Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fastest, Cheapest Way to Get Credits on Transcript
What's the fastest, cheapest way to get ACE or NCCRS credits on a transcript at a regionally or nationally accredited college? I figure it might be TESU if you sign up for a TECEP. TESU used to apply new credits to your transcript if you graduated and reapplied, but not anymore. You have to be enrolled now. Sad
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
I think that TESU would still be the fastest & cheapest if you don't have two undergrad degrees. The application fee is only $50 and then the $50 TECEP is significantly less than the hundreds that other schools charge for credit banking.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • sanantone
(08-05-2021, 02:18 AM)rachel83az Wrote: I think that TESU would still be the fastest & cheapest if you don't have two undergrad degrees. The application fee is only $50 and then the $50 TECEP is significantly less than the hundreds that other schools charge for credit banking.

Thank you. I already took Medical Terminology years ago, but I guess $150 is still cheaper than a credit bank.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
I took it last year but they still let me sign up for it again this year. YMMV
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • sanantone
(08-05-2021, 02:21 AM)sanantone Wrote:
(08-05-2021, 02:18 AM)rachel83az Wrote: I think that TESU would still be the fastest & cheapest if you don't have two undergrad degrees. The application fee is only $50 and then the $50 TECEP is significantly less than the hundreds that other schools charge for credit banking.

Thank you. I already took Medical Terminology years ago, but I guess $150 is still cheaper than a credit bank.

It's only $100 - the Med Term TECEP is 1cr, so just $50.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(08-05-2021, 09:59 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(08-05-2021, 02:21 AM)sanantone Wrote:

It's only $100 - the Med Term TECEP is 1cr, so just $50.

Thanks. I was thinking that since I had already taken Medical Terminology, I would have to sign up for a 3-credit TECEP. I filled out an application in spring hoping to transcript some accounting credits.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar

I'm confused. After you 'enroll' do you need to do anything to maintain that enrollment?

I work in EMS, so the medical terminology should be a breeze. I have about 60 random ACE credits I'd like to bank somewhere so I have a transcript to send to other schools as I start this journey. This seems like a great option, but I'm confused as to how exactly this loophole seems to work.

Sorry to hijack thread.
(08-08-2021, 01:46 PM)RiverM Wrote:

I'm confused. After you 'enroll' do you need to do anything to maintain that enrollment?

I work in EMS, so the medical terminology should be a breeze. I have about 60 random ACE credits I'd like to bank somewhere so I have a transcript to send to other schools as I start this journey. This seems like a great option, but I'm confused as to how exactly this loophole seems to work.

Sorry to hijack thread.

You have to continue to re-enroll every year; so you'd need to register for another TECEP or a course.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Sorry to hijack thread.

@RiverM - What it sounds like you're describing by putting them on the TESU transcript and transferring them from TESU direct to a different school is called credit laundering - alas, it doesn't work.  If you have ACE credits the school you want to transfer them to will want them from their original source (ACE credit providers such as SDC or Sophia is currently using Credly as the one place, one transcript). 

An example of why having the credits on a university transcript (that you're not attending, or seeking a degree from - aka 'banking the credits') would come in handy is if you were to want to apply for a MBA program that required you to have taken things like statistics, economics, accounting 101, etc prior to being admitted but your bachelor didn't require any of those and you're now missing them.  It confirms that they are college recognized credits and that you meet the prerequisites, but you are not looking for credit for them. Another example would be you want to sit for a licensing or certification exam and it requires you have X number of college credits in ABC subject so you need to show them on a college transcript as earned.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 3 users Like allvia's post:
  • jch, RiverM, sanantone
(08-08-2021, 04:42 PM)allvia Wrote:

Sorry to hijack thread.

@RiverM - What it sounds like you're describing by putting them on the TESU transcript and transferring them from TESU direct to a different school is called credit laundering - alas, it doesn't work.  If you have ACE credits the school you want to transfer them to will want them from their original source (ACE credit providers such as SDC or Sophia is currently using Credly as the one place, one transcript). 

An example of why having the credits on a university transcript (that you're not attending, or seeking a degree from - aka 'banking the credits') would come in handy is if you were to want to apply for a MBA program that required you to have taken things like statistics, economics, accounting 101, etc prior to being admitted but your bachelor didn't require any of those and you're now missing them.  It confirms that they are college recognized credits and that you meet the prerequisites, but you are not looking for credit for them. Another example would be you want to sit for a licensing or certification exam and it requires you have X number of college credits in ABC subject so you need to show them on a college transcript as earned.

Ahh, that makes a lot of sense. Thank you both for explaining Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Missing Straighterline credits on credly yc1981 2 78 Yesterday, 07:53 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How to get ACE credits such as Sophia on official college transcript Student3452 18 4,860 03-08-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Gumbeaux
  FREE Voucher for Microsoft AI Skills Challenge coming soon - potential ACE credits BritStudent 7 399 03-07-2024, 12:35 PM
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 549 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Searching for Fire Science Credits CGaboury 6 539 01-11-2024, 12:45 AM
  Transfer Sophia.org credits to Penn State World Campus? nomaduser 16 2,913 12-19-2023, 12:38 AM
Last Post: Dlynn1219
  Straighterline etc - Graduate Credits in Education? nykorn 5 579 10-22-2023, 07:56 PM
  Study.com transcript - do you need an active subscription? Kones 12 1,015 10-17-2023, 11:10 AM
  ACTFL no longer give ACE credits? Kab 16 1,346 08-10-2023, 04:41 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Can your Sophia credits be rejected when applying for a Master? ausernameisneeded 24 3,877 08-03-2023, 05:37 AM
Last Post: ausernameisneeded