Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fastest/Cheapest Way to get a Business Marketing Degree
Is TESU still the best option to transfer as many RA university credits totaling to 114 cr, or is there a better option? Really wanting a marketing degree and never has the chance after starting a family. Do you guys have any idea that accept most credits from a RA university?
COSC and TESU will take 114, Excelsior will take 113, the others will take up to 102 for an applied degree and 90 credits for bulk transfer maximums. What might be best is for you to provide more details of what you're looking for and what your previous college credit holds. I would follow this template, copy/paste your answers: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(11-17-2021, 03:47 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: COSC and TESU will take 114, Excelsior will take 113, the others will take up to 102 for an applied degree and 90 credits for bulk transfer maximums.  What might be best is for you to provide more details of what you're looking for and what your previous college credit holds.  I would follow this template, copy/paste your answers: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works

Thanks

Will Sophia, TEEX, and CSM, Instacert earn a person an AA from TESU or any college? (Apart from PIerpont AAS)

I was wanting BSBA-GM or any business BS from any college with the courses above.

I have RA credits from the past I have yet to check since it’s been many many years ago.
Big 3 (transfer in 113/114 credits):

TESU has a BSBA-Marketing degree that can be done via alt-credit.

EC has a BSB-Marketing, but it's unclear to me whether they will accept Study.com's Marketing courses for the concentration. They say "Business Core" or "Marketing Core" on Study.com's website, but don't say whether they fulfill the requirements: https://study.com/college/school/excelsior-college.html

COSC has a BSBA, but no marketing concentration.

Competency-based schools

WGU has a BSBA-Marketing degree

UMPI has a BSBA-Marketing degree

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you post all of your credits, we can tell you what you would still need at each school, and then you can decide from there.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Kevmock Wrote:Thanks

Will Sophia, TEEX, and CSM, Instacert earn a person an AA from TESU or any college? (Apart from PIerpont AAS)

I was wanting BSBA-GM or any business BS from any college with the courses above.

I have RA credits from the past I have yet to check since it’s been many many years ago.

Older credits transfer in just fine. If you have 24+ RA credits, yes to the Big 3, you can get an associates free on route to your Bachelors if you graduate the same time. And several Competency Based (CBE) programs will grant you an Associates/Bachelors combo as long as you complete 25% residency requirements at that college or university.

List all your credits and provide us more info, such as family commitments, work, etc - You need to decide the amount of energy, money, time you can dedicate to this educational journey, you also need to see which degree/school fits more before jumping in... if you have no time, then the Big 3 would be best, if you have no commitments, then a CBE option works!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(11-17-2021, 01:39 AM)Kevmock Wrote: Is TESU still the best option to transfer as many RA university credits totaling to 114 cr, or is there a better option? Really wanting a marketing degree and never has the chance after starting a family. Do you guys have any idea that accept most credits from a RA university?

If you already have 114 RA credits please don't assume that they will all transfer and fill out the degree requirements. 

What credits do you already have? 

UMPI has a BABA in Business Administration with Marketing Concentration. I'm the program right now.
(11-17-2021, 12:39 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Older credits transfer in just fine.  If you have 24+ RA credits, yes to the Big 3, you can get an associates free on route to your Bachelors if you graduate the same time.  And several Competency Based (CBE) programs will grant you an Associates/Bachelors combo as long as you complete 25% residency requirements at that college or university.  

List all your credits and provide us more info, such as family commitments, work, etc - You need to decide the amount of energy, money, time you can dedicate to this educational journey, you also need to see which degree/school fits more before jumping in... if you have no time, then the Big 3 would be best, if you have no commitments, then a CBE option works!

Actually EC limits how old credits can be for their BSB degree - 15 years for the business component courses.  But they don't require that you have any RA credits, so that's worth looking at.  They're also cheaper than TESU by quite a bit.  Don't get an AA, as you have to pay for an A.S. Capstone there - $1500 extra is definitely not worth it if you're already going to get a B.S.

TESU allows for a "free" BS after an AS, but only within a year.  So if you pay the residency waiver fee (currently $3200) to graduate with your AA, and then you don't apply to graduate with your BS within a year, you have to pay the RW Fee again (and it most likely will be more expensive at that point).

COSC has an AA, with no extra cost to get it on the way to a BS - but it's just a general AA and won't do much to help you, nor your resume.

WGU does not have an AA.

UMPI doesn't either that I'm aware of.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • ss20ts
(11-17-2021, 03:39 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Actually EC limits how old credits can be for their BSB degree - 15 years for the business component courses.  But they don't require that you have any RA credits, so that's worth looking at.  They're also cheaper than TESU by quite a bit.  Don't get an AA, as you have to pay for an A.S. Capstone there - $1500 extra is definitely not worth it if you're already going to get a B.S.

UMPI doesn't either that I'm aware of.

EC is VERY strict on that 15 years as well. I was at 16 years for a few business classes and was told no they're too old. 

On campus has an associate degree program but there isn't one in the online YourPace program. Not sure there's a point completing an associate degree in business and a bachelor's degree in business at the same time. It's one time to complete the associate degree and then complete the bachelor's degree later. But at the same time doesn't make sense to me because you won't gain anything from an associate in business once you have a bachelor's degree. And then you also can run into the different degree requirements which may make it take longer to complete the bachelor's degree and you may need more than 120 credits for both degrees.
Can someone confirm the 7 year rule for the BSBA AOS is no longer applicable? Or is it still applicable?
(11-17-2021, 08:20 PM)Kevmock Wrote: Can someone confirm the 7 year rule for the BSBA AOS is no longer applicable? Or is it still applicable?

From TESU's website: https://www.tesu.edu/business/bsba/index
Within the BSBA Areas of Study, up to 50 percent of the courses in the area of study may be older than 10 years from the most current date of application to the University. The remaining area of study credits must be current, completed within 10 years of the most current date of application to the University.

So, if you have 9cr of AoS that's older than 10 years, you're fine - but if you have more than 9cr, you will have to leave some behind.  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  University of Wisconsin - Flexible Program (BSBA Degree) KanekiGirl99 2 406 03-16-2024, 02:45 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  PUG has removed some master's degree programs from ExcelTrack RbxFunRocks 28 1,310 03-09-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: PositiveBelgae
  Name Brand, RA, State School Degree - Penn State World PreLawCoastie 7 1,241 03-02-2024, 07:56 PM
Last Post: PreLawCoastie
  University of AZ: Are these 10-wk Business Analytics Cert Courses Worth the $? Claudia P 3 437 01-18-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Tomas
  TESU BA psychology - need help with degree plan amleigh 17 937 12-16-2023, 09:25 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Texas A&M University-Commerce competency based degree goldendoodle101 61 15,529 12-14-2023, 05:06 PM
  Accelerate Newlane degree with unaccredited degree? Pinko64 5 687 10-31-2023, 11:53 AM
Last Post: Pinko64
Big Grin Degree Plan for SNHU BSCS AND/OR TESU BACS Request suzycupcake 10 1,325 06-24-2023, 01:50 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Is it possible to get a bachelor's degree in anything with mostly Sophia, etc? whiverem 19 2,425 06-20-2023, 01:16 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  New Liberty University Online Degree plan LevelUP 3 1,227 06-15-2023, 05:47 PM