Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excelsior UExcel Ethics exams
I have to take an Excelsior UExcel exam for ethics, and my choices are : Ethics: theory and practice, or Business ethics, or Bioethics: philosophical issues. I have never taken an ethics class or exam before and have not found any or very little feedback on any of these exams here. Was wondering if there is anyone who has taken any of these exams and could provide some feedback and whether which one is easier than the other or which one has some good study material. Thanks for any help!
Years ago and I did not do well in the Excelsior UExcel Exam Ethics: theory and practice. Tongue

I did do way better on the way cheaper DSST Ethics exam. Big Grin

I did not study for either. Tongue
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

Ethics: Theory & Practice is $355, while the other 2 are $145 each. That would narrow down my choices if I were to take one.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Business Ethics only lists 1 textbook is used for answer verification, while Bioethics lists 3 with a 4th recommended.the content guide for Business Ethics also suggests a Saylor course for study. Based on that I would imagine preparing for Business Ethics would be more streamline. Plus the content will apply to most any job.
Cost is not a factor since I have tuition reimbursement from work. I see that Ethics: Theory/Practice has IC cards though.
(10-01-2017, 02:06 PM)radconjohn Wrote: Cost is not a factor since I have tuition reimbursement from work. I see that Ethics: Theory/Practice has IC cards though.

The IC flashcards is very important, I have not failed a DSST exam that I have 90%+ on the flash cards.  Secondly, the EC Ethics is upper division, not all the exams for Ethics is upper division.  The insurance institute has an ethics course that is free but it only provides two credit hours upper division.  For me this would leave me one credit short on upper division credits.

If you do not need the upper division credits check out Saylor.org Business Ethics, it costs $25.  If you do need the upper division credits check out the insurance institute, but it only provides two upper division credits.  if you need the thre UL credits, then EC is the way to go.

The EC course has self study material with it, that is why it costs more.  It is almost like a correspondence course.

Here is the link to the insurance institute for two upper division ethics credits:

http://www.theinstitutes.org/comet/learn...thics.htm/

BE SURE TO PICK THE FREE ONE. THE PAID ONE IS FOR CONTINUING EDUCATION, AND WILL NOT TRANSFER.
I need the UL credits and those ethics classes are my choices from my advisor right now. Will inquire about the UL DSST ethics exams.
Your advisor will probably not offer up alternatives outside of the UExcel exams, even if they will take other courses/exams. So you have to specifically ask. I'm assuming that you're going to EC? If so, they take everything, so you have lots of other, less expensive options than EC/UExcel to test out.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Life Long Learning
http://getcollegecredit.com/assets/pdf/d...a_2016.pdf

http://getcollegecredit.com/assets/pdf/d...ociety.pdf

DSST Ethics in America is lower division. DSST Business Ethics is upper division.

EC told me that the class had to have the name "Ethics" in it to satisfy their Ethics requirement.
Just went on the ACE website to check the recommended credit given to the Ethics exams and they are both LL credits. Business Ethics is now a LL credit exam, this just change in June 2017!!! So, I will have to take a EC ethics exams.
Yes, I'm going to EC. I only have an ethics class/exam, a history, english comp and capstone left.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does TESU put the free Ethics class from the Institutes as a grade or just as credit? Jenna.C 19 5,468 09-14-2018, 12:27 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Courses/Exams at a Cheaper Price and TESU Admissions Question UnbreakablyDetermined 12 4,448 09-09-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: davewill
  booking tecep exams shendaddy 4 1,782 08-16-2018, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  Excelsior HR Degree Progress glgamerica 6 1,824 07-31-2018, 10:44 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Help planning exams for ASNSM in Computer Science theveganmaker 3 1,545 07-27-2018, 10:52 AM
Last Post: theveganmaker
  Excelsior: ALEKS Beginning Algebra duplicates ... bluebooger 13 3,161 07-26-2018, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Exfactor
  Excelsior College 47th Annual Commencement - 12 Year Old Graduate Life Long Learning 16 4,913 07-26-2018, 01:11 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Environmental Ethics ETH-210-TE Tecep jawbreakingrr 57 17,751 07-25-2018, 12:31 PM
Last Post: ashtonnewman
  Excelsior homeschoolmom1 1 1,283 07-20-2018, 11:10 AM
Last Post: hsfamfun
  Excelsior homeschoolmom1 0 957 07-19-2018, 02:06 PM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1