Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excelsior: What happens when I'm done with all my credits?
wanderer168 Wrote:.....
Thanks, NAP for the response. A whole month for the degree conferral sucks, I was hoping it would be faster as I wanted to get started on my Master's degree as soon as possible. Oh well, I guess I'll do some reading ahead of time.

You're welcome! Actually, it is always closer to 2 months to official conferral. Check the chart that Sanantone posted. There is something called a "letter of qualification". (Check the student policy book and ask your advisor.) That may help you get started with graduate school sooner. It is always nice to enjoy a little break, too; you deserve it!
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!
As NAP said, the conferral date is usually around 2 months out. It's kind of a pain, but don't let that stop you from working on gaining admission to graduate programs. I completed my degree from EC in Oct of 2010, and my conferral was Dec (12?) 2010, but I was able to get my information together, show proof that I had completed the requirements and was just waiting on conferral of the degree, and was accepted for entry into a Masters program in November 2010 with a start in January 2011 (I didn't want to try starting in December due to the holidays).

You just have to see how much graduate admissions at the school you wish to attend will work with you.
Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Wile E. Coyote, genius. I am not selling anything nor am I working my way through college, so let's get down to basics: you are a rabbit and I am going to eat you for supper. Now don't try to get away, I am more muscular, more cunning, faster and larger than you are, and I am a genius, while you could hardly pass the entrance examinations to kindergarten, so I'll give you the customary two minutes to say your prayers.

Bachelor of Science in PsychoRabbitology degree
Master of Education with a specialty in Rabbit-specific destructive munitions (or eLearning & Technology, I forget which)
Doctor of Philosophy in Wile E. Leadership with an area of specialty in Acme Mind Expansion - 2017 Hopefully
Congratulations!
Just an update for everyone taking the same July to August capstone , I just got a reply from my adviser that I have been processed for 17th Oct graduation and I should be receiving a notice within this week. Be patient and enjoy the break.
Congrats on the hard work!

vaust Wrote:Just an update for everyone taking the same July to August capstone , I just got a reply from my adviser that I have been processed for 17th Oct graduation and I should be receiving a notice within this week. Be patient and enjoy the break.
Denise

MS - Management and Leadership, WGU 2022
BS - Liberal Arts - Depths in Healthcare and Psychology, Excelsior College 2014
Certificate - Workers Comp Admin, UC Davis Extension, 1995
AA - Licensed Vocational Nursing and Selected Studies, Mesa College 1989
Certificate - Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN), Mesa College 1977

Also, someday maybe a MS in Forensic Psychology, just for fun.   Oh, and a BS in Animal Behavior.  And, maybe when I'm 85 a PhD in something fun.

Hi all, thanks for the replies. I have just gotten an official update to my graduation status. So I thought I'd share that in this thread so as to give anyone else in the same situation a little help with their waiting:

I planned my last DSST exams to coincide with the ending of my Capstone course (BUS 495), so all of that was completed on 8/24/2014.
I got an official e-mail from Excelsior today on 9/19/2014 congratulating me on my accomplishment. When I went into my Excelsior account and checked my "Graduation Status", it showed that my Degree Completion Date to be 09/16/2014, and that I have a Graduation Date of 10/17/2014.

So, in summary:

08/24/2014 - All credits completed.
09/16/2014 - Degree verification.
09/19/2014 - Official confirmation letter from Excelsior.
10/17/2014 - Graduation Date.
= 53 Days from Finishing Credits to Official Graduation.

Sucks huh? Rolleyes
That gives me hope! I finished mine on 8/30 and I haven't heard anything. I was hoping to have a conferral date in October.

wanderer168 Wrote:Hi all, thanks for the replies. I have just gotten an official update to my graduation status. So I thought I'd share that in this thread so as to give anyone else in the same situation a little help with their waiting:

I planned my last DSST exams to coincide with the ending of my Capstone course (BUS 495), so all of that was completed on 8/24/2014.
I got an official e-mail from Excelsior today on 9/19/2014 congratulating me on my accomplishment. When I went into my Excelsior account and checked my "Graduation Status", it showed that my Degree Completion Date to be 09/16/2014, and that I have a Graduation Date of 10/17/2014.

So, in summary:

08/24/2014 - All credits completed.
09/16/2014 - Degree verification.
09/19/2014 - Official confirmation letter from Excelsior.
10/17/2014 - Graduation Date.
= 53 Days from Finishing Credits to Official Graduation.

Sucks huh? Rolleyes
Denise

MS - Management and Leadership, WGU 2022
BS - Liberal Arts - Depths in Healthcare and Psychology, Excelsior College 2014
Certificate - Workers Comp Admin, UC Davis Extension, 1995
AA - Licensed Vocational Nursing and Selected Studies, Mesa College 1989
Certificate - Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN), Mesa College 1977

Also, someday maybe a MS in Forensic Psychology, just for fun.   Oh, and a BS in Animal Behavior.  And, maybe when I'm 85 a PhD in something fun.

Congratulations!

It looks like they bumped your conferral up a month. The other schools only confer degrees quarterly.

Will the letter of qualification help you move forward with your plans?
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!
Quarterly? Wow, I would be banging my head against the wall if I had to wait that long Smile

Unfortunately no, I called WGU (the university I'm aiming for), but the enrollment personnel I spoke with says that a letter of qualification is not going to work. I'll have to wait till October, and then another month after that to get the admission process started. So, it'll likely be December or maybe even January before I can begin my master's program. It really throws off my schedule, but nothing to do but focus on work and other things for now I guess.

Oh well.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU transcript audit says 13 required credits through TESU? Rteurowise 8 2,110 09-05-2018, 01:43 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU "Overflow" Credits mysonx3 5 2,275 08-31-2018, 01:24 AM
Last Post: Merlin
  Charter Oak (COSC) maximum credits from one source nosey561 1 1,691 08-30-2018, 10:39 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.com College Credits UnbreakablyDetermined 2 1,845 08-27-2018, 05:44 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Excelsior HR Degree Progress glgamerica 6 1,827 07-31-2018, 10:44 PM
  Excelsior: ALEKS Beginning Algebra duplicates ... bluebooger 13 3,167 07-26-2018, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Exfactor
  Excelsior College 47th Annual Commencement - 12 Year Old Graduate Life Long Learning 16 4,922 07-26-2018, 01:11 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Credits Giantzebra 5 1,607 07-23-2018, 12:50 AM
  Second Bachelor BALS with concentration with the 24 new credits rule posabsolute 1 1,375 07-22-2018, 11:30 PM
  Excelsior homeschoolmom1 1 1,291 07-20-2018, 11:10 AM
Last Post: hsfamfun