Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Failed DSST Public Speaking exam. Already applied for March TESU Graduation.
I just got an email saying I failed the speech portion of DSST public speaking. Taking this test in December when I was planning on graduating in March was a horrible idea. I've never failed an exam before and I guess I was too confident. So it seems like March graduation is probably off the table. Maybe a long shot, but does anyone have any ideas on how else I could fulfill the requirement as quickly as possible?

I'm extra devastated/desperate because I've submitted grad school applications with a March graduation. And I have a job interview tomorrow that requires a degree and I've told them I graduate in March.
I took Introduction to Communications through Straighterline.

If you are in a hurry, submit your speeches quickly for grading and then work your way through the course.

Good luck.
barneyfife Wrote:I took Introduction to Communications through Straighterline.

If you are in a hurry, submit your speeches quickly for grading and then work your way through the course.

Good luck.

Theoretically, how quickly can this be done. I just read that today is the last day to late register for the new TECEP that fulfills the requirement so I need to decide by the end of the day whether or not to go down that route or not.
If you need or want the job, I recommend the leave no stone unturned approach. Sign up for the TECEP and Straighterline.
63 CLEP Sociology
75 CLEP U.S. History II
63 CLEP College Algebra
70 CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature
68 DSST Technical Writing
72 CLEP U.S. History I
77 CLEP College Mathematics
470 DSST Statistics
53 CLEP College Composition
73 CLEP Biology
54 CLEP Chemistry
77 CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications
kdubbub Wrote:Theoretically, how quickly can this be done. I just read that today is the last day to late register for the new TECEP that fulfills the requirement so I need to decide by the end of the day whether or not to go down that route or not.

Theoretically? You can finish the SL course in *one day*.

1. Pay for the course w/ eBook.
2. Record and submit all of your videos.
3. Power through the *open book* pre-final exams.
4. Do your best on the *closed book* final. If you did #3 right, your score here will basically not matter.
5. Wait for grading of #2, will probably take a week or so.

I don't think there's going to be a faster way for you to get this done when you include grading.
TESU BSBA/GenMgmt, Graduation approved for March 2017
CR Sources: 75cr(StraighterLine), 15cr(Saylor), 6cr(ALEKS), 6cr(Kaplan, TESU), 12cr(PF), 6cr(CLEP)
alzee Wrote:I don't think there's going to be a faster way for you to get this done when you include grading.

People have recently been saying Study.com is grading projects within 48 hours. You can do their course in a day if you really power through and do nothing else, upload the project, take the final and possibly have the full grade within 48 hours. I would also call them and explain the situation and I could easily see them helping you out and streamlining your project to be graded immediately. Their customer service is really great if you call. Don't bother with the support tab on the website - in my experience those always gets bumped up to the real customer service anyway.
I second the Straigherline and Study.com idea. UExcel also has Interpersonal Communication and Work Place Communication. This can be quickly!
Credit Sources:
Guilford Technical Community College (59)
U.S Army Training
ALEKS
Study.com
Straighterline
Shmoop
DSST
UExcel
ndelcollo Wrote:People have recently been saying Study.com is grading projects within 48 hours.

I can confirm this based on my experience with 2 projects. I can also confirm Study.com's staff is very helpful and responsive.
MBA- WGU, in progress 2018
BSBA- TESU, Sep. 2017

OakLakeNC Wrote:I second the Straigherline and Study.com idea. UExcel also has Interpersonal Communication and Work Place Communication. This can be quickly!

I don't think either of the UExcel courses count as TESU's Speech Requirement. If you wanted to take those, you should get them pre approved before you pay for them.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I just got off the phone with TESU and it's not all gloom and doom! Turns out I still have a chance of graduating in March; I was told that I need to send an email to the registrar's office and explain my situation and how I plan on meeting the requirement before graduation and they may still approve my graduation application. And, if I need to, I have until tomorrow to register for TECEP Technical Communication!

I have only done testing until now but I'll look into SL and Study.com tonight. Also, I have heard you can appeal to have the DSST graded again. Has anyone heard of a success with this? I'm thinking it's not worth it if it will take another 4 weeks to get a grade back but also wondering if it's worth shot.

I can't thank you guys enough for your quick replies! I was actually embarrassed to post this cause I can't believe I was irresponsible enough to put off taking a required gen ed credit until the very end and then have so much weigh on whether I pass or fail. But you all have been very helpful Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  March 2024 - News, News, and more News! bjcheung77 1 167 03-16-2024, 11:18 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  American Public University? nomaduser 33 2,932 03-14-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Metropolia Open UAS Failed Enrollment? MissRN 9 860 02-05-2024, 05:04 PM
Last Post: Tomas
  No ACE credits on ACTFL exam? Aikuroa 12 1,194 01-09-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  TESU---Easy Courses and TECEPS midnite123 5 544 01-04-2024, 08:22 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU-----Transcripts??? midnite123 6 393 12-21-2023, 05:19 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  TESU---AA ??? midnite123 15 1,002 11-16-2023, 09:17 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UC Berkeley failed to disclose $240 million in funds from China elcastor21 3 450 09-07-2023, 09:59 AM
Last Post: elcastor21
  International University of Applied Sciences (IU) acquires University of Fredericton. bjcheung77 0 535 07-01-2023, 01:39 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Masters in Public Admin Mike Williams 11 1,750 06-17-2023, 12:18 PM
Last Post: teejayb