Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashworth MS in Marketing -- Worth it?
https://www.ashworthcollege.edu/masters-...marketing/

The curriculum kind of interests me...Pros and cons of this degree? General thoughts are appreciated

Thanks!
MSN - Complete
BSN - Complete
ASN - Complete
MA - Complete
BA - Complete
AA - Complete
You won't be able to use it to teach due to its NA accreditation. However it is recognized pretty much everywhere else as a valid graduate degree from the private sector to the public sector. I say if prices right and the curriculum is right go for it.

Also, I have spoken to many people in HR, and they all state that they do not care about the name of your school and in many times they do not care what your degree is in.
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
I have taken a few courses there. I really like the school and their online portal. Anytime I call with any questions I get one person who is able to answer all of them. They are well trained, friendly and the content is much more rigorous than what I studied at College of Southern Nevada.
MA in progress
AAS & AGS
At that price, you might as well go to Patten and earn a regionally accredited degree.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
sanantone Wrote:At that price, you might as well go to Patten and earn a regionally accredited degree.

$234 per graduate credit doesn't seem too bad. What's interesting to me is that the degree has all marketing specific classes, and no classes that I would dread taking, for example, an MBA with an emphasis in marketing where there's 24 units in various business classes then 2-3 classes in the emphasis that I actually want to learn about. Might just go for the grad cert in marketing and if I like the way things are going the cert classes transfer directly into the MS in marketing.
MSN - Complete
BSN - Complete
ASN - Complete
MA - Complete
BA - Complete
AA - Complete
Hunter91 Wrote:$234 per graduate credit doesn't seem too bad. What's interesting to me is that the degree has all marketing specific classes, and no classes that I would dread taking, for example, an MBA with an emphasis in marketing where there's 24 units in various business classes then 2-3 classes in the emphasis that I actually want to learn about. Might just go for the grad cert in marketing and if I like the way things are going the cert classes transfer directly into the MS in marketing.

Why do you want a graduate degree in marketing?
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
sanantone Wrote:Why do you want a graduate degree in marketing?

The topic kind of interests me, I watch a lot of Shark Tank (lol), and I'm hoping it'll at least get me out of my dead-end retail minimum wage job if I complete it.
MSN - Complete
BSN - Complete
ASN - Complete
MA - Complete
BA - Complete
AA - Complete
Hunter91 Wrote:The topic kind of interests me, I watch a lot of Shark Tank (lol), and I'm hoping it'll at least get me out of my dead-end retail minimum wage job if I complete it.

Whatever catches your interest is easier to complete. For example, I'd love an MBA, and I have 16 years experience as an Executive, Investor, and Entrepreneur; I would never want to take another boring business course again that covers memorizing useless vocabulary and other filler stuff. So now I am taking MOOCS that covers areas I'd like to focus on and probably will go to an area that I would enjoy rather than dread. If you like Marketing and the price is right for you, I say go for it. Let Shark Tank be your motivation to finish up your educational goals.
MA in progress
AAS & AGS
sanantone Wrote:Why do you want a graduate degree in marketing?

Forgetting about the accreditation issue, I am wondering why you asked this question. Is there a reason why a masters in marketing is not worth it in your opinion? This is a real question and not a sarcastic one. My brother is looking into a masters in marketing, and I am wondering if you have reasons as to why someone should not want a graduate degree in marketing. Thanks.
I don't know what the future holds, but I know Who holds the future.
topdog98 Wrote:Forgetting about the accreditation issue, I am wondering why you asked this question. Is there a reason why a masters in marketing is not worth it in your opinion? This is a real question and not a sarcastic one. My brother is looking into a masters in marketing, and I am wondering if you have reasons as to why someone should not want a graduate degree in marketing. Thanks.

I've just never come across people who want to get a graduate degree in marketing. It's something you can get into with a bachelor's degree. If you wanted to work your way up to management, I would think that someone would get a more management-oriented, graduate degree.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Master's in Online or Digital Marketing resistk 2 360 02-13-2024, 03:01 PM
Last Post: resistk
  Marketing Degree Suggestions Cowabunga Dude 8 1,126 12-16-2022, 05:38 PM
Last Post: Cowabunga Dude
  WGU - MS in Marketing sanantone 8 1,257 11-05-2022, 10:46 PM
Last Post: jsd
  The elite Masters degrees that are not worth it Alpha 6 1,550 07-12-2021, 09:11 AM
Last Post: sacredrain
  Expensive Executive MBA - Worth it or not? bjcheung77 6 1,151 04-07-2021, 09:16 AM
Last Post: newdegree
  Fresh Ashworth Experience? High_Order1 1 1,581 02-20-2018, 04:53 PM
Last Post: videogamesrock
  Ashworth College sanantone 0 1,698 10-05-2017, 09:37 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Want to do marketing degree...MBA with conc. in marketing or MSc in Marketing? TESUAbroad 30 4,893 03-22-2017, 02:23 AM
Last Post: jadae@wgu.edu
  Question regarding Graduate Program in Marketing at SMU Cox School of Business NiceGuy 2 1,381 10-22-2015, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Prloko