51 PM