Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expensive Executive MBA - Worth it or not?
So, here's a sample list of the most expensive Executive MBA degrees in the US or partnered with another University (over $100K)
Link: http://datawrapper.dwcdn.net/WHJ3F/2/

Do you think it's worth it to say get a degree from one of these schools named in the list?  I mean, forking out $100K on a 2 year degree.
If the return is just 10% pay increase a year or something like that, it'll take a few years to get the money back.   After a few more years...
You would have made a much better pay increase than if you did not do the EMBA.  Would another degree do better than this and cost less?
Well, it all depends on the situation and your goals, some people who are in Banking, IT, or another vertical make heaps of cash flow!!

Side note: <gasp> You got to be really rich and in love with "music" if you're going to pay so much for a music degree here!
Link: https://financesonline.com/10-most-expen...-colleges/
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I have always assumed that the people who go to those expensive programs are very experienced, highly placed people in the first place and that their company pays the tab on the executive degree program as a sort of bonus or some other form of compensation like having a luxury box at the ballpark or something like that.
I personally think it's a great idea to get an executive MBA if the company is going to fork out that education expense, but if I was paying for it out of pocket, I would go for any public/state university for affordable, ease, speed to finish. If I did have a little tuition assistance or reimbursement, I would go for a slightly better program with either ACBSP or AACSB accreditation again in the public/state university category unless something affordable at a private and/or non-profit comes my way...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
i thought an EMBA is suppose to let the person study and work at the same time. also, isn't the emba meant to target a different group of people? eg, experienced executives who are already working with some fortune 500, and drawing a higher than average salary? i mean, if you're doing 300k/year with 10% increase, it's alot different from 50k/year with 10% increase...
I think we might be surprised at the number of people that do this kind of programs that paid out of pocket. I know at least 2 that did (80k EMBA program), they both moved from (senior) middle management to VP level within 2-3 years.

Still a huge bet, you need to be very sure about your trajectory, but I would guess the increase is much much more than 10%. If you target 10% then you already failed in my opinion.
WGU MS ITM, 2021.
TESU BACS, 2020.
TESU BSBA, 2018.
TESU ASNSM in Computer Science, 2018.
----
UPenn MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing, see story here).
NAU MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing)
----
damn, forking out 80k+ is just crazy. put that into an ETF over 30 years and i think ur ROI will be better served.
I feel that executive MBA programs are more of a networking thing and professional in the industry teach them. Yes they charge a lot and personally I don't think they are worth it but you can establish some good connections.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  South College Announces Executive MBA Darknigh7 11 871 01-03-2024, 05:16 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Fastest Least Expensive Masters in Psychology or Education dbwdb 21 3,661 09-09-2023, 09:39 PM
Last Post: ejones
  Recommendations for least expensive online MSW? studyingfortests 39 6,234 08-10-2022, 06:06 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  The elite Masters degrees that are not worth it Alpha 6 1,499 07-12-2021, 09:11 AM
Last Post: sacredrain
  Ashworth MS in Marketing -- Worth it? Hunter91 14 3,015 03-14-2016, 09:51 PM
Last Post: AJ_Atlanta