Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Failing TECEP twice
As I understand it, you can only retake a TECEP exam once. If we fail the retake, we're allowed to still take the course version of the TECEP equivalent right? 

I'm taking the TECEP networking exam (CMP-354) again soon and plan on passing, but was wondering just in case.
(03-28-2023, 08:39 PM)KsT Wrote: As I understand it, you can only retake a TECEP exam once. If we fail the retake, we're allowed to still take the course version of the TECEP equivalent right? 

I'm taking the TECEP networking exam (CMP-354) again soon and plan on passing, but was wondering just in case.

You can take the course, or you can take a different course elsewhere (I think there's an UL Saylor course that will work instead if you're taking the BSBA/CIS degree).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • KsT
If you're doing the BACS degree, Software Engineering from Saylor is UL. Or take the Network Engineering course. It's supposed to be much, much easier than the TECEP.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • KsT
(03-31-2023, 10:25 AM)rachel83az Wrote: If you're doing the BACS degree, Software Engineering from Saylor is UL. Or take the Network Engineering course. It's supposed to be much, much easier than the TECEP.

But BACS still requires 3 more UL CS even took Software Engineering at Saylor according to degreeforum cs degree plan.
Is there a Network Engineering course at TESU that you are referring to?
A TESU degree only requires 18 UL credits. 3 of those come from the capstone. The remaining 5 can be:

Network Engineering TECEP
Software Engineering at Saylor
Software Engineering TESU class
Network Engineering TESU class
Artificial Intelligence TESU class
Computer Architecture at SDC (REQUIRED)
Systems Analysis & Design at SDC
Management Information Systems at SDC
Database Management at SDC
SAS Advanced Programmer Certificate from Coursera (will go to Additional AOS Electives, still counts for UL)

It's not a lot of choice, but you do get to chose whatever 4 of those will work best for you.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • inf
@evenFair23, for now, the list Rachel83AZ is what I would look into. It really depends what you already have taken and have on the table, it's great to get started by asking questions, having said that, we don't know what you've got to properly advice you what to take... Depending on your budget, commitments, needing it to be RA or ACE credit, you need to decide which would suit your degree and hit the degree requirements. I think there was an ASU course that also worked, if that $425 wouldn't break the budget, then you can search for that as well.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(06-25-2023, 09:59 AM)rachel83az Wrote: A TESU degree only requires 18 UL credits. 3 of those come from the capstone. The remaining 5 can be:

SAS Advanced Programmer Certificate from Coursera (will go to Additional AOS Electives, still counts for UL)

It's not a lot of choice, but you do get to chose whatever 4 of those will work best for you.

Unfortunately, I am not able to locate a course called Network Engineering TECEP. Or May be I don’t know how to find it. Sorry, thank you for the reply.
There is a course called Network Technology CMP-354 TECEP.
(06-26-2023, 08:18 PM)evenFair23 Wrote:
(06-25-2023, 09:59 AM)rachel83az Wrote: A TESU degree only requires 18 UL credits. 3 of those come from the capstone. The remaining 5 can be:

Unfortunately, I am not able to locate a course called Network Engineering TECEP. Or May be I don’t know how to find it. Sorry, thank you for the reply.

I believe its called Network Technology
TESU - BA CS
(06-26-2023, 08:50 PM)inf Wrote:
(06-26-2023, 08:18 PM)evenFair23 Wrote: Unfortunately, I am not able to locate a course called Network Engineering TECEP. Or May be I don’t know how to find it. Sorry, thank you for the reply.

I believe its called Network Technology

That's correct, it was a typo... You can see all those engineering courses... wow!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Yeah, sorry, it's Network Technology. Sometimes the brain gets stuck in a rut and wants everything to be similar. Big Grin
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 272 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 464 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
  CIS-1070 TECEP legenwait4itdary 6 317 02-29-2024, 07:54 AM
Last Post: RJ77
  TECEP for Enrollment optimisticCoder3 8 617 01-16-2024, 09:59 PM
  Recent ProctorU & Network Technology TECEP (CMP-3540) Experience AllThose299s 5 841 11-01-2023, 10:27 PM
  Free TECEP® Exams Available Now (?) doom 128 17,027 10-02-2023, 11:21 AM
  TECEP Planned But Not Registered/Scheduled mog538 8 603 09-27-2023, 10:58 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Date Range for TECEP Exam bradonomics 9 646 09-23-2023, 05:13 PM
Last Post: bradonomics
Question TECEP Study Tips For CMP-354 Network Technology udi 41 7,316 09-09-2023, 10:25 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  TECEP registration jdubley 4 431 08-16-2023, 12:17 PM
Last Post: jdubley