Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Help planning exams for ASNSM in Computer Science
So far I have these credits through TESU...

Intro to computers
Databases Management
Operating Systems
Womens Health 

I also have Art, Intro to Psychology, and Health & Human Development DANTES exam.

Are there any quick links to a list of exams to finish this path specifically?

Here's are the exams I am thinking I will need. 

College Comp
Public Speaking
College Algebra
A&I Lit
American Government
Intro to Sociology
Ethics In America
Substance Abuse
Biology
Statistics
Management Info Systems
Fundamentals of Cybersecurity 

And I would have to find some other Computer Science electives somewhere. Would this plan work? Does anyone know if the college will help you plan this out if you are no longer enrolled?? haha
What are the course #s that TESU has listed for the courses you already have?  I ask because there are a few that are "close" to the names you listed but may come in under different numbers.  The AOS credits for this degree are readily available through alternative credit providers (all can be LL), but without knowing for certain what TESU has your course # to name it is hard to recommend.

Credits I know you can use in your AOS are the free TEEX credits (Cybersecurity related). I believe 4 out of the 6 credits will still count and come in as CIS - maybe even the 6, I did see a post recently that there was an adjustment to how TESU is counting them, but I think it was related more to LL vs UL - which isn't a factor in this degree. Hopefully someone can clarify how they transfer in now.

Also since you don't have your math requirement you may want to take the TECEP Applied Liberal Arts Mathematics (MAT-105-TE), it would reactive your enrollment and allow you to lock in your catalog (you would have to request the ASNSM in Computer Science to be added after the TECEP if it is not already - I would even confirm it with them).

Finally they are not very helpful for alternative credit sources - even if you were enrolled - but we are Smile
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Hi. I recommend doing everything through CLEP/Modern States and if you want to continue with DSST for ones that are not available by CLEP, you can do so.

Your Comp Science concentration is already complete with the following 15 credits:
Intro to computers
Databases Management
Operating Systems
Management Info Systems
Fundamentals of Cybersecurity

Reference: I have a sample template created in My Degree Plan! excel spreadsheet.
Requirements: https://www.tesu.edu/heavin/asnsm/computer-science
CLEP: https://www.tesu.edu/academics/catalog/c...am-program
DSST: https://www.tesu.edu/academics/catalog/dsst
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(07-19-2018, 07:00 PM)allvia Wrote: What are the course #s that TESU has listed for the courses you already have?  I ask because there are a few that are "close" to the names you listed but may come in under different numbers.  The AOS credits for this degree are readily available through alternative credit providers (all can be LL), but without knowing for certain what TESU has your course # to name it is hard to recommend.

Credits I know you can use in your AOS are the free TEEX credits (Cybersecurity related). I believe 4 out of the 6 credits will still count and come in as CIS - maybe even the 6, I did see a post recently that there was an adjustment to how TESU is counting them, but I think it was related more to LL vs UL - which isn't a factor in this degree. Hopefully someone can clarify how they transfer in now.

Also since you don't have your math requirement you may want to take the TECEP Applied Liberal Arts Mathematics (MAT-105-TE), it would reactive your enrollment and allow you to lock in your catalog (you would have to request the ASNSM in Computer Science to be added after the TECEP if it is not already - I would even confirm it with them).

Finally they are not very helpful for alternative credit sources - even if you were enrolled - but we are Smile

So taking the TECEP would make me an active student again? I hadnt even considered that TECEP. Ill look into it! 
[-] The following 1 user Likes theveganmaker's post:
  • allvia

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,982 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,662 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,109 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,645 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,734 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,348 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,596 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,326 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,379 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,861 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore