Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fall 2021 Session 2 -- What is YOURPace?
(11-20-2021, 12:39 PM)dp2021 Wrote: And a green checkmark, yet there is a milestone that he responds to every five days once I submit a response. 

I would just ask him what specifically he's looking for and remind him that the Milestones are not graded. Let him know you'd like to get the course wrapped up. Some of the new professors don't seem to understand how this works and are too picky.
It's quiet this session! How's everyone doing? I'm wrapping up two classes right now and will ask for my FINAL class next week! Fingers crossed that I get everything done!
I'm wrapping up one, have just begun another, and then will do 2 exams to finish! I hope Business Law 2 is not lengthy. IVe heard both good and bad comments about it here!

We can do this!
(11-29-2021, 03:36 PM)jadkins77 Wrote: It's quiet this session! How's everyone doing? I'm wrapping up two classes right now and will ask for my FINAL class next week! Fingers crossed that I get everything done!
I finished a couple of weeks ago. I only had three classes and they were quick. Just waiting for the term to end and degrees to be conferred.
BA History & Political Science - History Concentration - UMPI - 2021
Done- Waiting for degree conferral 

AA Graphic Design - Penn Foster - 2010 
(11-29-2021, 07:12 PM)TMcClary Wrote: I finished a couple of weeks ago. I only had three classes and they were quick. Just waiting for the term to end and degrees to be conferred.

Didn't you do the Spanish 102 on Study.com?

I was curious what is your feedback on that course?  How easy were the assignments in grading?

That seems like a difficult course if your only Spanish learning background was Instacert.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(11-30-2021, 05:13 PM)LevelUP Wrote:
(11-29-2021, 07:12 PM)TMcClary Wrote: I finished a couple of weeks ago. I only had three classes and they were quick. Just waiting for the term to end and degrees to be conferred.

Didn't you do the Spanish 102 on Study.com?

I was curious what is your feedback on that course?  How easy were the assignments in grading?

That seems like a difficult course if your only Spanish learning background was Instacert.

Yes, I took it on Study.com. I do have quite a bit of Spanish learning background from high school and working in a Spanish-speaking bakery in my teens and 20's so I can't judge how hard it would be with Instacert only, but my guess is it would be pretty hard. The assignments are 2 300-word essays and 2 3-minute videos. The exam was hard because of the "pick the word in this tense" questions. I do better with some context.
BA History & Political Science - History Concentration - UMPI - 2021
Done- Waiting for degree conferral 

AA Graphic Design - Penn Foster - 2010 
[-] The following 2 users Like TMcClary's post:
  • LevelUP, Pikachu
I'm just sitting here twiddling my thumbs waiting for a reply from my professor. I started this course back in October and have sent her numerous emails asking for help. I've received 2 responses and neither of which were of help. Yes, both Jessica and Cody are aware. I'm so frustrated. So I decided to turn in my draft on November 23 knowing it was crap, still no response.  I'd be done with everything if it wasn't for this. Ugh  Angry Sad
(12-02-2021, 11:33 AM)carebear_007 Wrote: I'm just sitting here twiddling my thumbs waiting for a reply from my professor. I started this course back in October and have sent her numerous emails asking for help. I've received 2 responses and neither of which were of help. Yes, both Jessica and Cody are aware. I'm so frustrated. So I decided to turn in my draft on November 23 knowing it was crap, still no response.  I'd be done with everything if it wasn't for this. Ugh  Angry  Sad

Everyone was on break for Thanksgiving so that will definitely hold up the draft review. They have a week to review it excluding the Thanksgiving break. I'm wondering which professor. There are a lot of new ones this year. They're from other U of M campuses. Some don't seem to have been well informed about YourPace. Have you tried calling the professor and leaving a voicemail? I have one that prefers phone calls.....not super convenient in an online program. I'm in the same time zone but everyone isn't so that can be an issue. Then there are the international students. What are they supposed to do?
(12-02-2021, 12:40 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(12-02-2021, 11:33 AM)carebear_007 Wrote: I'm just sitting here twiddling my thumbs waiting for a reply from my professor. I started this course back in October and have sent her numerous emails asking for help. I've received 2 responses and neither of which were of help. Yes, both Jessica and Cody are aware. I'm so frustrated. So I decided to turn in my draft on November 23 knowing it was crap, still no response.  I'd be done with everything if it wasn't for this. Ugh  Angry  Sad

Everyone was on break for Thanksgiving so that will definitely hold up the draft review. They have a week to review it excluding the Thanksgiving break. I'm wondering which professor. There are a lot of new ones this year. They're from other U of M campuses. Some don't seem to have been well informed about YourPace. Have you tried calling the professor and leaving a voicemail? I have one that prefers phone calls.....not super convenient in an online program. I'm in the same time zone but everyone isn't so that can be an issue. Then there are the international students. What are they supposed to do?

I don't want to put her on blast, just in case of extenuating circumstances. But if you recall me asking for software advice back in October, it's that class. At one point, it took her 15 days to respond back to me. Waiting for professor response was not something I had considered when I started----I'm so glad I didn't need much interaction with the other professors. I can't imagine how long it would take to finish. I remember asking on here if it was doable to finish so and so many courses in a session, I was only thinking about how much time I could put in. I never factored the possible wait time. 

I am so glad this is my last course. I think if international students mainly go for a liberal studies degree and get courses with mainly exam as a final, they'd be fine--but there could also be a case of a question/answer error which I also ran into and it took that professor (a different one) 14 days to respond.
(12-02-2021, 01:04 PM)carebear_007 Wrote: I don't want to put her on blast, just in case of extenuating circumstances. But if you recall me asking for software advice back in October, it's that class. At one point, it took her 15 days to respond back to me. Waiting for professor response was not something I had considered when I started----I'm so glad I didn't need much interaction with the other professors. I can't imagine how long it would take to finish. I remember asking on here if it was doable to finish so and so many courses in a session, I was only thinking about how much time I could put in. I never factored the possible wait time. 

I am so glad this is my last course. I think if international students mainly go for a liberal studies degree and get courses with mainly exam as a final, they'd be fine--but there could also be a case of a question/answer error which I also ran into and it took that professor (a different one) 14 days to respond.

If you've waited a few days, you're not putting anyone on blast. They're supposed to reply within 3 days. 

Less than 1/4 of classes have exams. I'm in the new Marketing Concentration and holy cow are the assignments long! I've never had such long Final Assessments before. One had a paper and a 12-15 minutes PowerPoint with voiceover.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2024 Summer Sessions -- What is YOURPace? ashkir 1 166 1 hour ago
Last Post: Lady_Gumshoe
  UMPI YourPace BLS w/ Management Minor Reference Plan valentvne 8 426 11 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  minimum age for UMPI students YourPace EducationSeeker 6 325 04-20-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: EducationSeeker
  need advice on YourPace BBA Project Mgmt and Info Systems EducationSeeker 4 198 04-19-2024, 06:22 PM
  YourPace to regular online courses? RachelB 17 785 04-05-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Yourpace psychology degree PSY 496: Practicum Schlafen 12 1,635 04-02-2024, 08:48 AM
  What is considered FT at UMPI YourPace for the Pell Grant? RachelB 3 344 03-26-2024, 05:50 AM
  Study Plan to Earn 30 Credits in a Single 8-week Session FM1 14 1,732 03-04-2024, 11:49 PM
Last Post: CCCollege
  Yourpace admissions emcube 3 411 02-22-2024, 12:33 AM
  Commencement question (YourPace) rrrr 4 355 02-21-2024, 01:53 PM