Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excelsior & Study.com
(02-06-2021, 12:51 AM)carebear_007 Wrote: Study.com 's history are all LL...:/

You're right, I was looking at the wrong page. COSC and TESU count several of SDC's history options as UL.

Olivet Nazarene has an UL history course, though, for only $150. It's a bit different than SDC while also being similar. I think that you'll like the way that it's broken down. It doesn't cost anything to sign up and start taking their courses, so you could see if it'll work for you before you have to pay anything. If you don't like it, you'll only be out a small amount of time. Their other UL course right now is a Christian theology one but that's not going to be something that everyone is going to want to take.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • carebear_007
(02-06-2021, 08:25 AM)rachel83az Wrote:

You're right, I was looking at the wrong page. COSC and TESU count several of SDC's history options as UL.

Olivet Nazarene has an UL history course, though, for only $150. It's a bit different than SDC while also being similar. I think that you'll like the way that it's broken down. It doesn't cost anything to sign up and start taking their courses, so you could see if it'll work for you before you have to pay anything. If you don't like it, you'll only be out a small amount of time. Their other UL course right now is a Christian theology one but that's not going to be something that everyone is going to want to take.

Thank you!

Quick question: is this like ASU in that you can choose not to put the course on a transcript if you don't like your grade?  Can you do the entire course first?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(02-06-2021, 06:59 PM)dfrecore Wrote:

Quick question: is this like ASU in that you can choose not to put the course on a transcript if you don't like your grade?  Can you do the entire course first?

Kind of. If you don't like your grade, you can redo the assignment(s) in question. I forget how many times you're allowed to do this. IIRC, your final assignment isn't graded until you pay, though you can redo it for a better grade. Just like with ASU, some of the assignments are auto-graded and some are not so you can have an idea of how well you're doing in the course along the way.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
(02-06-2021, 07:56 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(02-06-2021, 06:59 PM)dfrecore Wrote:

Kind of. If you don't like your grade, you can redo the assignment(s) in question. I forget how many times you're allowed to do this. IIRC, your final assignment isn't graded until you pay, though you can redo it for a better grade. Just like with ASU, some of the assignments are auto-graded and some are not so you can have an idea of how well you're doing in the course along the way.

So if you choose to do nothing, it just...disappears into the ether? No record of it in the National Clearinghouse?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(02-06-2021, 08:39 PM)dfrecore Wrote: So if you choose to do nothing, it just...disappears into the ether? No record of it in the National Clearinghouse?

If you don't pay, it never goes on an Olivet transcript, no. If you do pay and you don't pass, you are required to redo assignments to bring your grade up. The rubrics for the written assignments seem pretty clear and straightforward.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Zardoz

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excelsior BSLA - Upper Level Credits Robinred2404 7 404 03-18-2024, 09:08 PM
Last Post: Robinred2404
  CPA Reqs and Coopersmith/Study.com Sunnydaze 12 2,077 03-11-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: lonelySamurai
  Has excelsior accepted CSM math recently? CM1999 6 937 01-11-2024, 10:16 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  So disappointed in Excelsior. Should I bail or suck it up for the last class? profstudent 22 5,585 12-06-2023, 02:03 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  New Change to Enrollment at Excelsior U. -- Not Good milah1 12 1,647 10-20-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: frankc
  Excelsior University BS in Liberal Arts Upper Credit Transfer Options Niketay 13 2,315 07-05-2023, 10:22 AM
  Excelsior University to Ivey League ----> RichestLiberalArtsMajor 5 1,338 06-06-2023, 09:32 AM
Last Post: IReallyNeedADegree
  OTmina - Excelsior Degree Plan OTmina 28 4,076 05-16-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: OTmina
  Excelsior Capstone Risa 6 1,737 04-30-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: new2this
  Finally Graduating from Excelsior University new2this 4 1,256 04-29-2023, 12:46 AM