Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fastest/Easiest School
I think you would have to avoid a lot of Study.com courses. Many have papers. A lot of Sophia courses have papers too.

I agree that you would probably want to do some Coopersmith courses. Davar could be a decent option too.

(01-27-2022, 02:36 AM)Ideas Wrote: I think you would have to avoid a lot of Study.com courses. Many have papers. A lot of Sophia courses have papers too.

I agree that you would probably want to do some Coopersmith courses. Davar could be a decent option too.

I'm curious about how the overall difficulty of these different options compare. I only have experience with Sophia and Study.com, and I don't like writing papers either, so I've tried to choose courses with no/minimal writing. The few writing assignments I've done were not bad at all, especially considering the relative ease of the rest of those courses. The writing assignments I chose appear to be far easier than what I would have to do for the same credit in a degree program, but there are some that could be more difficult, e.g., Sophia English Comp.
(01-26-2022, 09:22 PM)evanmonast Wrote: Upon further research I've decided I will stay with UMPI. I'm going to have to get used to writing papers anyway if I want to pursue a post grad so there's no point in running from it now. I will use my Pierpont AAS to go for a BAS in one of the minors, does anyone know which is the easiest? Turns out my Community College classes already qualify me for a Pre Law minor so I'm pumped about that. With just a couple of Study courses I could squeeze an English minor as well if they would allow it.

I think it is a good plan because you're right, you will need to write papers no matter what at some point - especially if you do wish to go to grad school in the future.  Now you'll know it is the right fit for you because you've looked into the other Big 3 options as well. No one of the schools we talk about here is the single best option, each person needs to find the path that best suits them.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(01-27-2022, 02:36 AM)Ideas Wrote: I think you would have to avoid a lot of Study.com courses. Many have papers. A lot of Sophia courses have papers too.

Keep in mind that Davar and Coopersmith are NCCRS rather than ACE, so those aren't accepted at UMPI or COSC.  But TESU and EC will take NCCRS, and many are exam-only options.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • ISKBizz15
(01-26-2022, 08:15 PM)evanmonast Wrote:
(01-26-2022, 08:01 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Excelsior, you need 9 or 15 credits minimum for their Associates or Bachelors degree
Excelsior $250 x 15 = $3750, plus fees
Link: https://www.excelsior.edu/costs-and-fina...uate-fees/
**I wonder if UEXCELS will count for this or not!!  It'll be incredibly inexpensive!

You only need to complete 7 credits at Excelsior. You have to complete the 9 or 15 credits at Excelsior if you want the military tuition rate. You don't have to do that.
(01-26-2022, 09:22 PM)evanmonast Wrote: Upon further research I've decided I will stay with UMPI. I'm going to have to get used to writing papers anyway if I want to pursue a post grad so there's no point in running from it now. I will use my Pierpont AAS to go for a BAS in one of the minors, does anyone know which is the easiest? Turns out my Community College classes already qualify me for a Pre Law minor so I'm pumped about that. With just a couple of Study courses I could squeeze an English minor as well if they would allow it.

I'm currently enrolled at UMPI for the Spring Semester. Yes you can transfer it classes from Sophia and/or Study.com while attending UMPI. I just transferred in American Gov't. I asked Jessica, and she said that is fine to do. She asked me to let her know before taking the course so I don't waste my money and time. To be honest, some of the courses are easier at UMPI. I transferred in 90 credits, with 16 classes to take for my BBA. Counting American Gov't, I've finished or am waiting for final grades for 4 classes since Jan. 18. 

I was also not a math person and I think that's why I avoided my degree for so many years. I tool it all with Sophia and with the help of the app Math Photo, I eased through it and learned so much.
[-] The following 3 users Like CCCC's post:
  • ISKBizz15, Pikachu, Vle045
(01-26-2022, 06:56 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: it's 24 credits through 6 TECEP exams + cornerstone/capstone.

Aren't most TECEPs 3 credits each?
(09-26-2022, 11:08 PM)CanICode Wrote:
(01-26-2022, 06:56 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: it's 24 credits through 6 TECEP exams + cornerstone/capstone.

Yes, they are, what's up?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(09-26-2022, 11:08 PM)CanICode Wrote:

Yes. Military residency for Bachelor's degrees is 24 TESU credits: https://www.tesu.edu/admissions/faqs-cre...-residency Non-military personnel only have a residency of 16 credits, BUT TECEPs do not count.

Someone who doesn't already have any RA credits would need 6 more RA credits beyond the 24 TESU credits to meet the 30 RA credit requirement. This could be 2 more TECEPs or it could be classes from TEL Learning or whatever.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Going back to school at 29 for CS with only freshman year of college completed RejuvenationOclock 8 654 04-10-2024, 11:40 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Degree planning advice, fastest way, need help Bikingrox211 19 1,353 04-06-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Bikingrox211
  Fastest & Easiest UMPI Bachelor's shawnette 8 400 04-05-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  DBA degree: online, 2-3 years, top US or UK school, accredited absamer 23 1,770 04-01-2024, 02:57 AM
Last Post: quanticmba
  Feedback on Paris Business School absamer 5 327 03-12-2024, 06:23 PM
  Associate degree in CJ: easiest path with no prior credits? CM1999 2 262 01-11-2024, 10:52 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Help finding a school and degree plan bleedingpurple 39 3,466 12-29-2023, 12:14 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Hi! Prospective law school student. Need 30-ish credits to graduate within 6 months. CaughtInTheRye12 23 1,784 12-28-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: CaughtInTheRye12
Heart Tired of my lack of degree holding me back- please help me plan fastest completion! pipitavivita 7 1,072 11-22-2023, 11:22 AM
  Help for Daughter w/ Choosing School/Degree/Degree Plan MaMichelle 4 532 11-21-2023, 12:56 PM